Usyk is a generational GOAT

I said before this fight that if Usyk wins, he would have to get the #1P4P title and I stand by that. Based on merit and what he's done for the sport lately, I think you have to give Usyk the best P4P. And he is that in the truest sense of the word, seeing as he's been significantly outsized in all of his fights lately.
He has an argument for it but I'd probably still lean Inoue based on activity and sheer number of quality operators he's destroyed all while moving up through the weight divisions. The lighter weights that Inoue competes in don't have the type of name value that the heavyweights do (ieg., Fury & Joshua) so they're usually overlooked. As a result I think that if he hadn't been absolutely obliterating them he'd largely be ignored as a P4P king candidate.

Might be the best boxer of the last 30 years over Floyd.

Floyd cherry picked his way to 50-0. Usyk fought everybody in their primes.

Lolwut ? Floyd did 4.6 million PPV. Usyk’s a helluva fighter and I tip my hat off to him but he never made the kind of investments Floyd made.

Floyd’s the clear No.1, you fanboi.

Years ago I thought we would see Fury vs Joshua for the Undisputed HW strap...

Never did we think that someone from a lower weight class would climb out of nowhere and claim that title (possibly even permanently).

Kind of wished for Dillian Whyte vs AJ for the undisputed strap since that would have been an amazing fight (the first one was a banger) but we get what we get :x

There is one thing Usyk has over Floyd though and it's a speed/agility/reactions disadvantage. Floyd for all intents and purposes had reflexes better than a cat compared to all of his opponents who in comparison move slower than molasses

Lolwut ? Floyd did 4.6 million PPV. Usyk’s a helluva fighter and I tip my hat off to him but he never made the kind of investments Floyd made.

weak argumentation
Some of those PPV mills he made fighting the likes of Conor McG

Years ago I thought we would see Fury vs Joshua for the Undisputed HW strap...

Never did we think that someone from a lower weight class would climb out of nowhere and claim that title (possibly even permanently).

Kind of wished for Dillian Whyte vs AJ for the undisputed strap since that would have been an amazing fight (the first one was a banger) but we get what we get :x

There is one thing Usyk has over Floyd though and it's a speed/agility/reactions disadvantage. Floyd for all intents and purposes had reflexes better than a cat compared to all of his opponents who in comparison move slower than molasses
Usyk didn't just come out of nowhere from the lower weight class. He was undisputed champion at cruiserweight.

As far as his speed, agility, and reactions/reflexes they're among the best at heavyweight. Let's remember that he's 37 years old and had to bulk up just to compete with the big boys. He was quicker and more agile at cruiserweight which is his natural division. You mention a cat but Usyk's nickname is literally 'The Cat' and he didn't choose that himself. That nickname was given to him. Mike Tyson thinks he's got good speed, when he fully utilizes it, and mentioned it as one of his best attributes.

And it was completely one sided when gassiev looked like a world beater. That is the one and only fight I’ve ever backed against Usyk. I’m still embarrassed about it now!
nothing to be embarrassed about, gassiev looked like a machine up to that point. even the fight was pretty even for the first 6 rounds or so... then usyk did what he always does, figured his man out and beat the living piss out of him. that was a masterclass in boxing.

And it was completely one sided when gassiev looked like a world beater. That is the one and only fight I’ve ever backed against Usyk. I’m still embarrassed about it now!
The only time I've ever picked against Usyk was going into the first AJ fight. Many thought he'd get KO'd. After struggling with Chisora it looked like heavyweight was a bridge too far. He just hadn't gotten acclimated to it yet. Now that he's settled into it he looks fine even if he is very undersized compared to the giants in the division.

The fuck he would lmao

does he even crack top 10 HW all time? Gotta get there first. Cruiserweight is a notoriously shallow divsion. He's probably top 5 there all time. He's not even a top 10 heavyweight all time, let alone top 10 boxer all time. This is some major glazing ITT
"The fuck he would lmao"

Usyk actually has a strong case to be considered one of the top 10 greatest boxers of all time. Reason being ? He has surpassed Evander Holyfield. (Usyk is the best cruiser ever and he became undisputed in what was at the time, the "golden era" of cruisers).

You say:
"Cruiserweight is a notoriously shallow divsion"

It's actually underrated and overlooked compared to the heavyweight and lower weight classes. It's not only stacked with talent, it has also produced remarkable fighters. (David Haye, Jai Opetaia, Jean Marc Mormeck, Evander Holyfield, Mairis Briedis, Johnny Nelson, Steve Cunningham to name a few), If i follow your logic, then you're forced to admit that the heavyweight division is extremely overrated since both ex cruisers, (Holyfield and Usyk) moved up to the heavyweight ranks and captured world titles there as well. Better yet they became "undisputed".

You also have to consider some of the challenges these guys have to overcome. For ex, David Haye weighed in at 217 lbs (98.4 kg), while Nikolai Valuev weighed a massive 316 lbs (143.3 kg) for their heavyweight title fight in 2009. This meant there was a staggering weight difference of 99 lbs (44.9 kg) between the two fighters.

Fury has a 6-inch (15cm) height advantage as well as a longer reach of around 7 inches (18cm) compared to Usyk. No other champion of any weight class is forced to deal with such weight and size disparities. That only happens once you move up to the HW division. (Because there's no super-heavy weight division).

In short, Usyk's career is nothing short of phenomenal.
And what he recently did has only been done by Holyfield. that's it.

