Tech PEB's Motion Simulator thread (for Racing Games and Flight Simulation)

Anyone wondering what games are supported for simulations here is a list.

Thank you I have been farming it out due to cost. I found someone who is really inexpensive to mill my parts I designed. Got myself a really cheap 3D printer to test fit of parts before milling. I have tons of expensive electronics equipment such as testing an assembly because that's more my area of expertise. They make some low cost desk size CDC machines though for me seem interesting.
Here is my flanges being milled.

EDIT: If interested there is a YouTube page devoted towards converting old mills to CNC machines I believe? I used to work for a company that designed an built 5 axes CNC machines. I worked on the 32 bit controller "state of the art at the time Motorola 68030" The things weighed upto 3 tons huge machines.

Cheapest decent size 3D printer on the market getting tons of use. It took me a year to decide what cheap 3D printer would fit the bill.

Here I am printing a button box for a steering wheel someone I followed designed. There is also shifting paddles and 3D printed mountings for my direct drive wheel I am working on.

Are you talking about This Old Tony?

Are you talking about This Old Tony?
No the guy I watched you could see his face he would walk around his shop. The shop was unreal I think he did custom airline parts. The guy I work with does high precision parts for a company that makes equipment for IC manufacturers. Part of a wafer insertion machine I think as well as small batch work like my flange. He's from my area and grew up in the town so he likes what I am doing. What's amazing about my motors they are part of a large multi-axes CNC machine used in large manufacturing. The encoder on it is within 30,000 of an inch accuracy using a laser. The motors are Chinese made and there is no way you could get anything similar for the price made in the US I tried nothing even close. They even make a 3:1 ratio gear reducer for it of course that means similar boost in power yet not much larger the without.

One of the guys who is now following me this is his home setup wow.

Here is my steering wheel that I have to finish building after 3 days of 3D printing the parts for the motion simulator. I been working on this project to get a 350 dollar direct drive racing wheel working with my simulator. Direct drive wheel usually cost between 1100 to 1700 dollars each and some all the way up to 3K for one yeah working on an open source solution for 350 dollars or so.

54.00 dollar racing wheel with my 3D printed parts.

BeamNG on my simulator is insane. I raised up my vertical range to 300mm. It really throws you around lol.

Taking some big air and you really feel it.

Last edited:
Thought I share with sherdog some of the early designs of my platform and how it can also support 2 HD short throw projectors as well as a Samsung 49 inch or other curved display screen. Made major changes such as my new actuators and the base of the platform. Wider to allow you to remove the seat and put on other various accessories such as a surf board, snow board, skateboard for the projection screen accessory. Projection screen will stand at eye height and is adjustable.

Last edited:
you should start a thread on this so people call follow along or go back and look more easily.
I tried and they put it into gaming hardware discussion.

Nvidia's Geforce Now now supports ChromeOS
Starting today, Nvidia's Geforce Now streaming service will support ChromeOS (in beta), expanding the service's OS to support a wider range of devices. Now, Geforce Now can stream PC games to Android devices, Nvidia Shield products, ChromeOS, Windows and macOS.
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/so...5vMMTQLJvRRWjtK_fdQ0SEp-BkHZV7sZMLckwLqsmR0Nk
I thought Nvidia shield was already running on Android? It should have been anyways? I never got that interested in the Nvidia Shield anyways.

Me wiring my steering wheel controller hub and why I hate soldering.

Right now wiring my micro-controller to my steering wheel hub fun times. The tape is on the clamps because I use it for other work.

I was trying to figure out a way of doing traction loss "Side note does surge too" on my rig I think I found something similar to how I could implement it not for a while though till I finish my current projects. This idea is brilliant and I could ether 3D print it or mill the parts nice. I would make the holder wider like double the width though for a change.

Last edited:
My brother in law testing the simulator for the first time. The metal sound is the bottom plate I am working on it for the controllers and computing hardware.

More fun with wiring my steering wheel controller hub. Waiting for my illuminated push buttons to come in to finish the hub.

So far everything fitting ok.

This is another project I will be working on soon enough.

My friend and his son on the Simulator for the first time. As you can see I am still saving up for the back motors and flanges. lol

Unigine is interesting for designing a game with telemetry for the simulator such as a snowboard game. Watching this live process in developing a forest scene for the game engine. Similar to Unity but I will likely go with Unity for my engine choice.

Made a discovery towards this end.

https://www.world-machine.com/features.php

Some amazing stationary Simulators.

Back