Pre-fight Discussion UFC 296: Edwards vs. Covington Sat. Dec. 16 Early prelims 6:30pm ET ESPN+, Main card PPV 10pm ET

Planning to watch

• All of it

• Most of it

• Some of it

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think I just added some snow bud. This is the only one I have.

05LTF9P.gif

That's from 3 years ago.

That's a beaut bud <DCWhoa>

Hey @PurpleStorm check this out.

My bad. Thanks for spotting it. The espn web site gives me the times via my time zone and I forgot to adjust it to ET. I think i've got it correct now in the thread header.

Enjoy the fights!
I've made the same mistake when putting together weigh-in and pbp threads. The UFC website will show my local times and I have to remember to adjust to ET. Sometimes their Youtube page lists PT time first which really throws me off, lol.

Fight Nights are fun, but gotta love the many fights of consequence that a PPV brings! Some really interesting questions that we should be getting answers to:

• Can Shamil Gaziev announce himself as the next HW prospect to watch?
  • Is it going to be 12th ranked Tagir Ulanbekov or 15th ranked Cody Durden that notches their first win over a ranked opponent in a suddenly very deep Flyweight division?
  • How does King Casey rebound after the first loss of her career?
  • Will Irene Aldana put on the kind of performance that cements her position near the top of a wide open Women's Bantamweight division?
  • In a Featured Prelim that we are all anticipating to be fireworks on the feet, will 14th ranked Alonzo Menifield or 15th ranked Dustin Jacoby emerge victorious and make their case for a Top 10 match up?
  • Will Josh Emmett turn back the clock and show he still belongs at the top of the Featherweight division or will Bryce Mitchell use his smothering grappling to continue on his path to the top of the division and a chance to avenge is lone professional defeat to Ilia Topuria?
  • Can El Cucuy give one more performance that reminds us of why at one point he was the Boogeyman of the Lightweight Division or does Paddy get his biggest UFC victory to date?
  • Does Shavkat continue on his path of destruction and stake his claim for a title shot or does the Nicest Man in Combat Sports have one last championship run in him?
  • After showing unbelievable grit in a Fight of the Year contender to earn the Flyweight strap, can Alexandre Pantoja thrive in the chaos that is a Raw Dog Royval fight for a 2nd time?
  • In the main event, how will Leon's cardio and grappling hold up against the constant pressure of Colby? Can Colby safely close the distance as many times as it takes to get Leon down and keep him down?

What a way to close out an amazing year!

Last edited:
Thanks for the fun banter this fight week. Busy making new year travel plans. Look forward to settling down and watching what will be an awesome card, laying on a sofa. If you're free join us in the play by play discussion hosted by our brother from another mothership @Jackonfire. Please check his weigh in thread and the front page here for current updated info on the fights and for post-fight coverage. During and after the fights check the dawg's round by round scoring thread. Enjoy.

Anyone running too fast press pause a minute to breathe in and out. Right now grateful for breath, nature, sherfam all creatures great and small, organic / spiritual sedatives and The Ramones!

The Ramones I Wanna Be Sedated
I Wanna Be Sedated

Feel a bit sad that Shavkat is going to destroy the Nicest Man in MMA

Thanks Arqueto! Gotta get back to my desktop and do this up correct. Wishing you and your loved ones a happy holiday season filled with joy and blessings.

Thanks bud, straight back at you too. Hope the PurpleStorm clan has a great Christmas and New Year,

Why do these fights come on so late?

Thanks for the fun banter this fight week. Busy making new year travel plans. Look forward to settling down and watching what will be an awesome card, laying on a sofa. If you're free join us in the play by play discussion hosted by our brother from another mothership @Jackonfire. Please check his weigh in thread and the front page here for current updated info on the fights and for post-fight coverage. During and after the fights check the dawg's round by round scoring thread. Enjoy.

Anyone running too fast press pause a minute to breathe in and out. Right now grateful for breath, nature, sherfam all creatures great and small, organic / spiritual sedatives and The Ramones!

The Ramones I Wanna Be Sedated
I Wanna Be Sedated

Tis the season....

Sherdog_logo.png

I can't wait for the fights I'm looking forward to almost every fight.

I've got an interesting appetizer, my boy is in a wrestling tourney, his first official varsity matches. I think it's 16 man double elimination. He's second string at his weight and had been doing JV tourneys. but his school is big, varsity A is out of state, they put him and 5 other freshman in a local varsity tourney.
I've seen him wrestle so many times but never potentially against 18 year olds. He made weight, I'm nervous

Back