Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Celestino Caballero possible in September

Sinister, who are you picking between Lopez and Penalosa?

JuanMa will knock out that little penalosa and send him to retirement, I just hope the fight doesn't go the distance so penalosa cannot complain of a ROBBERY again.

Penalosa is a passive counter puncher with that winky wright shell. He has no one to blame but himself for not throwing more shots, yes he is accurate when he counters but he fights like a point fighter.

I read some people on other message boards even go as far to say Penalosa is better then pacquiao.

Juan Ma will throw blazing combos hard body shots and open up gerrys shell and bust him up I see it being stopped and gerry being knocked out for the first time in his career in about the 7th round.

Thanks Sinister.

That Fight doesn't make any sense. Hell Penelosa without Fighting JuanMa on the strength of KO'ing Gonzalez alone has better claim.

I'm not trying to degrade JuanMa here, I like him. But aside from a wipe of Ponce he's not beaten anyone of consequence. If he gets past Penelosa, MAYBE. But if I were the match-maker you would be glad, because I'd break up that Marquez/Vasquez party in a heartbeat before they kill each other and leave the division in limbo.

I'll go ahead and agree that Lopez hasn't fought many greats , but anyone can see hes got the goods.

Word is that Vasquez may have trouble getting med clearance to fight again anyway.Its possible he might not fight again.

I've never seen Caballero fight so i'm going to assume that Gamboa will pull off another exciting victory.People are saying he looked like shit in his last fight but the guy he fought was very slick and would make anyone in that weight division look bad imo.

Why are you assuming anything about a champion that you have never seen fight.

Don't be ignorant.

Here's the end of Caballero's last fight. Unification fight with Steve Molitor.

I might try to catch one of his fights on youtube, that video doesn't tell me a whole lot.
I assumed Gamboa would win because he is a gold medalist champion who's career is being handled very carefully, but i confess that i don't watch the divisions below light weight all that much. He Looks like a sharp puncher from that vid tho.

I've never seen Caballero fight so i'm going to assume that Gamboa will pull off another exciting victory.People are saying he looked like shit in his last fight but the guy he fought was very slick and would make anyone in that weight division look bad imo.

Prior to Caballero fighting Molitor, I didn't really know too much about him either, I figured since the fight was a hometown fight for molitor, he must be a "coming out" opponent for Molitor.

Just bringing this up because your post reminded me of that.

caballero is one awkward mother.
makes so many fundamental mistakes and the minute you try to take advantage BAM!

This will be a very interesting match. 2 guys that can hit and can be hit will make for another entertaining match up for us boxing fans. If I had to choose a winner I would pick Gamboa just on speed alone, but as 5eye said Cabellero is awkward as hell and could easily catch Gamboa with something.

It's not fair that Cabellero wears his Belt up so high he actually wears it higher then oscar did, kinda reminds me of another super tall fighter for a small division (pic below).

paul-williams1.jpg

i don't know man...margarito had no problem finding the body.

I'll go ahead and agree that Lopez hasn't fought many greats , but anyone can see hes got the goods.

Having the goods and beating someone who is used to Fighting against "the goods" and has beaten people with "the goods"...are two entirely different things.

It's not as if JuanMa hasn't looked like shit before, either. It's definitely possible despite recent happenings.

And no one should be concerned about the height of Pelenchin's shorts. The ref always indicates where legal blows can be landed, even if the shorts are hiked up to a guy's neck.

gamboa will outbox cabellero

lol Not a snowball's chance in Hell. His best bet is actually to brawl, and given his lack of defense, it doesn't bode well.

you guys seem to be knocking gamboa too much ya he is flawed but this guy was one of the best recent Amateurs in boxing and Olympic medalist.

Also remember this they share a common opponent.

JOSE ROJAS who knocked Caballero out in 3 rounds, and Yuri beat the snot outta him just recently for the vacant title.

but you can also make the argument that Rojas was old when gamboa fought him and Caballero was too green when he got knocked out by Rojas in 03.

Having the goods and beating someone who is used to Fighting against "the goods" and has beaten people with "the goods"...are two entirely different things.

It's not as if JuanMa hasn't looked like shit before, either. It's definitely possible despite recent happenings.

And no one should be concerned about the height of Pelenchin's shorts. The ref always indicates where legal blows can be landed, even if the shorts are hiked up to a guy's neck.

But they get extra protection from the high shorts and the protector

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luminous Knight
Back