How does Holland/Buckley 2 go?

Dana's Conscience

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I get that Buckley was at a big disadvantage in that he was making his (short-notice?) debut when they fought. With that being said, Kevin thoroughly clowned him on the feet. Debut or not, they were at completely different levels. I'm sure Buckley would do better now, but would he be able to swing the tide enough to actually win?

Oh please, Buckley didn't just have a disadvantage, he was outclassed from the get-go. Holland clowned him so hard, it was embarrassing to watch. Short notice or not, Buckley got his ass handed to him, and let's be real, he didn't stand a chance.

You think Buckley would do better now? Sure, maybe if he learned to actually fight instead of just throwing wild punches. But swing the tide enough to win? That's a joke. Holland's on a completely different level, and Buckley's still trying to figure out which way is up.

This isn't some feel-good underdog story where Buckley magically turns into a world-beater. Holland's gonna school him again, and it'll be just as brutal as the first time. Buckley fans better brace themselves for another beatdown.

Would be interesting to see a rematch at Welterweight, first fight being at Middleweight.

Holland's on a completely different level, and Buckley's still trying to figure out which way is up.
Buckley is #11 now whereas Holland is #15. I think Holland is actually worse than he used to be, back when he was new to the UFC he was really bringing 100% and overperforming. But now he seems washed cause he got into the Cowboy journeyman role where it's okay for him to lose as long as he puts on a fun show or steps up to save the card on short notice. It's not just the grappler losses but getting outstruck by 40+y/o Wonderboy, JDM, and MVP as well

I think Buckley would win in a rematch, seems like his technique and athleticism have gone up whereas Holland's have declined

Holland

Buckley is on a winning streak but he beat:
Fialho - entertaining fighter, but he was just a brawler (one with a bad chin) who got cut
Morono - decent, but not ranked level
Luque - one of my favorite fighters, but unfortunately limited in some aspects and 1-3 right now.
Ruziboev - a quite good striker, but Buckley wrestled him. Ruziboev should go to Khabib, in Dagestan, wrestle for a year, and come back.

Ruziboev - a quite good striker, but Buckley wrestled him. Ruziboev should go to Khabib, in Dagestan, wrestle for a year, and come back.

Buckley dropped Ruziboev twice standing.

I feel Buckley would beat Holland if they was to fight right now.

Holland

Buckley is on a winning streak but he beat:
Fialho - entertaining fighter, but he was just a brawler (one with a bad chin) who got cut
Morono - decent, but not ranked level
Luque - one of my favorite fighters, but unfortunately limited in some aspects and 1-3 right now.
Yeah like I barely see that many improvements in Buckley’s game tbh

Am I the only one that constantly gets Buckley and Minefield confused?

Nah, I do as well lol.

Same sort of hair and skin color + they both fight kinda similar - lots of big explosive moves.

I actually did a bet totally wrong because I got the two mixed up lol. It ended up winning though, so that was good lol.

I think it would be closer than people think and Buckley's cardio and grappling could win him the rematch.

Holland seems to be getting worse but maybe that's just me

Current Buckley will easily beat Holland. Buckley keeps improving and evolving, Kevin not so much.
Buckley could soon become a top 3-5 fighter in the division, Kevin not so much.
I say it as a Holland fan, but Buckley is just better across the board.

Holland is a bad match up for most strikers. I think he wins, but can see it being a lot closer.

Buckley has better hands and wayyy better footwork now.
He sure would look better but 5'8 vs 6'3 is a massive problem.

Going with Holland due to size and reach. Buckley could starve 2 weight classes down and Holland bulk 2 up.

yall trippin, it goes the same. Cardio wasn't a factor

Back