News Jared Cannonier vs. Nassourdine Imavov headlines UFC Fight Night: Louisville on June 8

Who wins?

• Total voters

Koala

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

Rumour on Twitter (ARENA MMA) that Imavov and Cannonier could be fighting on Saudi Arabia in the Chimaev vs Whittaker card or on a Fight Night event in June. I think it doesn't make sense for Cannonier but it could be a good match-up for Imavov that could point strike for three rounds Cannonier and get into the top 5

What do you think? Does it make sense for Cannonier?

It's official.

Strickland vs Costa then?

That's intriguing, I thought Cannonier was going to fight Costa. Now I'm curious about what's planned for Costa. This is a huge chance for Nassourdine and props to Cannonier for taking a fight against a lower ranked opponent. Wishing both fighters all the best.

This fight does not make any sense for Jared to take right now. I know he's probably wanting to get back in there sooner than later but this just ain't the right move.. and it's certainly ain't fair to him to be fighting down when he's the only one with any momentum in the top 5 at 185 right now.

So what's Strickland doing?
Not fighting. Crying.

I mean, on the flipside it keeps him active, and it's not like winning can decrease his momentum. It's probably smarter than taking a risk losing against another top 5.

So he gets a win over Strickland, then a win over Vettori, and now he's fighting Imavov...

If he wins this, I expect he'll next be fighting Abus Magomedov.

He'll be fighting for the LFA title in no time

So he gets a win over Strickland, then a win over Vettori, and now he's fighting Imavov...

If he wins this, I expect he'll next be fighting Abus Magomedov.

He'll be fighting for the LFA title in no time

He's also coming off an ACL injury.

If Jared wins, there's a good chance he is able to fight for the belt... if DDP is still champ.

I don't think UFC has any interest in Cannonier/Izzy 2.

Costa fighting Strickland could be an attempt at getting Costa a title shot as well.

they just wanted to make a fight with good guys to fill in any MW dropouts

He's also coming off an ACL injury.

If Jared wins, there's a good chance he is able to fight for the belt... if DDP is still champ.

I don't think UFC has any interest in Cannonier/Izzy 2.

Costa fighting Strickland could be an attempt at getting Costa a title shot as well.
None of those old generation fighters are getting a title shot again, except for Izzy.
That inclues Costa, Vettori, Whittaker, Cannonier.
The new generation fighters are taking over the middleweight division.

I'd prefer this for 302 if at all. Cannonier definitely getting screwed but he seems fine with it as he alreadu accepted Dolidze last fall.

Back