-Startin to think I didn't hit enough depth the first time I got them all

SOHP
90X5
90X5
90X4
90X3
90X3
90X2

-That 90 lbs is playing hard to get, gonna try to romance it a little Sunday.

DEADLIFT
205X5
205X5
205X5
205X5
205X5

-Man I love me some dead lifts.

*Reflections*
I didn't get all the reps I went after today, but I couldn't have tried harder. I am more satisfied than I normally would be after missing so many reps. I really want to improve my SOHP so I can 1RM my BW.

like I told Jay before, I put about 30 lbs on my SOHP in a couple months simply by pushing myself everytime, and forcing alot of reps, and often missing alot as well.

like I told Jay before, I put about 30 lbs on my SOHP in a couple months simply by pushing myself everytime, and forcing alot of reps, and often missing alot as well.

Thanks for the advice, I have been watching a lot of vids and read the SS section on SOHP before this last session. Are there any tips that you discovered that were kind of like Ah-hah moments for SOHP?

Sledge Hammer Levering (equal amounts done for each arm)
1x5 Forward lever
1x5 Reverse lever
1x5 Side to side lever
1x5 Helicopters (both directions)

-I am wondering if there is a trick so that the forward levers don't hurt as much on the soft area between my thumb and index finger.

-Studying the hook grip tonight, gonna try some power cleans tomorrow.
-Also just bought BJ Penn's The Closed Guard book, hopefully this will inspire me to make time for some grappling. Man I miss it.

Hang Cleans
95X7
95X7
95X6
95X6
95X7

-My gym doesn't really have any place for dropping weights so I want to do some hang cleans until I get comfortable with the motion and that way I won't drop it as often in theory.

SOHP
90X5
90X5
90X5
90X4
90X4
90X2

-That 90 lbs is still being a tease, she will put out next time.

SQUATS
185X1
135X5
135X5
135X5
135X5
135X5

-muscles were feeling really tight and sore. I decided to do some easier work so that I won't risk injury or anything. When it concerns the groin muscles I am extra careful. In retrospect I prob should have tried to do some warm up squats first. Well I guess you live and you learn

*Reflections*
Today wasn't a good lift day, but hopefully I will do better next time.

nice squats on the 18th! im gona try 165x5x5 next week i hope i can do all reps n have the same gains

nice squats on the 18th! im gona try 165x5x5 next week i hope i can do all reps n have the same gains

Thanks, your dead lifts are looking pretty sharp. I will have to try to catch up to you there. Good luck!

just finished checking out your log. nice to see the improvement in every page :icon_chee that SOHP really is a b*tch, i'm also looking for that "Ah-hah" tip for it. so far this is the only one i've found:

YouTube - Mark Rippetoe: Weighted Press 2

i'll try it out tomorrow when i go to the gym.

Good luck with your goals.

A belated welcome to the logs

3 mi easy jog, pretty sure I missed an opportunity to talk to a chick. I was stretching and she was about 3 feet from my face doing leg curls. Who knows *shrug.*

just finished checking out your log. nice to see the improvement in every page :icon_chee that SOHP really is a b*tch, i'm also looking for that "Ah-hah" tip for it. so far this is the only one i've found:

YouTube - Mark Rippetoe: Weighted Press 2

i'll try it out tomorrow when i go to the gym.

Good luck with your goals.

I have watched every video from the race to 185 sohp thread, read the SS book, and I got some good stuff. I am having trouble trying to figure out what Rippetoe means by keep your chest up. Let me know when you get things sorted out, but the tip that has helped me the most is looking forward while moving my head around the bar.

A belated welcome to the logs

Thank ya sir, much obliged.

BENCH
145X5
145X5
145X5
150X5
150X5

-No spotter, gonna have to get used to that. My training partner is a tad on the flaky side.

HANGCLEAN
95X5
95X5
95X5
95X5
95X5

-Maybe I will try the full motion sunday.

DEADLIFT
225X5
225X5
225X5

-I'm comin for yeh Jay! But seriously... these weren't bad, my form didn't break down though I did feel kind of numb in my lower back. I bet jumping 20 lbs isn't always a good idea, but this time it worked out for me.

Nice progress on deads there, good sir. How's the training for halfmarathon going?
I did one quite exactly a year ago only with my soccer cardio, shouldnt be too hard.
Then again, I was about 45 lbs lighter back then.

Nice progress on deads there, good sir. How's the training for halfmarathon going?
I did one quite exactly a year ago only with my soccer cardio, shouldnt be too hard.
Then again, I was about 45 lbs lighter back then.

Thanks! My lower back is a little sore, but feels a lot better than it did last night. The half-marathon training is kind of half-assed lately. I have ran a half marathon before just for fun on a training day, but now that I am not running like that I don't know how I will do. I think I might be putting Fedorable's theory of cardio being mostly mental to the test.

BENCH
155X5
155X5
155X5
155X5
155X4 (fail on 5th, really close to getting it).

SQUAT
155X5
155X5
155X5
155X5
155X5

-Taking it easy on the legs this week, 1/2 marathon this sunday.

8 mile jog @ 1h30 pace. Tried to take it at an easy jog and use the next two days to recover for the race. Felt good, didn't breath hard at all the whole time.

10/2/09

1.5 mi easy jog, I did it at 2am after working on a paper all day. Too sleepy to run more than that.

Half marathon tomorrow.

Ran a half marathon race today (13.1 mi). My finishing time was 2h25. My 6 mile time was 55 minutes, my legs stopped wanting to work at mile 10 or 11 so that made me slow down quite a bit.

Back