Locked AEW CXIV: Punk is still the biggest draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Tony always this stupid/crazy?

9oy5c3mcsc1c1.jpg

They're copyright striking people on Twitter, Youtube, Instagram etc. and getting the posts taken down. They're even taking down people's personal cell phone camera videos from inside the arena.

Them taking down tweets with copyright strikes might be an even bigger L than airing the footage to begin with.
giphy.gif

LOL, and it's all because people are shitting on the angle. They're trying to stem the tide of negativity they created themselves, and are making themselves look even worse.

Was Tony always this stupid/crazy?
He was, yeah. For the first few years, he had a lot of good faith, and his crazy ideas either worked or had enough support that it seemed like they worked. He just has completely run out of ideas to make an exciting show, and the good faith is mostly gone

He was, yeah. For the first few years, he had a lot of good faith, and his crazy ideas either worked or had enough support that it seemed like they worked. He just has completely run out of ideas to make an exciting show, and the good faith is mostly gone
Am I wrong in thinking that the company lived or died on the backs of Cody Rhodes and CM Punk? Can't speak for the booking back then, but it seems like they brought in a lot of the hype and notoriety the company enjoyed for a few years.

Am I wrong in thinking that the company lived or died on the backs of Cody Rhodes and CM Punk? Can't speak for the booking back then, but it seems like they brought in a lot of the hype and notoriety the company enjoyed for a few years.

As time goes on, it's becoming more, and more apparent that it was Cody's influence that prevented it from becoming a shit show even quicker.

FB_IMG_1712850429933.jpg

Last edited:

Tony Khan took over the booking and doesn’t know what he’s doing. Turns out real life is different than his 2K career mode.

Cody’s run sucked ass and that was mostly up to Cody as the talent damn near booked themselves while he was there.

CM Phil’s run sucked ass because he was a pretentious egomaniac that was constantly injured because his body is as fragile as his ego.. and wowie zowie, he’s hurt in WWE already.

So yeah, nothing personal but kinda wrong.

Things were better with Kenny Omega but unfortunately he’s out with injury.

Someone needs to take over the booking in AEW, Tony Khan ain’t it.

As time goes on, it's becoming more, and more apparent that it was Cody's influence that prevented it from becoming a shit show even quicker.

Nah, Cody’s run was ass and he loved self fellating, long winded promos. He also thought he cured racism and defeated the British in patriotic fashion.

Also, his influence saw the Nightmare Collective and QT get a lot of camera time.

It was shit.

20240411_120732.jpg

Forbidden Door in Long Island. WrestleDream staying in WA and Full Gear returns to NJ.

Nah, Cody’s run was ass and he loved self fellating, long winded promos. He also thought he cured racism and defeated the British in patriotic fashion.

Also, his influence saw the Nightmare Collective and QT get a lot of camera time.

It was shit.

I'm not talking creatively, I meant in terms of backstage incidents. Since he left, more dumb shit has happened in that company.

Creative has never been AEW's strong point.

I'm not talking creatively, I meant in terms of backstage incidents. Since he left, more dumb shit has happened in that company.

Creative has never been AEW's strong point.

It wouldn’t have mattered if he left or not, CM Phil is that toxic.

It was shit.
It's almost like they needed a boss to reign in his ideas and not just run with it.

Tony Khan took over the booking and doesn’t know what he’s doing. Turns out real life is different than his 2K career mode.

Cody’s run sucked ass and that was mostly up to Cody as the talent damn near booked themselves while he was there.
I can't comment as I didn't watch it, but wasn't his whole "American Nightmare" persona birthed over there? I can't see it being all that bad, considering he re-invented himself to the point where Vince opened up the bank vault to get friggin' Stardust back.

The booking is clearly an issue, but it seems like those two had the name value to keep people at least interested. Now that they're gone, it seems like they have nobody that gives them any sort of identity or credibility. Even if creative is shit, you can at least build around big relevant stars like that, and lean on them like a crutch. They got no crutch now.

CM Phil’s run sucked ass because he was a pretentious egomaniac that was constantly injured because his body is as fragile as his ego.. and wowie zowie, he’s hurt in WWE already.

So yeah, nothing personal but kinda wrong.

Things were better with Kenny Omega but unfortunately he’s out with injury.

Someone needs to take over the booking in AEW, Tony Khan ain’t it.
Kenny would never have let it go down like this.

It wouldn’t have mattered if he left or not, CM Phil is that toxic.

That goes without saying. But there's other things like Sammy/Andrade, Sammy/Kingston, The midget married to Jordynne Grace throwing a tantrum, and shit like that may have been avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back