News Bellator sale talks heating up

Not surprised, I can imagine that Bellator events aren't particularly profitable, so no wonder Paramount wants to get rid of them.
But is there even someone else, who is willing to put a lot of money in a product like Bellator?

Not surprised, I can imagine that Bellator events aren't particularly profitable, so no wonder Paramount wants to get rid of them.
But is there even someone else, who is willing to put a lot of money in a product like Bellator?
I will not be surprised to see Middle East sovereign funds here given that Mubadala is quite successful with the UFC

Buying up all competition has worked before, the "Monopoly Game" plan.

I hope its not being aborsbed by another promotion (UFC/PFL/ONE) and its more along the lines of a middle east investment or an AEW/Bellator kind if thing similar to WWE/UFC.

If its a group if investors similar to PFL then its bound to collapse sooner rather than later.

I hope its not being aborsbed by another promotion (UFC/PFL/ONE) and its more along the lines of a middle east investment or an AEW/Bellator kind if thing similar to WWE/UFC.

If its a group if investors similar to PFL then its bound to collapse sooner rather than later.
Anthem would seem like the best home. They own Impact Wrestling and recently purchased Invicta FC.

Who from WON is reporting? There’s a good chance they’re just regurgitating what Ariel said a while ago and passing it off for their own reporting months after.

I wonder if Bellator is sold if Coker will still be president or if the new owners would install someone new to lead the company.

So is this Viacom looking to sell? I have no idea what Paramount is being a Brit.

Wheres dudes in here swearing up and down no way Bellator is up for sale?

Who said it was the UFC purchasing them?

Not a chance UFC buys them not only cause the lawsuit but they dont need to. They dont want gov looking into them and frankly they are so secured in their spot they dont care. Different time where they were looking to do more events, expand roster, eliminate closest competitor they would buy them but those days are over.

Most likely its either another mma org like PFL just solidifying themselves as strongest number 2 or maybe a streaming network like Amazon or Apple looking for content.

It just doesnt fit and work with Viacom anymore.

Not a chance UFC buys them not only cause the lawsuit but they dont need to. They dont want gov looking into them and frankly they are so secured in their spot they dont care. Different time where they were looking to do more events, expand roster, eliminate closest competitor they would buy them but those days are over.

Most likely its either another mma org like PFL just solidifying themselves as strongest number 2 or maybe a streaming network like Amazon or Apple looking for content.

It just doesnt fit and work with Viacom anymore.
I dont think any MMA org, besides the UFC, has the money to buy Bellator. PFL certainly does not have the capital and neither does ONE. Im assuming its an outside group of investors or, like you said, a streaming platform looking for content.

Im personally hoping for a Middle East investment group or AEW looking for a merger similar to WWE/UFC.

Wonder what the showtime deal looks like. If a streaming service picked them up they'd obviously want them on their platform not Showtime so would Showtime let them go in a sale or what? Or if its an outside group that picks them up would they want to continue with Showtime, do they keep Coker?

Except no one cares about impact wrestling or invicta nowadays
They both do reputable viewership based on the network that they're on. You do have be pulling in WWE or UFC numbers to considered successful for said network or station.

Besides, the CEO of Anthem recently expressed the desire to expanded operations into foreign territories. Seeing as how Bellator pulls in better venues overseas than Domestically, they'd be a good potential venture.

Back