Rumored What next?

PBAC

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Outside of the rematch for Usyk we have Parker. Arslanbek looked like he's being lined up for a money grab but struggling. Joshua is back in the running with 2 nos and 1 yes is still yes.

Biggest super fight at HW is Joshua v Fury and the trajectory right now makes this doable.

Agit is floating around in the middle claiming a recent victory over someone bumped ahead due to foresaid money reasons. In fairness to Arslanbek that was a pretty big leap up the charts.

Why in the absolute fuck are you even mentioning Arslanbek. Kabayel destroyed him and sent him back to regional non televised Canada cards.

Next is obviously the contracted rematch in October. If Fury for whatever reason fails to show up they'll have Zhang vs Wilder winner as back up opponent for Usyk.

Why in the absolute fuck are you even mentioning Arslanbek. Kabayel destroyed him and sent him back to regional non televised Canada cards.

Next is obviously the contracted rematch in October. If Fury for whatever reason fails to show up they'll have Zhang vs Wilder winner as back up opponent for Usyk.
no reason I can think of. No promotional value in that fight at all. Just think they are Russin him a to prevent em Crimeanariver.

Theres potential for Fury, Usyk, or both to retire. Any of which would drastically change the dynamic of the division. The best fight that can be made irrespective of that would be AJ vs the Wilder-Zhang winner, which would ideally be Zhang since Wilder is allergic to making negotiations work.

Parker clowned Wilder and then won a close one over Zhang, he deserves a shot.

Wouldn't blame Usyk for having a break or even retiring since he has reached the pinnacle. In which case Fury v AJ will surely happen.

Wouldn't blame Usyk for having a break or even retiring since he has reached the pinnacle. In which case Fury v AJ will surely happen.
In the end Usyk will do whatever the Eeyore toy decides.

LmpwZw

Usyk and Fury will both probably take the huge piles of money offered to them for a rematch.
(Especially with the first fight being highly competitive enough so that you could sell the realistic possibility of a different outcome in a rematch)

After that with Usyk 37 and not getting younger, I don't see why he would be excited to fight for a huge pay cut.

IF Fury takes the rematch, let's say for the sake of argument, Joshua wins in September and Fury avenges Usyk in October, then AJ vs Fury for all the belts would sell out Wembley and generate some absurd money.

Aside from that scenario I could see both guys hanging it up after the rematch.
How could you go from this 8 figure payday to fighting some fucking run of the mill mandatory? I don't see that happening. Both these guys have fuck you money now.

Usyk and Fury will both probably take the huge piles of money offered to them for a rematch.
(Especially with the first fight being highly competitive enough so that you could sell the realistic possibility of a different outcome in a rematch)

After that with Usyk 37 and not getting younger, I don't see why he would be excited to fight for a huge pay cut.

IF Fury takes the rematch, let's say for the sake of argument, Joshua wins in September and Fury avenges Usyk in October, then AJ vs Fury for all the belts would sell out Wembley and generate some absurd money.

Aside from that scenario I could see both guys hanging it up after the rematch.
How could you go from this 8 figure payday to fighting some fucking run of the mill mandatory? I don't see that happening. Both these guys have fuck you money now.
Yeah if Fury loses to Usyk could see both retiring although would probably still be a massive fight with AJ for him.

Yeah if Fury loses to Usyk could see both retiring although would probably still be a massive fight with AJ for him.

Aj vs Fury for no belts or one of the multiple belts Usyk vacated would be big.

AJ on a 5 fight win streak vs Tyson as UNIFIED HW champ with * all the belts on the line, is pretty much guaranteed to be the biggest gate in boxing history.

*all implies that by some miracle none of the alphabet bodies fuck it up by stripping a belt away because a guy won't take a 10mil+ pay cut to fight a mandatory.

Back