News Robelis Despaigne vs Waldo Cortes-Acosta set for UFC St. Louis on May 11

Who wins?

• Total voters
Not sure why they're putting 2 Potential Prospects against eachother when the division is so shallow.

Dominica vs Cuba. Good matchmaking if they want Despaigne fast tracked, which they obviously do.

I love it. Waldo is a solid step up but also highly unlikely to take it to the ground so a good slugfest while lasts. Not sure who I think wins but the UFC are clearly hoping to strike while the iron is hot with Despaigne who's no spring chicken

Why not!

Not sure why they're putting 2 Potential Prospects against eachother when the division is so shallow.
They are both pretty old. May as well find out who is better.

If Despaigne can't beat Cortes-Acosta then he isn't the prospect we hoped he is. If he can, he announces himself as a contender in only his second UFC fight.

Last edited:
They are both pretty old. May as well find out who is better.
I mean Waldo is 32 and Robelis is 36 which isn't TOO old for heavyweight.
Especially when 2 of the 4 best fighters at the top of heavyweight are nearly 40 or over 40 IMO.
I think they need all the potential prospects they can get lol.

I mean Waldo is 32 and Robelis is 36 which isn't TOO old for heavyweight.
Especially when 2 of the 4 best fighters at the top of heavyweight are nearly 40 or over 40 IMO.
I think they need all the potential prospects they can get lol.
I think they have already pegged Cortes-Acosta as a middling talent. This matchmaking is all about Despaigne IMO.

St. Louis will be completely shut down !
Hopefully Nelly is there

Back