Best opening 3 songs on an album? or strongest 3 songs in a row on an album?

If you're into neo-psychedelia alt rock, I'd say Transmissions from the Satellite Heart by The Flaming Lips.

R-4239825-1359416237-7965.jpeg.jpg

1.) "Turn It On"
2.) "Pilot Can at the Queer of God"
3.) "Oh My Pregnant Head (Labia in the Sunlight)"

Excellent opening to an album, the fourth track being the infamous early-90s ear-worm "She Don't Use Jelly".

Just a fantastic album start to finish actually.

Great Album, I think Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots might have the stronger intro albeit with a different sound.

Relection Enternal's (Talib & Hi-Tek) - Train of Thought has a pretty good first 3 songs if you don't count the intro as a song. One of the best hip hop albums IMO. Although ATCQ - Beat, Rhymes and Life might edge it.

Compilations probably don't count, but every song on Bob Marley - Legend is good
1. Is This Love
2. No Woman No Cry
3. Could You Be Love

You can probably pick any 3 in a row on either High Voltage, Back in Black or Achtung Baby

G'N'R appetite for destruction hands down.

Faith No More - king for a day
Get out
Ricochet
evidence.

Honourable mention to a modern album..

Justice Cross
Genesis
let there be light
D.a.n.c.e

Alice in chains jar of flies.
1. Rotten Apple
2. Nutshell
3. I stay away

If being honest it's hands down Thriller . 3 of the biggest pop sings of the 80s in a row.

Total Albums

Top 5 are in no order

Alanis - Jagged
MJ - Thriller
GnR - Appetite
ACDC - Back in Black
LZ - 4th album.

Alice in chains jar of flies.
1. Rotten Apple
2. Nutshell
3. I stay away
Layne Staley is the greatest fucking vocalist ever. He was literally decaying alive from his heroin addiction. You can tell how he had given up on life on those three songs. I can't imagine the hell he was living in. Dude was 86 lbs and 6'1 when he died

Tool Ænima.
Stinkfist.
Eulogy.
H.

Black Sabbath
The wizard.
Walls of sleep.
N.I.B.

Clutch.
Escape from the prison planet.
Spacegrass.
I have the body of John Wilkes Booth.
Stinkfist, eulogy, and H.!!!!!! Came here to say that.

Layne Staley is the greatest fucking vocalist ever. He was literally decaying alive from his heroin addiction. You can tell how he had given up on life on those three songs. I can't imagine the hell he was living in. Dude was 86 lbs and 6'1 when he died
Yeah he looked rough when they did unplugged. I can only imagine what he looked like at the end of the road. Pretty tragic story about his gf too.

AC/DC Back in Black B side
  1. Back in black
  2. You shook me all night long
  3. Have a drink on me
To this day, I expect to hear the bending intro to Have A Drink on Me every single time Shook Me All Night Long ends. I love how there is almost no space between the two tracks

Back