What are you playing? v.10 (Red Falcon Edition)

Your Super Contra gun of choice?

• Machine gun (Highest ROF, 6-bullet on-screen cap)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Looking for my fellow gaming brethren to recommend me a couple of games worthy of a purchase on PS5. Last ones I picked up were UFC 5, Spiderman 2 and Mortal Kombat 1.

I havent tried the new and improved Cyberpunk yet and I haven't tried anything more recent like BG3. I play pretty much anything, work has been stressful so looking to dive into something fun and/or interesting.

Started Yakuza 0 and Golf with your friends.

Yakuza 0 I am not very far yet as I got side tracked this weekend and so far not a fan of the combat and lack of English dub but I hear it gets better later on.

Golf with your friends is a tight little mini putt game fun with friends or solo as it's not like a trad. mini golf game. You can jump the ball, score the ball/Puck and shoot it like a basketball in various game modes. The courses are pretty tough to and the learning curve is pretty difficult for what is a party/family game.
Yakuza 0 gets better and better as you play it if you can handle the dialogue. If you haven't played a Yakuza game before it's the best place to start.

Looking for my fellow gaming brethren to recommend me a couple of games worthy of a purchase on PS5. Last ones I picked up were UFC 5, Spiderman 2 and Mortal Kombat 1.

I havent tried the new and improved Cyberpunk yet and I haven't tried anything more recent like BG3. I play pretty much anything, work has been stressful so looking to dive into something fun and/or interesting.

BG3 would be my go to without question. If not that Cyberpunk.

Reactions: hsz
AC:Mirage

AC is a franchise I’ve always liked but when devs said they wanted to keep this game in the vein of 1-2 they weren’t lying. Feels like a large Valhalla/Oddesy dlc. Very little customization,mounts not really needed (you can pretty much fast travel anywhere on this tiny map). I’m at %70 completion and I’m wondering when this game starts. I have about %95 of collectibles already, every enigma solved..blah blah. You have to progress in the story line to grab all collectibles ( which is not how I roll). Your collectible/enigma gathering consist primarily of going out in the middle of nowhere and just picking it up (with little to no action). Lazy storytelling at best. I mean the Tigris and Euphrates are all around you surrounded by ports,could have at least added some ship warfare or something to beef it up. Enemy mechanics on hard are super easy also. Spearman and hammer weilders all have the same lazy swing that can ALWAYS be avoided with a simple back step. Cut/kill scenes are lacking and boring. The “premium” weapons poison/fire/thunder swords/daggers are just meh (there are better weapons you can get in game). Basim is admittedly not a a “warrior” like they state, he gasses after a few swings. (Probably the worst out of all the AC characters) when he’s surrounded he tends to get his shit pushed in. Big groups are easily defeated though,one smoke bomb you can assasinate about 4 guys in one go. This game is definitely focused on the assassin/theif aspect of gameplay,so if you’re looking for awesome battles this isn’t it. The beauty of Baghdad back in the day is awesome, but you spend about %90 of your time there,so it gets stale real quick. 5 out of 10 easily forgettable AC game much like syndicate. Would pay around $10-$15 for this on sale.

Yakuza:Gaiden and Infite Wealth pre ordered and in the cue next.

AC:Mirage

AC is a franchise I’ve always liked but when devs said they wanted to keep this game in the vein of 1-2 they weren’t lying. Feels like a large Valhalla/Oddesy dlc. Very little customization,mounts not really needed (you can pretty much fast travel anywhere on this tiny map). I’m at %70 completion and I’m wondering when this game starts. I have about %95 of collectibles already, every enigma solved..blah blah. You have to progress in the story line to grab all collectibles ( which is not how I roll). Your collectible/enigma gathering consist primarily of going out in the middle of nowhere and just picking it up (with little to no action). Lazy storytelling at best. I mean the Tigris and Euphrates are all around you surrounded by ports,could have at least added some ship warfare or something to beef it up. Enemy mechanics on hard are super easy also. Spearman and hammer weilders all have the same lazy swing that can ALWAYS be avoided with a simple back step. Cut/kill scenes are lacking and boring. The “premium” weapons poison/fire/thunder swords/daggers are just meh (there are better weapons you can get in game). Basim is admittedly not a a “warrior” like they state, he gasses after a few swings. (Probably the worst out of all the AC characters) when he’s surrounded he tends to get his shit pushed in. Big groups are easily defeated though,one smoke bomb you can assasinate about 4 guys in one go. This game is definitely focused on the assassin/theif aspect of gameplay,so if you’re looking for awesome battles this isn’t it. The beauty of Baghdad back in the day is awesome, but you spend about %90 of your time there,so it gets stale real quick. 5 out of 10 easily forgettable AC game much like syndicate. Would pay around $10-$15 for this on sale.
It feels like they put that out to test the appetite for a more "traditional" stealth action AC game, since they always get those complaints about the newer titles, despite them selling like crazy. Given the reception, I think they'll be sticking with the RPG formula.

