Real Boxing Gym - Las Vegas:

Thanks for the answer! That makes me feel a lot better as I thought he wanted to feed me to his fighers or something
you’re all good man. USA boxing gives an automatic 10k insurance coverage to any USA boxing members training or sparring in a USA boxing covered gym.

Hey Sinister,

I was actually training at Real Boxing with Coach Spade last Saturday. I really like the vibe of Real Boxing, but I feel intimidated with making it my main gym because I'm older (31) and am not looking to make boxing my main career. Will a hobbyist like have a place at Real Boxing or should I stick to the place that I'm at now? Fight Capital's head coach told me that he won't let me spar unless I become get a USA boxing card, so I'm not sure if I want to be there.

Anyone has a place at Real Boxing my guy.

Also you're not required to be registered with USA Boxing to spar at our gym.

Last edited:
you’re all good man. USA boxing gives an automatic 10k insurance coverage to any USA boxing members training or sparring in a USA boxing covered gym.

If the gym is registered, the fighters don't need to be. Fight Capital likely isnt. I was surprised to learn that quite a few Vegas gyms let their USA Boxing registration lapse.

Sorry this is a bit late, but my take on the Rolly vs. Barroso stoppage:

Anyone has a place at Real Boxing my guy.

Also you're bit required to be registered with USA Boxing to spar at our gym.
Thank you, Sinister. I'm really considering quitting Fight Capital and joining.

Thank you, Sinister. I'm really considering quitting Fight Capital and joining.

Come by and have a chat. I'm there from 4-8:30 Tuesday-Friday and 11-2 on Saturdays

Took you 7 minutes to say "Tony Weeks isn't corrupt, he just doesn't know shit about boxing"?

He doesnt know sh*t about Barroso. It's not easy to tell if awkward fighters are hurt or not. Naseem Hamed had this same problem. His movement made him look like he was getting killed when he got hit. But he was very famous so it didn't matter a ton.

Sinister,
since you are talking about Rolly who belongs to the latest generation ,
whom of Teofimo, Shakur Haney and Tank you think is the most talented and the most promising?
Many of these guys you must have seen coming up in the Vegas scene.
I would love to hear your opinion on this, if I don't put you in an awkward position.

I personally was very fond of Teofimo a couple of years back.
He didn't have any relationship with Floyd, but his style and reflexes were more similar to him than Tank's and Haney's.
He seemed more likely to become something special, but now he looks the worst of the bunch, and maybe Shakur the best?

Last edited:
Sinister,
whom of Teofimo, Shakur Haney and Tank you think is the most talented and the most promising?
I would love to hear your opinion on this, if I don't put you in an awkward position.

He didn't have any relationship with Floyd, but his style and reflexes were more similar to him than Tank's and Haney's.
He seemed more likely to become something special, but now he looks the worst of the bunch, and maybe Shakur the best?
Didn’t you make this exact same post last year or the year before that?

Sinister,

Shakur is the best I've seen in person. And I saw them all between the ages of 14-18 the first times. Shakur just absolutely tooled people..

Alex Martinssen of Norway just scored another win:

He doesnt know sh*t about Barroso. It's not easy to tell if awkward fighters are hurt or not. Naseem Hamed had this same problem. His movement made him look like he was getting killed when he got hit. But he was very famous so it didn't matter a ton.
What bothers me even more is the interview he gave after the fight. The guy basically said “Barroso is 40 years old so I was on my toes the whole time, looking for the first excuse to stop the fight”.

That’s not your fucking job as a referee to decide whether someone is too old to fight. If the Athletic Commission says someone can fight then he can fight. End of story.

You job is too stop the fight when a fighter can no longer defend himself intelligently, not give him a loss at the very first sign of trouble. I don’t care if the guy is old or young, Black or White, Democrat or Republican. That’s overstepping as fuck.

What bothers me even more is the interview he gave after the fight. The guy basically said “Barroso is 40 years old so I was on my toes the whole time, looking for the first excuse to stop the fight”.

That’s not your fucking job as a referee to decide whether someone is too old to fight. If the Athletic Commission says someone can fight then he can fight. End of story.

You job is too stop the fight when a fighter can no longer defend himself intelligently, not give him a loss at the very first sign of trouble. I don’t care if the guy is old or young, Black or White, Democrat or Republican. That’s overstepping as fuck.

I hear you, I just dont think that's coming from Weeks, specifically. Remember he works for the commission. I know some people down there and I'd be willing to wager they had reservations about clearing a 40 year-old relative unknown as a last minute replacement for what they feel is a very big puncher in Rolly. I'm not saying I agree with it at all because IMO it's their job to do their homework on the athletes, and this is what happens when they slack on that.

Btw:
Shakur is the best I've seen in person. And I saw them all between the ages of 14-18 the first times. Shakur just absolutely tooled people..

Shakur is probably the most technical LW, especially with the way he controls distance but let’s be honest: as of right now, nobody beats Tank. Don’t you agree?

Btw:

Shakur is probably the most technical LW, especially with the way he controls distance but let’s be honest: as of right now, nobody beats Tank. Don’t you agree?

I'm not sure, Tank isn't invulnerable. He does have mental lapses in the ring. However strategizing ways to capitalize on that is difficult even with a talent like Stevenson. It I was Shakur's coach I would say we COULD beat him, but itd be like 65/35 in his favor right this second.

Also Tank should act like Crawford doesnt exist and hope Bud never notices him, either.

I'm not sure, Tank isn't invulnerable. He does have mental lapses in the ring. However strategizing ways to capitalize on that is difficult even with a talent like Stevenson. It I was Shakur's coach I would say we COULD beat him, but itd be like 65/35 in his favor right this second.

Also Tank should act like Crawford doesnt exist and hope Bud never notices him, either.
65/35, thats some real talk from a coach. If he insisted would you allow him to take the shot? Or if he had doubts would you let him wait? Find this one highly interesting.

Think fighters go in there with a lot less expectancy. When do you push? When do you make them sharpen more?

Back