Last/Next Concert(s) and tour/show announcement thread

I was invited with a free ticket to see Megadeth/Amon Amarth/Suicidal Tendencies in October

I just saw prophets of rage last night at shoreline amphitheater in San Jose......meh...honestly it kind of sucked. I was not happy with their song selection. Between Rage, Public Enemy and Cyress Hill they have so many songs that they could have chosen from, but they played some obscure stuff. Plus the god damn dj literally just spun and scratched records ranging from nirvana to soundgarden. It just sucked all the energy out of the arena before they even started playing.
I really wanted to like this band, but man...honestly they sucked. B-Real was great, but Chuck D, I fuckin like that guy, but he just did not fit in to the group at all. Very disappointing. Grade: D.

last: Soilwork
next: Acid king

This on Sunday:
http://www.wolfhometownthrowdown.com/

Parmalee, Jon Pardi, and Lynch are really the only ones I give a damn about.

Then, sadly, FGL in November BUT this guy will be performing too:

And I have tickets to Eric Church's show at the Tacoma Dome in March. Like, 3rd row in the fucking pit type tickets.

Last: Back to School Jam 2016 (hardcore thing with like 16 bands)
Next: Dinosaur Jr.
Beyond excited to see Dinosaur Jr. live, my ears are ready to be destroyed

Last: The Protomen, The Hawthorne Theater, Portland, Oregon. (Rock opera style band based off Mega Man.)

Saw Monomyth (psychedelic rock) and Wu Tang Clan's Ghostface Killah + Killah Priest last week.

Last was Mark Lanagan, next is Pixies in December, can't wait.

Summer Slaughter Tour last weekend. That was fucking great.

Then I have Haken and Thank You Scientist 9/9 and The Devin Townsend Project/Between the Buried and Me on 9/13. Probably going to catch The Dillinger Escape Plan on their final tour in October.
So I've been upsetting some children on Reddit in the "prog metal" sub my opinion of Thank You Scientist. First I would like to know if you consider them prog metal. Because I don't think they are anything close to it. Second explain yourself for liking those vocals.

So I've been upsetting some children on Reddit in the "prog metal" sub my opinion of Thank You Scientist. First I would like to know if you consider them prog metal. Because I don't think they are anything close to it. Second explain yourself for liking those vocals.

Thank You Scientist isn't metal at all. They're definitely a prog rock band, though.

I just like the dudes voice. It's a binary. Either I do or don't. I can't explain it.

That's cool
Thank You Scientist isn't metal at all. They're definitely a prog rock band, though.

I just like the dudes voice. It's a binary. Either I do or don't. I can't explain it.
Cool thanks man. They are being little crybaby bitches and said if Dream Theater was metal then TYS was. They are talented that's for sure but for me and not metal.

Recent:
Sammy Hagar and the circle
John 5
Deadland ritual
Winery dogs
Local rockabilly and blues band

Upcoming
Maiden
Ufo/armored saint
Mastodon (for son)
Ozzy hahaha. That shows never happening

???
May go see the cult tonight. Waiting for coffee to wake me up

I went and saw Local H on Wednesday night. My current next concerts are:

A Ghost cover band..$10 I mean it's worth a shot?
Slipknot/Volbeat/Gojira/Behemoth
Flogging Molly/Social Distortion
Sebastian Bach

Gotta get around to see these guys at some point next

The Specials on Tuesday, and Wand on the 25th.
I’ve got tickets to see The Growlers, King Gizzard, Stereolab, Built to Spill, Oh Sees.
It’s likely that I’ll see Massive Attack.

Saw Swervedriver, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, and Foals recently. Coming up I've got King Gizzard and Stereolab.

Megadeth and Suicidal Tendencies at the Warfield a few years ago.
first show in many years.
before that was Montrose at the old Fillmore West before they tore it down.

Gojira / Black Peaks / Rolo Tomassi in Birmingham on 29th June.

Last one was Press To Meco about 3 weeks ago.

Back