It's time for Gamrot vs Charles.

Interesting I see it as the most certain of Ls for him
I see Gamrot as a chinny wrestler with bad top control. Sure he can secure TD on Charles, but he wont be safe anywhere the fight goes. If it does hit the mat, Charles will have space to work sweeps/reversals and plenty of opportunities to latch a sub as Gamrot scrambles due to his inability to control positions.

I see Gamrot as a chinny wrestler with bad top control. Sure he can secure TD on Charles, but he wont be safe anywhere the fight goes. If it does hit the mat, Charles will have space to work sweeps/reversals and plenty of opportunities to latch a sub as Gamrot scrambles due to his inability to control positions.
I think Gamrot is too good at scrambling to get caught he'll just chain wrestle Charles for 15 mins. that's what i see happening.

Why would they make this matchup?

It could be a fun fight for sure, but it does nothing for the division. They are not giving Gamrot a title shot, he would have gotten it already in October if they would.

I think trusts the idea here, winner gets next title shot after Arman. Makes complete sense

I think trusts the idea here, winner gets next title shot after Arman. Makes complete sense
Unless there is someone coming from a loss and a out of top 10 win, but the timing just seems to be right…

Reactions: JKS
Moicano or Gamrot sound good, but Oli is getting older so I hope he doesn't take too much time off so he can regain some momentum back sooner than later. Maybe August/September?

Moicano or Gamrot sound good, but Oli is getting older so I hope he doesn't take too much time off so he can regain some momentum back sooner than later. Maybe August/September?
Even if he fights before the end of this year and wins in spectacular fashion, what do you think how long it would still take to get him another shot at the title?

There might be Poirier, Arman, Max and maybe even Justin in front of him.

Even if he fights before the end of this year and wins in spectacular fashion, what do you think how long it would still take to get him another shot at the title?

There might be Poirier, Arman, Max and maybe even Justin in front of him.
At least he'd be in the conversation if he got a win, it's better then coming off a loss right now.
Again it's just a momentum thing at the moment and if he gets a big win or two then it he'd still be right up there with the rest. Easier said then done, but still that's prolly the best way to another shot.

Last edited:
I would agree that his chin seems a bit suspect as of late and his top control needs a lot of work but he said in interviews that he doesn't mind taking people down over and over if they get up and that he actually always welcome the BJJ scrambles, which he said no one is willing to oblige with him that's why he actually hopes Oliveira would. I think styles make fights as proven by Arman vs Gamrot. If someone is willing to engage with Gamrot in BJJ and wrestling then it should be a hell of a fight. Charles probably would. The problem is he is much better than Gamrot in standup and so he could just have his way there. However, I don't think he can stop Gamrot's takedowns. This fight would be fun I think.

Gamrot was having issues with Jalin Turner. I’m not sold on his skills yet. I got Charles by UD.

Good fight, whoever loses is destined to live out the rest of their career as gatekeeper to the top 5.

Sorry, I'm no Rastaman my friend

main-qimg-a971610c08ad30f8c504e1490dc97a20

Back