Quick recap:
- heavyweight gold medal at the 2012 London Olympics, defeating opponents like Beterbiev, Pulev, and Russo.
- undisputed heavyweight champion
- undisputed cruiserweight champion
( the only two boxers in history to have won undisputed at both cruiserweight and heavyweight)

- Winning all his world titles on the road, often in his opponents' hometowns (that's often overlooked)
- won the Muhammad Ali Trophy in 2018 after winning the inaugural World Boxing Super Series cruiserweight tournament.
( The Ali Trophy is a special prize awarded to the winners of the World Boxing Super Series tournaments.)

- Compiled an impressive amateur record of 335 wins out of 350 bouts
- became a professional world champion, just three years after making his pro debut.

With all that said, TOP 10, TOP 20 , TOP 50 best ever, regardless where you'd rank him (and i guess there's a part of subjectivity involved), you're forced to reconsider where you'd also rank Holyfield.

"The fuck he would lmao"

Usyk actually has a strong case to be considered one of the top 10 greatest boxers of all time. Reason being ? He has surpassed Evander Holyfield. (Usyk is the best cruiser ever and he became undisputed in what was at the time, the "golden era" of cruisers).

You say:
"Cruiserweight is a notoriously shallow divsion"

It's actually underrated and overlooked compared to the heavyweight and lower weight classes. It's not only stacked with talent, it has also produced remarkable fighters. (David Haye, Jai Opetaia, Jean Marc Mormeck, Evander Holyfield, Mairis Briedis, Johnny Nelson, Steve Cunningham to name a few), If i follow your logic, then you're forced to admit that the heavyweight division is extremely overrated since both ex cruisers, (Holyfield and Usyk) moved up to the heavyweight ranks and captured world titles there as well. Better yet they became "undisputed".

You also have to consider some of the challenges these guys have to overcome. For ex, David Haye weighed in at 217 lbs (98.4 kg), while Nikolai Valuev weighed a massive 316 lbs (143.3 kg) for their heavyweight title fight in 2009. This meant there was a staggering weight difference of 99 lbs (44.9 kg) between the two fighters.

Fury has a 6-inch (15cm) height advantage as well as a longer reach of around 7 inches (18cm) compared to Usyk. No other champion of any weight class is forced to deal with such weight and size disparities. That only happens once you move up to the HW division. (Because there's no super-heavy weight division).

In short, Usyk's career is nothing short of phenomenal.
And what he recently did has only been done by Holyfield. that's it.

Quick recap:
- heavyweight gold medal at the 2012 London Olympics, defeating opponents like Beterbiev, Pulev, and Russo.
- undisputed heavyweight champion
- undisputed cruiserweight champion
( the only two boxers in history to have won undisputed at both cruiserweight and heavyweight)

- Winning all his world titles on the road, often in his opponents' hometowns (that's often overlooked)
- won the Muhammad Ali Trophy in 2018 after winning the inaugural World Boxing Super Series cruiserweight tournament.
( The Ali Trophy is a special prize awarded to the winners of the World Boxing Super Series tournaments.)

- Compiled an impressive amateur record of 335 wins out of 350 bouts
- became a professional world champion, just three years after making his pro debut.

With all that said, TOP 10, TOP 20 , TOP 50 best ever, regardless where you'd rank him (and i guess there's a part of subjectivity involved), you're forced to reconsider where you'd also rank Holyfield.
You left a couple achievements of his out. As an amateur he also won the Worlds (World Championships) in Baku in 2011 (also a 2009 bronze medal at the Worlds). As a pro, in addition to winning the Super Series and becoming undisputed at cruiser, he was voted 2018 Fighter of the Year.

Last edited:
Dude I've been watching his fights since he went up to hw. He is not the same fighter at all that he was at cw. Even the fights he won, the power is there but he's super slow and plodding. I don't know what happened to him
He isn't the same anymore. Usyk then had Gassiev in his physical prime shape, undefeated and very dangerous. Def with more 1 punch power than Wallin, Cunningham and Fury.

Later he get some dumb injuries in training, looks that cos weightlifting ... then he had long rehab period before was able to start train again.
Then ofc also opinion that he needs move up to HW most likely was because after rehab Gassiev was too slow for CW division top fights....

I also think Floyd is overall better than Usuk, but why are you mentioning PPV sales and investments? Is McGregor better ATG than Sugar Ray Robinson because he made more money?

Last edited:
Then CW division was stacked with durable fighters in their physical prime. Therefore Usyk also had low stoppage wins %.
Hunter then was undefeated prospect in physical prime...remember that later Povetkin wasn't able to stop Hunter who appeared does have better chin than Whyte...and Pov hits like truck if manages to land properly...

Then this Glovacki was Then undefeated in pro ranks and his chin then appeared enough durable that he managed to survive beatings from Huck and catched Huck+battered Huck till he almost was out of the ring.

Gassiev Then appeared too durable for Dorticos ....Dorticos does hit very hard. It is like he might weight in at 199 lbs and to be 209 lbs in the ring but really hits like some 225 lber....

Usyk didn't had stopped Briedis, while no one had stopped him thus far....no one, and he does have gas tank for 15 or more rounds and usually is better In last rounds....so better to be safe and collect points on cards ...

Gassiev then really was damn dangerous cos he punches body well. He was able to deal with Dorticos only cos liver had slowed Dorticos down and Gas get opportunity to batter his head properly.

Ha some boxing experts on here were saying many years back that they couldn't see anything special about Usyk and he wouldn't amount to anything at HW. But we told you! And at last that day has come. Best HW on the planet, of this era.

Imagine if Usyk was American and not from an ex-Soviet nation? A white HW American who is the best of his era? He'd make what Floyd earned look like chump change.

If Fury wasn't higher than Floyd before this fight then Usyk isn't afterwards either.
That's ignoring that Usyk is not a natural HW, he's a blown-up cruiser. If Floyd went and beat up Golovkin, that fight would be worth a lot more than any other fight he had and rightly so.

Back