Why doesn't Dana want Jones vs. Pereira?

Probably took me too long but I've come to the conclusion that Pereira fans are not MMA fans.

Probably took me too long but I've come to the conclusion that Pereira fans are not MMA fans.

Yeah the guy with the Pereira avatar barges in & tries to leapfrog Pereira to a HW title shot over not only Stipe but the interim champion Aspinall, give me a break lmao. <lmao>

Jones would most likely derail all of the hype and attention Pereira is currently getting…

Pereira is hot right now, no reason to ruin that by putting him in a bout he would most likely lose before using his popularity to sell some tickets with some other matchups.

Jones doesn't want to fight Aspinal or Pereira.

Dana has to give Jones the only fight he will accept otherwise he retires.

Yeah the guy with the Pereira avatar barges in & tries to leapfrog Pereira to a HW title shot over not only Stipe but the interim champion Aspinall, give me a break lmao. <lmao>
Its Insanity man. What do we gain from seeing this fight as MMA fans lol the writing is on the wall would be by far Jones's easiest fight likely subs him faster than Gane. Only a massive Pereira sexual would want this.

I knew something was wrong with these motherfuckers when they would rather watch Jiri 2 than watch Pereira face a matchup that could significantly improve his MMA legacy.

Jones would most likely derail all of the hype and attention Pereira is currently getting…

Pereira is hot right now, no reason to ruin that by putting him in a bout he would most likely lose before using his popularity to sell some tickets with some other matchups.
Izzy already flatlined him. Then he moved up a division and the fans still support him.

A Jones loss or bad performance won't do much to his popularity but a win or a good performance would increase his popularity.

Blaydes is going to knock Tom the fuck out and then all this Tom hype is gonna be done. OVER

Are people then going to crown Blaydes as the guy to beat Jon?
It's heavyweight, so anything can happen, but I don't see Blaydes knocking Tom out. Taking him down and landing some solid shots to get a stoppage, sure.

Blaydes is a bad matchup on paper for Jon. His kryptonite seems to be power punching and Jon has almost no power in his hands. Smart money is still on Jones pulling it off.

I don't wanna see it. It would be anticlimatic like Jones vs anyone who can't wrestle.

I actually agree with @Iroh about Pereira tactically negotiating around them wrestlers. Im just enjoying his reign because im a huge fan and been following him since long before UFC. STAY the fuck away from Jones though.

Does everybody think Alex has no chance at all? What if he wins? UFC has a mega star who fights like 3 times a year
Everybody has a chance. Obviously, Pereira hits a ton and could starch Jones, but if that fight hits the ground, which it likely would, his chances move to near 0%.

White doesn't want Pereira's career ended

tumblr_inline_ohpzr6tlkr1rp7srs_500.gif

I'll take Alex over Stipe, but definitely not over Aspinall.

Does everybody think Alex has no chance at all? What if he wins? UFC has a mega star who fights like 3 times a year

Alex does have no chance at all. What's his path to victory? No one's been able to KO (or even rock) Jones, and Alex isn't winning on the ground or by decision.

Pereira would get humiliated. He is their current rising star. That can't happen.

The issue is stylisticaly Jones is a nightmare mathup for Alex. He's good enough on the feet with his long limbs to not get KTFO and will find a way to get Alex down being bigger and a great wrestler. I don't see it going well for Alex in this one.

Back