• Yes, he has mad skills.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No, he just pure show, no substance.

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • I have no idea.

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I showed a HL video of this guy to my mom, who hates boxing or anything to do with combat sports.

But she totally loves this guy, she couldn't stop laughing at his antics and showmanship.

That's pretty cool when you can appeal to audiences outside of the hardcore or casuals. But people who don't particularly love boxing at all.

So I really hope this guy keeps doing what he's doing and achieves a lot in this sport.

I think he's great for boxing. We will see what happens.

He clowns journeymen. Let’s see what happens when he gets in with someone who can fight back.

True, can't wait to see him being tested with legit top boxers.

There’s nothing impressive in what he does. Any high-level boxer could do the same thing to low-level boxers. They just choose not to.

Instead of unleashing on his opponents and taking them out right away (like Curmel Moton does for instance), he touches them, dances, touches them again and dances some more. It’s a waste of time and energy.

Last edited:
There’s nothing impressive in what he does. Any high-level boxer could do the same thing to low-level boxers. They just choose not to.

Instead of unleashing on his opponents and taking them out right away (like Curmel Moton does for instance), he touches them, dances, touches them again and dances some more. It’s a waste of time and energy.

Are you serious, nothing impressive? You don't think has good fundamentals in his boxing? He was a silver medalists.
Also he's just starting his journey, so it's only inevitable you are going scrape the bottom of the barrel at first against these type of opponents.

But just looking how he fights, he definitely has skills. The antics are just icing on the cake. Just to get more appeal towards him.

Are you serious, nothing impressive? You don't think has good fundamentals in his boxing? He was a silver medalists.
Also he's just starting his journey, so it's only inevitable you are going scrape the bottom of the barrel at first against these type of opponents.

But just looking how he fights, he definitely has skills. The antics are just icing on the cake. Just to get more appeal towards him.
He’s one high-level boxer among the 1000 high-level boxers worldwide. It’s not enough to impress me. When I think “impressive”, I think top 50, not top 1000.

He’s one high-level boxer among the 1000 high-level boxers worldwide. It’s not enough to impress me. When I think “impressive”, I think top 50, not top 1000.

Ok whatever floats your boat, but you don't have to so cynical. How would you potentially know someone is going to be great than if you don't see the positive things this person does. There potentiality to put it simply. No one knew Pacquiao or Mayweather will turn out to be in their pro careers. You just go by what you see and observe and go from there.

But both of those fighters I mentioned had high potential. Like this Whittaker kid.

Ok whatever floats your boat, but you don't have to so cynical. How would you potentially know someone is going to be great than if you don't see the positive things this person does. There potentiality to put it simply. No one knew Pacquiao or Mayweather will turn out to be in their pro careers. You just go by what you see and observe and go from there.

But both of those fighters I mentioned had high potential. Like this Whittaker kid.
How about you point out what it is he does that’s supposedly great?

Does he land devastating punches with consistency? Does he slip punches while putting himself in a perfect position to counter? None of the above. He does a lot of flashy things that are unfortunately useless in a fighting sport and very few things that are actually useful.

He fought a guy with more losses than wins and it took him 5 rounds to finish him. Either he has no killer instinct or he’s disguising his lack of fighting skills with dancing and acting skills. None of those scenarios signifies a bright future awaits him.

It looks good but as others said will he be able to get away with that at a higher level? Nothing against the guy but I would laugh if someone sparked him whilst he was clowning around.

How about you point out what it is he does that’s supposedly great?

Does he land devastating punches with consistency? Does he slip punches while putting himself in a perfect position to counter? None of the above. He does a lot of flashy things that are unfortunately useless in a fighting sport and very few things that are actually useful.

He fought a guy with more losses than wins and it took him 5 rounds to finish him. Either he has no killer instinct or he’s disguising his lack of fighting skills with dancing and acting skills. None of those scenarios signifies a bright future awaits him.

Just watch his HL videos there plenty of examples of his boxing skills in there. He has a very good jab, very good right cross, great combinations. Great movement from slipping from punches.

Like I said, you can say the same thing for legendary boxers like Pacquiao and Mayweather and say oh who have they fought in their early careers. But that's not the point. The point is if this guy has potentiality there that can be build on. I think this kid has it. Obviously he has to fight better boxers, but that's inevitable it will happen if he keeps on winning.

