Media Benoît Saint-Denis sparring KSW double champ Salahdine Parnasse

Who wins if they were to fight?

• Total voters
I think Dustin Poirier murks him.

Poirier is not elite, but neither is Saint-Denis.

This is basically going to be a brawl, and Poirier has way more epic experience in this type of exchange.

Poirier not elite? He's lost thrice in the last 7 years, to Charles (champ at the time), Khabib (champ at the time) and Gaethje who'd just come off a fantastic showing against Fiziev. I think you're being a bit harsh there.

I think Dustin loses to this guy. He's bigger, younger, probably stronger, hits hard and doesn't have as much mileage. I like Dustin and I don't like BSD but that's just how I feel. I think Dustin loses.

Judo background for sure, not sure if he wrestled in his youth but I'd assume he did if he grew up in Chechnya before moving to France. Not entirely sure Bakis background though, when he moved to France, when he began training MMA, when he began Judo etc. But he clearly is a high level Judo black belt. Haven't seen it translate so well to MMA since the days of like Karo Parisian or Akiyama (when he used it).

His background is only Judo. Then he switched to MMA as a teenager but outgrew his local scene quickly (Strasbourg, east of France on the German border) and moved to Paris to train with Fernand Lopez at MMA factory and start his career at Ares

Judo background for sure, not sure if he wrestled in his youth but I'd assume he did if he grew up in Chechnya before moving to France. Not entirely sure Bakis background though, when he moved to France, when he began training MMA, when he began Judo etc. But he clearly is a high level Judo black belt. Haven't seen it translate so well to MMA since the days of like Karo Parisian or Akiyama (when he used it).

Judo and boxing

Judo. He was a blackbelt at 16/17 and even won some youth championship if I'm not mistaken

His background is only Judo. Then he switched to MMA as a teenager but outgrew his local scene quickly (Strasbourg, east of France on the German border) and moved to Paris to train with Fernand Lopez at MMA factory and start his career at Ares
Thanks for the replies

I've been following bsd pretty closely and he's one of those guys who gets around a lot for training. He has his head coach and his BJJ coach as the staples of his team, but he trains some with the bulgarian national wrestling team, a wrestling coach of France's Olympic team, and also the olympic boxing coach of france.

The only thing I might critique his team of is the lack of high level mma training partners, but bringing in guys like parnasse is a good step towards remedying that.

Last edited:
Poirier not elite? He's lost thrice in the last 7 years, to Charles (champ at the time), Khabib (champ at the time) and Gaethje who'd just come off a fantastic showing against Fiziev. I think you're being a bit harsh there.

IMO, the "elite" are those who beat (and become) Champions, not those who lose (and fail to become) Champion, every time they try.

I stand by what I said; we just have a different definition of what "elite" means.

For that matter, Fiziev and Gaethje themselves have failed to become Champion, and failed repeatedly.

Doesn't mean they are not good, they are good. Even very good.

But in no universe are they ELITE.

I am not "harsh," just objective.

The reality is is you're little soft in your objective assessment of what truly is elite.

IMO, the "elite" are those who beat (and become) Champions, not those who lose (and fail to become) Champion, every time they try.

I stand by what I said; we just have a different definition of what "elite" means.

For that matter, Fiziev and Gaethje themselves have failed to become Champion, and failed repeatedly.

The reality is is you're little soft in your objective assessment of what truly is elite.

Who is elite in that division?

I don't think you thought that through and you're confusing guys who are not good enough to beat champions with guys who never had a belt.

Dustin has beaten many guys who held championships before (4 or 5). So yes, he is elite. He also beat Gaethje.

I don't think you thought that through and you're confusing guys who are not good enough to beat champions with guys who never had a belt.

Dustin has beaten many guys who held championships before (4 or 5). So yes, he is elite. He also beat Gaethje.

I don't consider him elite at anything.

Very good striker, so so ground game.

Neither elite at striking, nor on the ground, but (to budge a little) an argument can be made for getting close to elite at the striking, at least at the MMA level.

That said ...

Alex Pereira is elite at striking.
Khabib Nurmagomedov, as another example, is elite at grappling.

Poirier could beat neither at their specialty.

I'll take Parnasse based on the fact that he's fighting and winning in the juiciest org in the world.

I've been following bsd pretty closely and he's one of those guys who gets around a lot for training. He has his head coach and his BJJ coach as the staples of his team, but he trains some with the bulgarian national wrestling team, a wrestling coach of France's Olympic team, and also the olympic boxing coach of france.

The only thing I might critique his team of is the lack of high level mma training partners, but bringing in guys like parnasse is a good step towards remedying that.
That’s true.
Training with guys like Baki and Lazy King would be great for BSD’s development, he should consider doing that imo.

Back