Is Jones vs Stipe really a money fight?

Shut the fuck up about weak sauce. Your arguement was Aspinall is a bigger draw than Stipe but won't post anything to prove it, your ability to form an arguement is weak sauce. You're not worth wasting my time, welcome to the ignore list you lazy bitch.

You're weak as hell. No one asked you to bring your bullshit to my thread. How do you have a name like no bias just mma while arguing against the fight the MMA fans want to see?

My "argument" is that Stipe isn't a draw (which is fact) and that Aspinall has the potential to be a bigger star (which he does). And you've said absolutely nothing to counter that.

LOL At people here here trying to pretend that Stipe is a big ticket seller. 7 years ago when he was the champ he was selling 300.000 ppvs. The new fans don't even know him. Jones will sell with him as much as he sold with Gane or will sell with Aspinall.

But he is not fighting Aspinall, uh?

<OKC16>

Jones must have given UFC an ultimatum. Either I fight Stipe or I'm retiring, so I guess it's Stipe if they want one last Jones fight...

No it's a vanity fight for Jones to end his career as champ by beating the GOAT UFC HW. Did you SEE how fucking old Miocic looked at 295? This is a final hurrah and probably a decent payday and retirement for the already semi retired Stipe. Almost an exhibition match for fucks sake.

Thing is are they still going to put Jones to headline the PPV at Madison Square Garden like wanted to . Coordinating Jones return against the location might be a pain in the ass. They should do Jones vs Asphinal somewhere in the UK to draw more english fans in

They should just make Stipe vs Tom at UFC 300 and have Jon fight the winner. No idea when Jon will be ready to fight again.

Thing is are they still going to put Jones to headline the PPV at Madison Square Garden like wanted to . Coordinating Jones return against the location might be a pain in the ass. They should do Jones vs Asphinal somewhere in the UK to draw more english fans in

Yes, let's have the GOAT UFC fighter have his retirement fight 6 hours away in enemy territory instead of either in his home state or Vegas.

Fucking hell.

Yes, let's have the GOAT UFC fighter have his retirement fight 6 hours away in enemy territory instead of either in his home state or Vegas.

Fucking hell.
Nah. He can still have his retirement fight at MSG against old man Stipe after Aspinall sleeps him in the UK.

It's not a money fight but it's a great name on Jones resume even if Stipe is past it and if he wanted it Jones could have fought him yrs ago in his prime rather then ppl who add nothing to his legacy like Smith or Santos.

Aspinal should fight Stipe for vacant title with winner fighting a returning Jones in 12 or so months time when he recovers.

LOL At people here here trying to pretend that Stipe is a big ticket seller. 7 years ago when he was the champ he was selling 300.000 ppvs. The new fans don't even know him. Jones will sell with him as much as he sold with Gane or will sell with Aspinall.

But he is not fighting Aspinall, uh?

<OKC16>

Jones must have given UFC an ultimatum. Either I fight Stipe or I'm retiring, so I guess it's Stipe if they want one last Jones fight...

I don't think it would even do as much as Gane personally, that had the benefit Jones hadnt fought for years and was debuting at HW.

Jones/Aspinall would sell more than Jones/Stipe, I think that is pretty much certain.

They're marketing it like the GSP v Silva fight that never happened & are too stubborn to give it up

I want to see it I just wish the hw belt situation wasn't all f'd up because of it

But they weren't lining up to see Stipe when he was the champion. Now he's been retired for 3 years and coming off a brutal KO loss.
Some guys aren't a draw on their own.

But sometimes you have a fighter who is a draw, Jones, who needs a dance partner with name value in order to sell and promote a fight.

Stipe has accolades and history. He's not a draw or fan favorite, but casuals know who he is.

Jones will always be the main draw, but having an opponent who checks those boxes is important as well.

Tom isn't a known commodity. Nobody knows who he is.

The last PPV was the 4th biggest gate in ufc history. Because of Jones / Stipe prior to getting canceled.

There just isn't the same sort of hype behind Jones fighting the next guy in line, who isn't a known commodity.

I don't think it would even do as much as Gane personally, that had the benefit Jones hadnt fought for years and was debuting at HW.

Jones/Aspinall would sell more than Jones/Stipe, I think that is pretty much certain.
The gate for the last ppv was 4th in ufc history because of stipe / Jones before it got canceled.

What makes you think Aspinall is going to sell more than a known commodity, who's been around for a long time and can be promoted as one of the greatest heavyweights of all time?

Casuals don't know who aspinall is. I don't know how anyone could think he would sell more.

Sherdog doesn't represent the majority of fans.

The gate for the last ppv was 4th in ufc history because of stipe / Jones before it got canceled.

What makes you think Aspinall is going to sell more than a known commodity, who's been around for a long time and can be promoted as one of the greatest heavyweights of all time?

Casuals don't know who aspinall is. I don't know how anyone could think he would sell more.

Sherdog doesn't represent the majority of fans.
Tom not being a known commodity is a problem yes but that's an easy problem to fix. With UFC 300 coming up they can put him in a huge fight with Stipe since Jon is out injured. If not Stipe then Gane. TS is right that Tom has a lot of potential and you have to give him fights to have that potential get realized.

Some guys aren't a draw on their own.

But sometimes you have a fighter who is a draw, Jones, who needs a dance partner with name value in order to sell and promote a fight.

Stipe has accolades and history. He's not a draw or fan favorite, but casuals know who he is.

Jones will always be the main draw, but having an opponent who checks those boxes is important as well.

Tom isn't a known commodity. Nobody knows who he is.

The last PPV was the 4th biggest gate in ufc history. Because of Jones / Stipe prior to getting canceled.

There just isn't the same sort of hype behind Jones fighting the next guy in line, who isn't a known commodity.

This is just baseless speculation. Stipe didn't draw shit in his prime and has been retired for 3 years.

Jones vs Gane did big numbers. Jones vs Aspinall would be even bigger and is the more relevant fight for the division. Aspinall has potential to be a draw, but he needs to be given the chance.

This is just baseless speculation. Stipe didn't draw shit in his prime and has been retired for 3 years.

Jones vs Gane did big numbers. Jones vs Aspinall would be even bigger and is the more relevant fight for the division. Aspinall has potential to be a draw, but he needs to be given the chance.
Your reading comprehension and ability to think seems painfully lacking.

Seems difficult for you to understand any point that differs from your own.

Jones has only ever been a draw with the right opponent. Stipe has never been a draw. 300-500k.

Back