Social Robert F Kennedy Jr on Rogan right now

Vote blue without a clue

giphy.gif

He's getting support from Republicans the same way some of the most extreme conservatives gained Liberal support. It's the hope a politician unelectable on the national stage either wins the nomination or ends up syphoning votes from the base.

I don't know what's going on with RFK, maybe he had a stroke. If you look at his history he seems to have done a lot of good, but these days he just seems insane.

He's always been insane. And he's getting support from GOP media because they want to divide the left. He gets support from morons on message boards because he gets support from the GOP media.

Big pharma owns too many politicians from both sides (arguably more on the right)

What does this mean? Seems to me that people are trying to frame anti-vaxism as "opposing Big Pharma" and having a sane view of vaccines as being "bought by Big Pharma." When it comes to issues that are actually related to "Big Pharma" interests, you do have a pretty clear partisan split, and it's in the opposite direction that the troll you're responding to was claiming.

He's always been insane. And he's getting support from GOP media because they want to divide the left. He gets support from morons on message boards because he gets support from the GOP media.

Has he?

I took a look at his resume and it looked pretty impressive, but I didn't look that close.

Party of censorship

"I've been censored by both the Trump Administrarion and the Biden Administration." - RFK Jr.

Also lol@Bret Weinstein, I enjoyed that episode of his podcast where he and his wife realize that he's popular with Nazis...and then she blames "wokeness" for that.

True. Based on your posts, I am assuming your an active voter, who generally votes democrat. If Biden were to not run, is there any dem with a big enough name that would be you're pick?

I'd rather not vote based on big names, but policies, and I'd rather not vote for yet another Neoliberal, someone who would have been a Republican 20-30 years ago who just doesnt outwardly hate LGBTQ+ so much.

I wouldnt decide on a candidate until I saw debates, and how they campaigned.

What does this mean? Seems to me that people are trying to frame anti-vaxism as "opposing Big Pharma" and having a sane view of vaccines as being "bought by Big Pharma." When it comes to issues that are actually related to "Big Pharma" interests, you do have a pretty clear partisan split, and it's in the opposite direction that the troll you're responding to was claiming.
My point has nothing to do with vaccines and is more about the effect of money in politics

More than two-thirds of Congress cashed a pharma campaign check in 2020, new STAT analysis shows

https://www.statnews.com/feature/prescription-politics/federal-full-data-set/

Also lol@Bret Weinstein, I enjoyed that episode of his podcast where he and his wife realize that he's popular with Nazis...and then she blames "wokeness" for that.
That was wild , the part where he describes the Nazification of his twitter feed was particularly enlightening.

That was wild , the part where he describes the Nazification of his twitter feed was particularly enlightening.

It's always cool to see cognitive dissonance in real time. To see one of these anti-woke grifters realize Nazis like them and have them eventually be like "well clearly that's someone else's fault."

he seems unhinged but it’s a shame that, as with most politicians and people in general, any good points they make get drowned out but the insane positions they also take.

"I've been censored by both the Trump Administrarion and the Biden Administration." - RFK Jr.

Popular with nazis? Isn’t he Jewish??

What do nazis like about him?

Popular with nazis? Isn’t he Jewish??

What do nazis like about him?

Check out the Podcast. I mean he very clearly says it himself.

Pharmaceutical companies donating to political campaigns doesn't mean that they control anything or "own politicians."

Wait, yes it does. All you need to do is take one look at the drug prices and policies, then compare them to the voting records of politicians, and then see which politicians take the most money from pharmaceutical companies and how often they vote either for further deregulation of them, or against further regulation of them.

You can also watch congressional hearings with these pharmaceutical companies and see their CEO's readily admit that they gouge Americans because they can, because there's no legal mechanism preventing them from doing so, and watch them tell politicians (who arent funded by them) that they wont commit to lowering prices.

Check out the Podcast. I mean he very clearly says it himself.

Wait, yes it does. All you need to do is take one look at the drug prices and policies, then compare them to the voting records of politicians, and then see which politicians take the most money from pharmaceutical companies and how often they vote either for further deregulation of them, or against further regulation of them.

You can also watch congressional hearings with these pharmaceutical companies and see their CEO's readily admit that they gouge Americans because they can, because there's no legal mechanism preventing them from doing so, and watch them tell politicians (who arent funded by them) that they wont commit to lowering prices.

cliffs notes?

Pharmaceutical companies donating to political campaigns doesn't mean that they control anything or "own politicians."

You and I have never agreed about the effects of money in politics

They aren't giving money to politicians out of the goodness of their hearts

In 2022, the pharmaceuticals and health products industry in the United States spent the most on lobbying efforts, totaling to about 373.74 million U.S. dollars. In the same year, the insurance industry spent about 158.45 million U.S. dollars on lobbying.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/257364/top-lobbying-industries-in-the-us/#:~:text=In 2022, the pharmaceuticals and,million U.S. dollars on lobbying.

They expect a return on their investments

And as an example no one from the pharmaceutical industry was held accountable for the opiate debacle in any meaningful way

When politicians act in ways that aren't supported by and go against what's best for their constituents I get suspicious.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luminous Knight
Back