Doo Ho Choi vs Cub Swanson was the original BMF Matchup

BluntForceTrama

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I believe the BMF should be a genre within the promotion.

But as it stands now, is there a board who decides the matchups or are participants more a whim decision by Dana?

What are we going to do when the matchup or participants are deemed unworthy? Or if the outcome is dull? Because it will happen.

It might be somewhat cool if BMF Honorary Recognitions be handed out to fights before this belt was initialized.

The first BMFHR goes to

Swanson vs Choi
holy fuk this fight

Last edited:
I believe the BMF should be a genre within the promotion.

But as it stands now, is there a board who decides the matchups or are participants more a whim decision by Dana?

What are we going to do when the matchup or participants are deemed unworthy? Or if the outcome is dull?

It might be somewhat cool if BMF Honorary Recognitions be handed out to fights before this belt was initialized.

The first BMFHR goes to

Swanson vs Choi

Tsarukyan vs Islam make the cut?

BMF might be just for JUST BLEED Crowd

That fight ended Choi’s career.
I remember there was one poster who had a massive hard-on for Choi and kept spamming his KOs over Puig and Sicilia citing them as the reason why he was better than Conor. Whole reasoning was that he didn't get hit mid-counter like Conor did vs Aldo, and that meant Choi had godlike defense.

As it turned out his defense was nonexistent and Cub and Stephens made him pay dearly for that.

Choi is no BMF, his team lost because of him at Physical 100

I remember there was one poster who had a massive hard-on for Choi and kept spamming his KOs over Puig and Sicilia citing them as the reason why he was better than Conor. Whole reasoning was that he didn't get hit mid-counter like Conor did vs Aldo, and that meant Choi had godlike defense.

As it turned out his defense was nonexistent and Cub and Stephens made him pay dearly for that.
Nobody had a bigger hard-on for Choi than Robin Black.

Amazing fight but, aint no way the inaugural BMF fight was at UFC 206 lmao plenty of guys like Diego, Leonard Garcia, etc were showing up, abandoning a gameplan, and throwing caution to the wind before UFC 206

Plus, id really only consider Cub to be a bad mf prior to this. It only made that the case for both guys after the fight had happened, as opposed fights like Max/Gaethje where it was well established both dudes come to bang

Swanson is a BMF, Doo Ho Choi absolutely not. Especially not at that time when he was just a prospect with 3 UFC wins. He also hasn't done shit since then so still not a BMF.

I feel like the BMF should be a title given out at the end of each year. BMF of 2023, BMF of 2024. With the way it is now, it's only a matter of time before somebody wins the BMF belt by lay and pray.

s36dJ5y.jpeg

What ever happened to Doo Hoo? He like fell off map shortly after. I know the Korean service thing bit haven't heard about him in a really long time.

Back