Media Colby Covington: "Ian Garry Hasn't Shown Me He's Serious, STILL Have Unfinished Business With Leon"

Unfinished business! He let down against Leon! He’s been softer ever since that broken jaw. That win over Mas looks worse not better and he needs to prove he still has the dog in him … And I wasn’t even a hater, I thought he was funny, and loved his first fight against Oose.

Gary isn’t interested in fighting anyone ranked below him. Why should Colby?

colby didn’t fight enough in his prime. Left a ton of money on the table. He will be getting koed in his 40s for a check now
Goin the thiago alves/bob sapp route

I think Colby looked shot and scared against Leon...
Surely Colby's broke foot was a factor there. The Ian/Colby fight is imho a great chance for either one to make positive headlines - with a finish.

Gary isn’t interested in fighting anyone ranked below him. Why should Colby?
Because he's coming off a loss? Ian Garry is undefeated and 7-0 in the UFC, Colby has no wins over anyone in the top 15. Lol, who do you think he should fight? The only fighters ranked above him are Usman (2-0 over him), Belal (up for a title shot next), and Shavkat (who he's scared to fight). So obviously he has to fight down unless he somehow has the stones to accept a fight with Shavkat, which is clearly a fight he doesnt want.

Lol Colby is retarded. Listen son they already threw you a bone to drop the charges against the Urban Christ Jorge Masvidal. Not their fault you fuckin blew it. No more free rides. Just tone it down before you get checked again, bitch.
Usman atleast has wins OVER Colby himself and had the balls to roll off the bed to fight khamzat on a weeks notice. The two are not comparable in the slightest.
He was literally a back up for a title fight just in case. Shavkat I think would be interesting. Even promoting wise if he takes it down a couple of notches.

Then you got on the other hand that shavkat hasn’t been seen by the ppv friends enough. Atleast one more ppv fight

Talking about outrageous stuff can only take one so far.. the rest is based on actions and Colby shit the bed with his last fight. And it was an undeserving title shot

Colby is being backed against a wall.

Because Colby is 2-3 in his last 5 and coming off a loss and Garry is undefeated and on a 7 fight winning streak in the UFC.

To play devil's advocate: you listed reasons why this should happen, not reasons why Colby would want or accept the fight.
He's been comfortable sitting out and just trolling nonstop with his MAGA gimmick, and this awarded him two free title shots. If he wants to continue doing that and the company keeps rewarding him for that, why should he go and get obliterated by Rakhmonov?

colby didn’t fight enough in his prime. Left a ton of money on the table. He will be getting koed in his 40s for a check now

Fast forward to him getting elected in Florida in 5 years

To play devil's advocate: you listed reasons why this should happen, not reasons why Colby would want or accept the fight.
He's been comfortable sitting out and just trolling nonstop with his MAGA gimmick, and this awarded him two free title shots. If he wants to continue doing that and the company keeps rewarding him for that, why should he go and get obliterated by Rakhmonov?
Colby should absolutely not accept this fight. He has no business fighting hungry contenders at this point in his career.

Then again, he shouldn't have picked a fight with Garry if he was gonna just pussy out of it.

Colby should absolutely not accept this fight. He has no business fighting hungry contenders at this point in his career.

Then again, he shouldn't have picked a fight with Garry if he was gonna just pussy out of it.

Eh, the real reason he'd ever do it is because he fucking has to. So far it's not been the case, and whatever I may think of the gimmick or him in general (to be honest I don't really follow extra-octagon stuff), I can't blame him for gaming the system. Fighting careers are brutal, short and cheap. I'm more annoyed at the UFC management for rewarding it.

He was literally a back up for a title fight just in case. Shavkat I think would be interesting. Even promoting wise if he takes it down a couple of notches.

Then you got on the other hand that shavkat hasn’t been seen by the ppv friends enough. Atleast one more ppv fight
Shavkat is beating him with ease. Colby isn't what he was.

Colby doesn't want to fight.
I dont want to watch him fight.

I don't see a problem here.

Let him hold his breath forever waiting for a fight that will never happen and run out the clock on his fading career.
Thats fine.200 (3).gif

Back