How would Alex Pereira vs prime Anderson Silva go?

Hard to say. Anderson looked incredible in his prime against reluctant and less skilled strikers, and Poatan is neither. He can pressure, he wouldnt be intimidated, he's got the range and he's likely more skilled in technical kickboxing than prime Anderson was.

I'm not sure, I think I lean towards Anderson just because prime Andy was amazing, but I could see how on paper Poatan would present a uniquely difficult challenge for him.
Great points made my friend. I agree

Easy Work

E8OE4K.gif

anderson+silva+forrest+griffin+knockout.gif
Yes, Alex pereira is going to rush in like forrest griffin

I would pick Anderson Silva in his prime over any MW ever. He could finish a guy in more ways than any fighter I have ever seen, and I've been watching since 1995! Silva by front kick KO.

Anderson Silva at like 40 years old still managed to have a few matrix moments vs a prime Adesanya

that should tell ya something!

closedpeskyfrenchbulldog-small.gif

That Silva was awesome. I already knew that. But being awesome and dominating Alex Pereira in what would've amounted to a kickboxing match in MMA gloves doesn't automatically compute.

Anderson Silva at like 40 years old still managed to have a few matrix moments vs a prime Adesanya

that should tell ya something!

closedpeskyfrenchbulldog-small.gif
Adesanyas always had disappointing boxing for how touted his kickboxing skill is. Plus pereira sets everything up with leg kicks, not left right left right to the Head that anderson could exploit

Would basically be a kick boxing match, anybody claiming Silva would just showboat his way to a highlight reel KO are being ever so slightly disingenuous.

But whenever one of these fantasy match ups that can’t be proved get brought up nostalgia always wins.

That Silva was awesome. I already knew that. But being awesome and dominating Alex Pereira in what would've amounted to a kickboxing match in MMA gloves doesn't automatically compute.

Sure. I wasn't saying he would dominate him or anything. You made a point that Forrest is dog shit on the feet compared to Poatan, which is true. But I just wanted to post some evidence that even way past his prime he could still hang with the guy that beat up Poatan every time they fought, even in the fights where he lost which makes it a good comparison to look at

Silva had a God chin in his prime.

At mw Silva takes it. At lhw its a toss up

Back