News Bellator sale talks heating up

The fact that Bellator was sold for a minority of PFL stake is fucking absurd. I dont know if its funny or sad. They basically had zero offers. Paramount would have been better off getting $20 from a random sherbro.
Sadly it's unsurprising when you take into account the fact that Bellator only ever turned profit when Dazn overpaid them. The international deals were cool and all, but the bulk of their events were still held stateside, which meant they were money pits.

Sadly it's unsurprising when you take into account the fact that Bellator only ever turned profit when Dazn overpaid them. The international deals were cool and all, but the bulk of their events were still held stateside, which meant they were money pits.
Interestingly enough, Paramount was the only thing keeping Bellator afloat but at the same time Paramount was Bellator's worst enemy.

Bellator sale is final, nothing heating up anymore. Close the thread.

Putting it here as a final post about the sale, Paramount/Viacom was and is an incompetent company and more and more I feel like Coker was screwed from the beginning

Putting it here as a final post about the sale, Paramount/Viacom was and is an incompetent company and more and more I feel like Coker was screwed from the beginning

Many have said it from the start................being owned by Viacom is a double edge sword. Great solid backing but at any point they can cut it all off and continue to move on like you never existed. Also it kills any chance of cashing in on the largest most lucrative media deal in your own back yard, the US media deal.

I don't know if Coker was screwed from the start as we have no idea what kind of operating budget he was giving and what Viacom expected out of Bellator for revenue and profits. What Viacom was giving to Bjorn that got reported out there at that time was complete sabotaged from the start. Which is expected since he didn't want to change the Bellator format.

I'm still shocked that they got next to nothing for Bellator outside of some PFL ownership hoping that hail marry shot may turn into something big.

Back