Forget Stipe, is Jones vs Poatan the best fight the UFC can make right now?

Who do you want to see Bones fight next?

• Total voters
So jones took 3 years off to bulk up to fight middleweights/light heavyweights at heavyweight? Weird...
Jon did that a decade ago and he's STILL proving he has no HW relevance.

Jon should fake being a man of courage.

He should call out Alex at Light Heavyweight.

I've been telling you for a while dude, your faith in Jones was misplaced.

He has been very clear about him not wanting to fight Aspinall. He has been as clear as its possible to be without actually stating it.

He is risk averse, he always has been, but especially so at this point in his career. Tom doesn't have a good risk/reward ratio. Too much risk for a lesser reward. All Jones thinks about is his legacy, and a loss would be catastrophic to it. A loss is almost certainly the outcome of a fight against Aspinall.

He can't be any more clear that he will never fight Aspinall at this point. He literally polled fans and ignored the results of his own poll, because Aspinall came out the clear winner. Even going as far as to hide certain responses making him look bad.

I see all the signs, but I still think this fight can happen. Especially if Tom beats Blaydes and defends his interim belt in July, which he is confirmed to do. Perreira just said he's not moving up to HW and only focusing on defending his belt now.

I think lots will change after July when Tom fights and they actually schedule Jon vs Stipe.

Jon said he first wasn't interested in Tom. But then started to change his tune and was open to it.

Who knows.

I see all the signs, but I still think this fight can happen. Especially if Tom beats Blaydes and defends his interim belt in July, which he is confirmed to do. Perreira just said he's not moving up to HW and only focusing on defending his belt now.

I think lots will change after July when Tom fights and they actually schedule Jon vs Stipe.

Jon said he first wasn't interested in Tom. But then started to change his tune and was open to it.

Who knows.
I think that's your hope talking.

He gave that one interview to Submission Radio where he said the future is looking good for a future fight with Aspinall.

Besides that one instance all he's done is express indignance and disdain at the very thought of them fighting. He wouldn't even answer Tom directly when he asked, face to face. He doesn't want the fight.

He's an ego maniac, so sure, he could be essentially bullied or mocked into taking the fight, but he has never been about fairness, or upholding the integrity of the sport. So appealing to his good nature is not the way to get him to take the fight.

He doesn't care Tom is deserving, he doesn't care that he's the rightful contender. He doesn't even care about fairness in the fights themselves with his multiple PED violations. He doesn't care what the fans want to see, which is why he argued with the fans that voted for the guy he didn't want them to vote for on his own poll.

HW needs to move on.. we cannot have two HW champs that don't want to fight each other

Not just Jon and Izzy fans but a lot of salty fighters out there who just can't cope with a kickboxing champ coming in and whipping people's asses and becoming a double champ in short order.
Jamhal Hill saying "He was only a kickboxing double champ because I didn't decide to kickbox" was just chefs kiss of delusion

Only if Alex beat Tom. If he did it would be the biggest UFC fight of all time

Jon did that a decade ago and he's STILL proving he has no HW relevance.

Jon should fake being a man of courage.

He should call out Alex at Light Heavyweight.
If he took 10 years to get fat for HW, imagine how many years he's gonna need to lose weight for LHW?

If he took 10 years to get fat for HW, imagine how many years he's gonna need to lose weight for LHW?
If he was to return to LHW he'd need a Stipe esq opponent, someone who hasn't won in four years since getting splattered, so like an Anthony Smith rematch

right now, Stipe is the HW GOAT in the UFC.... 40+ and hasn't competed in years - its jones dream fight.

Back