What was the most historic thing you witnessed in person or took part in?

"Participating in 9/11" would not be my choice of words, maybe "personally experienced"

... unless you...you know...
What if I got a pass on a full-size tube of toothpaste?

Watching the twin towers fall
As in... in person?

A guy I went to school with and played baseball/basketball with made it out of floor 82 or so. Basically ran out in a dust cloud as the towers collapsed so he said.

I was at Woodstock 99.
I believe @StonedLemur was there as well.

I also went to Phish New Years Eve 99/00 at Big Cypress.

Both were quite fun.
______

I was at Yankee Stadium when Aaron Judge hit home run #60. My friend left early and I occasionally rub it in that he left and missed that.

Watched The Challenger disaster live on TV in the second grade.

Didn't see the towers fall but saw the smoke plumes from a construction site in New Jersey on 9/11.

You were at those games?
Yeah.
WS tickets were corporate seats from my aunt who worked for Zurich Insurance (were Blue Jays' insurer at the time).
The Sabres tix we (brother & friends) bought because they were dirt cheap compared to seeing a game in Toronto, even with the exchange rate.

As in... in person?

A guy I went to school with and played baseball/basketball with made it out of floor 82 or so. Basically ran out in a dust cloud as the towers collapsed so he said.

I was at Woodstock 99.
I believe @StonedLemur was there as well.

I also went to Phish New Years Eve 99/00 at Big Cypress.

Both were quite fun.
______

I was at Yankee Stadium when Aaron Judge hit home run #60. My friend left early and I occasionally rub it in that he left and missed that.

I was pretty far but the height of the building I was in and direction I was facing gave me a direct line of sight to the whole thing.

Seeing a behemoth on the skyline disappear in never ending smoke is something I will never forget much less the loss of safety and security we felt at that time.

Watched The Challenger disaster live on TV in the second grade.

Didn't see the towers fall but saw the smoke plumes from a construction site in New Jersey on 9/11.
Yeah I remember watching that sitting Indian Style in school at watched the Challenger Disaster and it was wild....I didn't really grasp what was happening but my teacher instantly started crying and then we figured out just what we witnessed.

Yeah I remember watching that sitting Indian Style in school at watched the Challenger Disaster and it was wild....I didn't really grasp what was happening but my teacher instantly started crying and then we figured out just what we witnessed.

It’s not Indian style it’s criss cross apple sauce jk ;)

Was on a bus that just missed the IRA mortar bomb attacks at Heathrow airport.

Left Harrods in London shortly before a car bomb exploded in 1983 .

Watching in 1999 the last solar eclipse with my father. What surprised me was how cold it got . Dumb not to realise it would be.

There's a few others , I'll post when I've thought about it.

Last edited:
Was at same show TS. Downsview. Insane! My good buddy won VIP tickets from a 24 of Canadian and luckily he invited me. View wasn't the greatest, but we had our own food, booze, toilets, water supply.

And you're right AC/DC blew the city down, they were unreal. So good the Stones seemed like tomato cans right afterwards. Bad showing by Mick and the boys compounded by an insanely good one by AC/DC.

I watched the OJ chase on live TV.
I came home from school that day, flipped on the tv and CNN was on. Old man watching news night before. It was live prime time of OJ on the freeway baby. What an insane event followed by a 2 year circus of absurdity.

Back