Just about finishing up my run on Yakuza: Like a Dragon. Beat the game and finished up the Final Millennium Tower and unlocked the True Tower.

The grind is real in this game. Had done some grinding of weapons and levels just for the first tower, and did some more to try and attempt the True version. When you attempt to enter it tells you the recommended level is 99 and 90 job level. Thought I'd give it a whirl at level 78. Opened the lobby, start first encounter, robot targets Kasuga but pull off perfect block, dead. With perfect block it still hit for 1300ish and I had just shy of 1000.

Went and did a bunch of level/job/weapon grinding and made another attempt at 88 thinking 10 levels would make a difference with everyone having their Ex weapons at +5. Engage robots, targets Eri who had 1200ish health, perfect block, dead. Perfect block with Kasuga and he's left with a sliver of life. They're weak to lighting damage and was hoping I could stun lock them with lighting spells, but was only able to get off 2 attacks before they broke through the stun and smashed me.

I wish the last tower was more accessible and you could start earlier and need to be maxed by the boss. To be maxed just to enter seems a bit over the top. Read that finishing the tower just yields money which seems silly since you would likely have had leveled up all of the weapons and probably not in much need of 100mil yen.

Overall had a blast with the game though. Really loved the old school JRPG feel with modern graphics and storytelling.

Just about finishing up my run on Yakuza: Like a Dragon. Beat the game and finished up the Final Millennium Tower and unlocked the True Tower.

The grind is real in this game. Had done some grinding of weapons and levels just for the first tower, and did some more to try and attempt the True version. When you attempt to enter it tells you the recommended level is 99 and 90 job level. Thought I'd give it a whirl at level 78. Opened the lobby, start first encounter, robot targets Kasuga but pull off perfect block, dead. With perfect block it still hit for 1300ish and I had just shy of 1000.

Went and did a bunch of level/job/weapon grinding and made another attempt at 88 thinking 10 levels would make a difference with everyone having their Ex weapons at +5. Engage robots, targets Eri who had 1200ish health, perfect block, dead. Perfect block with Kasuga and he's left with a sliver of life. They're weak to lighting damage and was hoping I could stun lock them with lighting spells, but was only able to get off 2 attacks before they broke through the stun and smashed me.

I wish the last tower was more accessible and you could start earlier and need to be maxed by the boss. To be maxed just to enter seems a bit over the top. Read that finishing the tower just yields money which seems silly since you would likely have had leveled up all of the weapons and probably not in much need of 100mil yen.

Overall had a blast with the game though. Really loved the old school JRPG feel with modern graphics and storytelling.

Agreed and at least grinding can be fun in Yakuza. Dragon was great and trophies weren’t unobtainable. My gripe with them is on the Yakuza:Ishin game to receive %100 completion you have to craft/smith 99 weapons with seals. Which entails crafting with crappy weapons ad nausea. If you don’t get the weapons you’re aiming for,reset the game,rinse and repeat. After spending hours I crafted two and said screw this. And that’s the only strat to craft them. If you like your sanity or just have to get that %100 completion,I would never finish that. (shame to because I like that game).

Agreed and at least grinding can be fun in Yakuza. Dragon was great and trophies weren’t unobtainable. My gripe with them is on the Yakuza:Ishin game to receive %100 completion you have to craft/smith 99 weapons with seals. Which entails crafting with crappy weapons ad nausea. If you don’t get the weapons you’re aiming for,reset the game,rinse and repeat. After spending hours I crafted two and said screw this. And that’s the only strat to craft them. If you like your sanity or just have to get that %100 completion,I would never finish that. (shame to because I like that game).
Yeah, I'm not a completionist. I don't mind grinding, but a max level grind just to take on the final dungeon just seems a bit much. If I didn't have a huge backlog I'd probably push through, but need to move on and try to clear more and start FF VII with a clean slate.

Returnal is proof Sony could make a good Metroid game. Nintendo should give the Metroid rights to Sony so they can make Metroid Prime 4. Fuck it.

Returnal is proof Sony could make a good Metroid game. Nintendo should give the Metroid rights to Sony so they can make Metroid Prime 4. Fuck it.

Really is a great game. I went back to it not long ago and cleared it again. I'm still missing like 2 sun disc or whatever those things are called.

Really is a great game. I went back to it not long ago and cleared it again. I'm still missing like 2 sun disc or whatever those things are called.
Definitely one of the best roguelites that I’ve played. The game kicked my ass and it’s tough but not unfair.

Definitely one of the best roguelites that I’ve played. The game kicked my ass and it’s tough but not unfair.

