Economy Red Lobster closing more than 50 restaurants auctioning off furniture and equipment as it prepares to file for bankruptcy

Yes! What you are expressing is the exact kind of industry-change that these giants never, ever, seem to anticipate. With the invention of Doordash, UberEats, more competition sprung up. Now, those services have their own problems, but corporate giants tend to think they can force people to do what they want because everything needs to be profit-driven, as in how to I get as much money as I can out of any person I see. Not, how do I create a sustainable service that essentially never goes bankrupt. I see this in my own industry with Coaches. Fight coaches of all walks advertising that they offer the latest trend on social media. Flashy Mitt-work, dance-y footwork, etc. But what happens to you when your trends fade? You fade, too. I've oriented my own social media presence different because I dont want to encounter that.

But these fast food chains are just getting stupid. It's like they've come down to thinking the convenience of someone else making what you eat is enough, and they're taking every other aspect of it for granted. I'm not paying $30 for McNuggets and fries. I can make a smarter purchase for better food. I'm not paying that much just because it's a drive-through. Hell Dominoes isnt even this stupid, they still have pizzas for $5.99 for walk-in. 2 of those feeds me and all 3 of my boys if we're gonna eat junk.
Yeah its strange that pizza places have been somewhat reasonable. Papa Johns will do an 8.99 large for pickup with one topping and feed all of us. All of the major pizza chains seem to not have fallen into the same state as the burger places (Wendys, McDonalds, Burger King etc). I'm not sure the difference except pizza places quit having larger space where people can dine in thereby reducing staff and building costs (Pizza Hut used to be sit down). And yes... with delivery services like Uber Eats, Door Dash etc, ability to order online and pickup anywhere (Dont know many that get fast food for delivery as you pay so much then delivery fees)....people just have too many choices and the fast food kings largely havent caught on that this is potentially a major issue for them. When it was 15.00 to feed me and the boys that was a good deal and made it attractive. Will see how it turns out. Spot on points though.

Yeah its strange that pizza places have been somewhat reasonable. Papa Johns will do an 8.99 large for pickup with one topping and feed all of us. All of the major pizza chains seem to not have fallen into the same state as the burger places (Wendys, McDonalds, Burger King etc). I'm not sure the difference except pizza places quit having larger space where people can dine in thereby reducing staff and building costs (Pizza Hut used to be sit down). And yes... with delivery services like Uber Eats, Door Dash etc, ability to order online and pickup anywhere (Dont know many that get fast food for delivery as you pay so much then delivery fees)....people just have too many choices and the fast food kings largely havent caught on that this is potentially a major issue for them. When it was 15.00 to feed me and the boys that was a good deal and made it attractive. Will see how it turns out. Spot on points though.

Exactly. If you're going to hike prices a bit AND have dine-in, you cant cut quality and size (McDonald's did both for a good while). Judging from the tone or articles I'm reading now they're starting to catch on, but only after their sales fell off a cliff. In-N-Out will be fine because they're higher quality in food, and fast. And as we said earlier, I prefer a shift away from big chains. My memories of loving McDonald's as a kid was just a culmination of all the target marketing, the playgrounds and toys. Aside from the fries I dont remember being blown away by the taste of anything. I try to orient my boys on what better food actually is, even if they're stereotypically picky. My older Son will be fighting in Canada this year, the last thing I want is being up there and having to find a damn (insert corporate chain) so he'll actually eat. Much rather support local business and try something we dont normally see in the US.

I don't think I've ever been to a Red Lobster before but of late I have been eating a lot of fish. I'd probably enjoy the place. Hope they are able to figure out a way to remain open for many of their stores.

Exactly. If you're going to hike prices a bit AND have dine-in, you cant cut quality and size (McDonald's did both for a good while). Judging from the tone or articles I'm reading now they're starting to catch on, but only after their sales fell off a cliff. In-N-Out will be fine because they're higher quality in food, and fast. And as we said earlier, I prefer a shift away from big chains. My memories of loving McDonald's as a kid was just a culmination of all the target marketing, the playgrounds and toys. Aside from the fries I dont remember being blown away by the taste of anything. I try to orient my boys on what better food actually is, even if they're stereotypically picky. My older Son will be fighting in Canada this year, the last thing I want is being up there and having to find a damn (insert corporate chain) so he'll actually eat. Much rather support local business and try something we dont normally see in the US.
I think part of loving it was that it was only every once in a while (in my case). Growing up in the country, restaurants and fast food were not everyday. Everyone cooked. I try to cook for my boys constantly to prevent getting them too attached to anything like that. I also agree that local restaurants are miles ahead usually. Especially with technology showing you where the good spots are. Good luck to your boy. I'm sure dad is excited. The only thing fast in Canada I cant resist is anywhere that offers poutine. Literally devour that stuff.

Back