News Anthony Smith: "Stupid fans don't understand my analysis"

Only Here for Attachments

Deacon of the Church of St. Jon Jones
@Titanium
Reaction score

Some of it is the position I put myself in as being an analyst, right? The fans are stupid, they are. You guys write an article and they don't read the article. They just read the headline and just make up the rest in their head. If they actually read it, almost everything I say makes a lot of sense. Every once in a while maybe I have some crazy takes, but it's not that often. Honestly, me and my friends play a game, "What kind of crazy shit can I say to see what the fans will say."

DC's loud ass out there said the exact same thing [about Pereira] and nobody said shit. But as soon as I say it, because I'm still competing they have a problem with it... The fighters know I'm speaking the truth.

simpsons-everyones.gif

He is not lying about Alex but he shouldn't say it. He is an active competitor and Alex is in his weight class. It just doesn't come off correctly. Even if they fought each other; Smith doesn't have the takedown threat to bother Alex. He will get lit up.

Who in the back decided it was a good idea to give this guy a desk job? Like I don’t think a single person on earth who would go “wow you know Anthony smith is a guy whose opinion the world really needs to hear!”

His stupid little desk job turned him from a somewhat likeable dude to one of the most insufferable people currently on the roster

Who in the back decided it was a good idea to give this guy a desk job? Like I don’t think a single person on earth who would go “wow you know Anthony smith is a guy whose opinion the world really needs to hear!”

His stupid little desk job turned him from a somewhat likeable dude to one of the most insufferable people currently on the roster
I would rather know what Ja Rule thinks about Alex Poatan.

He is not lying about Alex but he shouldn't say it. He is an active competitor and Alex is in his weight class. It just doesn't come off correctly. Even if they fought each other; Smith doesn't have the takedown threat to bother Alex. He will get lit up.
Jan should have. Didn't play out that way through.

I greatly respect veterans of the sport, and if they have a unique perspective on a subject based on their experience I am very much willing to listen... for a bit.

But its on them to learn how to effectively articulate their opinions, and learn brevity is the soul of wit... in other words, be brief, TLDR, or keep it interesting or GTFO.

Smith I have respect for as a fighter, but he needs to learn how to more effectively articulate his opinions.

Back