100%. I actually hate rogue like games. So for this game to get me is a big deal. I would die and felt like not playing anymore but the second I started fighting again it would pull me right back in.

I did the Millennium Tower only recently, and I grinded hours to do it. It was easy but the prep was really tedious.

My characters go from lvl90 to 99 but aside from Ichibans Hero class, jobs are in their thirties.

Sick to death of running the same dungeon levels for Vagrants, so I'm giving it a miss.

Yakuza 0 gets better and better as you play it if you can handle the dialogue. If you haven't played a Yakuza game before it's the best place to start.

Platinumed Yakuza Like a Dragon, but I guess that doesn't count.

Essence of wall of text.

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Right around 30 hours in, and all in all, I think this is UBI's best AC game, but it takes quite a while to appreciate, which might be good or bad, depending on who you are. For the first 15 hours or so, it seems aimless and gigantic, with no real "loop" to hook you. I was ten hours in before some very key gameplay elements were introduced. It's probably the longest tutorial I've ever played, and the game still hasn't revealed everything. Once all the pieces start falling into place and you get into a groove, the game just keeps on giving, and introduces more and more things to keep it fresh and interesting, like a true RPG should.

Without going into too much detail, I'll just say that it feels like "Odyssey", but has better design for an open world RPG. Even though "AC:O" was great, it felt streamlined, like you were just checking never ending boxes to clean up the map. This game has a lot more freedom in how you tackle things. It leaves it's main story kind of open, and doesn't funnel you towards it with the traditional "beat some side-missions to grind, and then when they're wiped out in region, you're good to tackle the next big story piece". This game doesn't really guide you down that familiar path and you can pretty much do what you want.

Only complaint would be that it still has certain signature AC restrictions and spells them out, so you're still kind of on a string, albeit less so than previous titles. I don't know if it's a game design problem, as we all learn what areas not to fuck around with by just exploring in most of these types of games, but there is just something about the game letting you know in advance where you can and can't go, what missions are too hard, etc, that feels artificial.

They're so damn close to making something special. There's elements of "Dark Souls", "The Witcher", and "Skyrim" all infused into these games, but they haven't quite stuck the landing. This is the closest they've come so far, though. Loving it.

Dark Souls 2 SOTFS

Well I pretty much agree with everything I've ever read on this game good and bad. Does it get too much hate? Yes it's a great game that I almost didn't play because of the negative stuff I've read about it. That being said...

Hitboxes are terrible
Lock-on is terrible
ADP stat is stupid
No iframes during fog walls is stupid
Bosses are easy and boring
Human Effigy crap
Gank enemies constantly
Branches of yore being limited
Invasions

Im sure I'm forgetting at least a dozen things.

Dark Souls 2 SOTFS

Well I pretty much agree with everything I've ever read on this game good and bad. Does it get too much hate? Yes it's a great game that I almost didn't play because of the negative stuff I've read about it. That being said...

Hitboxes are terrible
Lock-on is terrible
ADP stat is stupid
No iframes during fog walls is stupid
Bosses are easy and boring
Human Effigy crap
Gank enemies comstantly
Branches of yore being limited
Invasions

Im sure I'm forgetting at least a dozen things.
Where you at?

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Right around 30 hours in, and all in all, I think this is UBI's best AC game, but it takes quite a while to appreciate, which might be good or bad, depending on who you are. For the first 15 hours or so, it seems aimless and gigantic, with no real "loop" to hook you. I was ten hours in before some very key gameplay elements were introduced. It's probably the longest tutorial I've ever played, and the game still hasn't revealed everything. Once all the pieces start falling into place and you get into a groove, the game just keeps on giving and introduces more and more things to keep it fresh and interesting, as a true RPG should.

Without going into too much detail, I'll just say that it feels like "Odyssey", but has better design for an open-world RPG. Even though "AC:O" was great, it felt streamlined, like you were just checking never-ending boxes to clean up the map. This game has a lot more freedom in how you tackle things. It leaves its main story kind of open, and doesn't funnel you towards it with the traditional "beat some side-missions to grind, and then when they're wiped out in the region, you're good to tackle the next big story piece". This game doesn't guide you down that familiar path and you can pretty much do what you want.

My only complaint would be that it still has certain signature AC restrictions and spells them out, so you're still kind of on a string, albeit less so than previous titles. I don't know if it's a game design problem, as we all learn what areas not to fuck around with by just exploring in most of these types of games, but there is just something about the game letting you know in advance where you can and can't go, what missions are too hard, etc, that feels artificial.

They're so damn close to making something special. There are elements of "Dark Souls", "The Witcher", and "Skyrim" all infused into these games, but they haven't quite stuck the landing. This is the closest they've come so far, though. Loving it.
I also enjoyed Valhalla over Odyssey. Thought I was crazy. Odyssey was better for pretty screen shots but that was about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luminous Knight
Back