NCAA Wrestling

I'm out so I can't watch. How was Burroughs vs Mesenbrink?
Burroughs dominated. He was stalling at the end, coasting to a comfortable decision, and gave up a couple points. Got a bit chippy at the end and gave up another point for pushing Messenbrink while he was on the ground after the whistle.

Just bowed out to Nolf though. Pretty boring stuff from Nolf. Just ran backwards for the last minute and a half.

Lee over Gilman, 6-3. I want Lee to win this one bad, but I’m not so sure. Gilman lifted him and looked to take him to his back. Refs gave him 2. NLWC challenged and lost. Of course, Peacock didn’t show the replay.

Coverage has been awful. Missed the first half of Lee vs Richard’s because they were showing women’s freestyle instead.

Edit:

Tough angle. Looks more 2 than it did watching live.

Last edited:
The future is looking fantastic for USA wrestling. The high schoolers are looking sharp.

Jax Forrest teched Liam Cronin, barely loses to Gilman, wins his next, and has Suriano up next.

Marcus Blaze lost 4-2 to Suriano, beats Megadulis, and has Lilledahl up next.

Luke Lilledahl lost 5-3 to Zane Richards, beat Liam Cronin, and has Blaze up next.

LaDarion Lockett teched Meyer Shapiro, lost to Messenbrink, won by forfeit vs Joseph, and has Tyler Berger up next.

Connor Mirasola lost to Aaron Brooks 11-5 and Max Dean. Still, kid took down Aaron Brooks.
Pretty incredible. Also I think the Mirasola bros are Askren proteges and heading to PSU. The future is bright for them.

Burroughs dominated. He was stalling at the end, coasting to a comfortable decision, and gave up a couple points. Got a bit chippy at the end and gave up another point for pushing Messenbrink while he was on the ground after the whistle.

Just bowed out to Nolf though. Pretty boring stuff from Nolf. Just ran backwards for the last minute and a half.

No. Are you saying he lost to Nolf?!

No. Are you saying he lost to Nolf?!
Yeah, 3-0. They booed him out the arena. One fan was yelling at him, telling him to go home and that his career was over. Classy stuff.

Yeah, 3-0. They booed him out the arena. One fan was yelling at him, telling him to go home and that his career was over. Classy stuff.

What a slime ball. Burroughs deserves better and I hope he comes back for another world title at 79. And I hope he whoops at least one Nittany Lion to do it.

These trials are kinda bumming me out. Making me feel old. Seems like yesterday Jden Cox was absolutely on fire winning world titles and looking like he and Snyder were going to have a great rivalry at the top. Even a guy like Pat Downey. Makes a world team in DT's absence, wrestled well, then he gets cancelled and never came close to claiming even the number 2 spot again. Gwizz is settling into a role where his best use is to sharpen the youngsters. Burroughs has slowed down considerably although I want to see him go one more year back at 79. Marinelli and Hall come into college a tremendous prospects. Now college is over and theyre not looking like they'll ever come close to a world team. Even Yianni is looking less interested.

Somebody tell me I'm wrong!

These trials are kinda bumming me out. Making me feel old. Seems like yesterday Jden Cox was absolutely on fire winning world titles and looking like he and Snyder were going to have a great rivalry at the top. Even a guy like Pat Downey. Makes a world team in DT's absence, wrestled well, then he gets cancelled and never came close to claiming even the number 2 spot again. Gwizz is settling into a role where his best use is to sharpen the youngsters. Burroughs has slowed down considerably although I want to see him go one more year back at 79. Marinelli and Hall come into college a tremendous prospects. Now college is over and theyre not looking like they'll ever come close to a world team. Even Yianni is looking less interested.

Somebody tell me I'm wrong!
Downey is trying to get himself cancelled again.

Not going to lie, “Only a girl would call that wrestling” gave me a good laugh.

I don't see what's SO controversial about the things he's saying. Especially if they happen to be true. People need to just chill a little. If he's a moron then he's a moron but he is one of the top 10 freestylers in the nation he deserves the opportunity to compete.

I appreciate the updates, so keep them coming please.

I lost a lot of respect for Spencer after his last NCAA championship. Maybe I don’t know the whole story but didn’t he bow out after losing to Ramos?

And yeah, f*ck whoever was talking that crap to Burroughs. Seems like Penn State fans need to eat some humble pie. Eventually they’ll fall, just like everyone else did. JB is one of the greatest American wrestlers ever.

No 3rd match needed in the best of 3 series.

Lee over Gilman
Retherford over Lee
Dake over Nolf
Brooks over Taylor
Snyder over Trumble
Parris over Zillmer

I think we may have seen a torch passed here. The start of the Aaron Brooks Era.

No 3rd match needed in the best of 3 series.

Lee over Gilman
Retherford over Lee
Dake over Nolf
Brooks over Taylor
Snyder over Trumble
Parris over Zillmer

I think we may have seen a torch passed here. The start of the Aaron Brooks Era.

Can't wait to see how he handles the Yazdani underhook.

Last edited:
Yazdani is going to wake up to the news of Taylor losing with a big smile on his face. The last time he lost to a guy not named Taylor, Aaron Brooks was probably 14 years-old.
But on the other hand, if you can defeat Taylor and make it look easy, you've got to be considered the favorite to win gold.

Back