I think you are just too pessimistic, or just a hater because of his showboating style. But anyways.

How would you potentially know someone is going to be great than if you don't see the positive things this person does.

He could end up being great, but he annoys everyone watching every time he fights by making fights last far longer than they should. He honestly believes he's putting on a show with his dancing but opinions of Whittaker here in the UK are that he clowns too much and after a few rounds the joke grows old, and he ends up boring the viewers.

It's not as if he has that much power anyway so he needs to turn it up to eleven after two rounds and bombard the guy to get him out of there, but he doesn't. Maybe he changes as he moves up the ranks, but until he does, opinions on him won't be great and rightly so.

Just watch his HL videos there plenty of examples of his boxing skills in there. He has a very good jab, very good right cross, great combinations. Great movement from slipping from punches.

Like I said, you can say the same thing for legendary boxers like Pacquiao and Mayweather and say oh who have they fought in their early careers. But that's not the point. The point is if this guy has potentiality there that can be build on. I think this kid has it. Obviously he has to fight better boxers, but that's inevitable it will happen if he keeps on winning.

I think you are just too pessimistic, or just a hater because of his showboating style. But anyways.
No, I cannot say the same thing about Floyd and Pac. This guy is 26 years old. When Floyd and Pac were 26, both were among the P4P best boxers in the world.

And don’t give me the excuse of “he turned pro late”: Lomachenko also turned pro late and was already a world champion at 26.

There’s no chance in hell he could ever reach those guys’ levels.

He could end up being great, but he annoys everyone watching every time he fights by making fights last far longer than they should. He honestly believes he's putting on a show with his dancing but opinions of Whittaker here in the UK are that he clowns too much and after a few rounds the joke grows old, and he ends up boring the viewers.

It's not as if he has that much power anyway so he needs to turn it up to eleven after two rounds and bombard the guy to get him out of there, but he doesn't. Maybe he changes as he moves up the ranks, but until he does, opinions on him won't be great and rightly so.

Well we see what happens.

No, I cannot say the same thing about Floyd and Pac. This guy is 26 years old. When Floyd and Pac were 26, both were among the P4P best boxers in the world.

And don’t give me the excuse of “he turned pro late”: Lomachenko also turned pro late and was already a world champion at 26.

There’s no chance in hell he could ever reach those guys’ levels.

To each their own, I think Whittaker has potential to be a world class boxer. That's just based on my observation and gut feeling. You have your opinion, which is fine.

There is no evidence yet that Whittaker is a high level pro boxer. Flash in the pan is the more likely outcome IMO.

I showed a HL video of this guy to my mom, who hates boxing or anything to do with combat sports.

But she totally loves this guy, she couldn't stop laughing at his antics and showmanship.

That's pretty cool when you can appeal to audiences outside of the hardcore or casuals. But people who don't particularly love boxing at all.

So I really hope this guy keeps doing what he's doing and achieves a lot in this sport.

Every non boxing fan asks me about him and everytime I go "Who?"
I guess his highlights are popular on Tik Tok, amongst anime people or something.

I’ve voted yes but there is no way to tell how far he’ll go based on his career so far. He is an incredibly talented boxer, has the necessary athleticism and physical shape, and has fantastic balance. I love to watch him fight outside of all of the showboating nonsense. He has the potential to be an absolutely fantastic fighter. However, can he take a clean hard shot? The way he fights he’s gonna need sturdy whiskers. How does he deal with being put under pressure or pushed back. How does he react when he gets hurt or dropped. Does he have the heart and mentality it takes to get to the peak of this sport. All unanswered at this point in time

He’s in a division where the 2 champs are undeniably p4p top 10. Lucky for him they’ll be gone or old by the time he gets to that level, if he gets there. And we’re not gonna know that until he fights contender level boxers. He’s not gonna be short on options either as domestically the UK has about half a dozen top 20 LHWs. He’s going to have to step up quicker than most because of how competitive the division is at home

His antics annoy me but I will admit there has been a couple of times he’s had me laughing.

Every 6 months or so, there comes a Brit boxer who thinks he’s the second coming of Naseem Hamed, right up until he gets splattered by a rough n tumble B grade fighter.

It was satisfying the first 837 times but now it’s just kinda meh.

He's entertaining, but he lacks the crushing power that Naseem had, and he's just in the infancy of his career. I wouldn't place him any where near Naseem Hamed.

Back