Motherf*****g tennis elbow?

mr.sandman

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Sooo. Today i was working out and i started my workout with kettlebell snatches. This is exercise i have fairly small expirience with. I was snatching the 28 kg bell and letting it drop overhead and snatching it again. I was dropping it a little wrong so the full weight of the falling bell probably fell and pulled on my forearm. I didnt feel anything but suddenly as i caught the bell my right arm developed this big pain in the tennis elbow location. This location was hurting for me couple weeks ago also but i rested for a week and it went away. But now the pain is manny times worse . Ive never had tennis elbow before but im struggling with golfers elbow for 1,5 years, its pretty much gone away now but i still feel it sometimes.

Im so pissed at myself. I dont need to be snatching at all im not a competitive athlete so i dont need to train explosive power. I really hope this pain goes away and i dont develop fucking tennis elbow. I been making decent progress lately and i dont fucking need this shit

Hopefully its not tennis elbow i just bumped the tendon abit and the pain will go away in couple days- week

Last edited:
Do the half snatch if you must, takes the shitty part of the move out of it and keeps the beneficial part

I think I have located the pain location and its not tennis elbow but something called radial tunnel syndrome. The pain is in the top of the forearm muscle near the elbow joint. I dont know if this is good news or not but i think its better then tennis elbow

Last edited:
I think I have located the pain location and its not tennis elbow but something called radial tunnel syndrome. The pain is in the top of the forearm muscle near the elbow joint. I dont know if this is good news or not but i think its better then tennis elbow
Doing too many pull ups or cleans would make that area hurt after a week of repetitive moves. Twist bar or flex bar , whatever they call that rubber thing you grab and twist on , it helped for the pain.

Could you drop the KB back to rack then to ground? Or does that position have same issue.

I used to get it so bad my elbow wouldn't straighten and I had to wear a sling until the inflammation went down.

I used to get it so bad my elbow wouldn't straighten and I had to wear a sling until the inflammation went down.
Used to do entirely too many basic pull ups until it hurt to pull or press down.

Switched up to rings, ropes, various grips, globes, fat bar ; seemed to strengthen that elbow region enough that it can handle much more volume at angles. Bar cleans were a mother fker in rack.

Used to do entirely too many basic pull ups until it hurt to pull or press down.

Switched up to rings, ropes, various grips, globes, fat bar ; seemed to strengthen that elbow region enough that it can handle much more volume at angles. Bar cleans were a mother fker in rack.
Mine in particular got fucked up from cleaning the 48kg kettlebell. Unracking to try and do another rep, the forearm hated that motion

Doing too many pull ups or cleans would make that area hurt after a week of repetitive moves. Twist bar or flex bar , whatever they call that rubber thing you grab and twist on , it helped for the pain.

Could you drop the KB back to rack then to ground? Or does that position have same issue.
Yep ofcourse i could but if this thing heals up, i aint even looking at a kettlebell for some time. Fuck that kind of throwing weight around. I hate injuries. In my normal weightlifting im a form nazi ( within reason ofcourse). My training has good form and im careful and i never get hurt. Im gonna stick to bench, pullups, overhead press, squats, curls etc.

Yep ofcourse i could but if this thing heals up, i aint even looking at a kettlebell for some time. Fuck that kind of throwing weight around. I hate injuries. In my normal weightlifting im a form nazi ( within reason ofcourse). My training has good form and im careful and i never get hurt. Im gonna stick to bench, pullups, overhead press, squats, curls etc.
That's a solid approach. If it hurts, don't do it. I've seen people with super strict form that never deviate from structure and they have great results. Machine keeps running.
KB has that athletic flow to it so they have their attraction in a world of mobility.

Stick with swings: they have all the benefit of the snatch and are much, much safer. I think it's detrimental to your fitness to eliminate them because they give you so, so much in terms of athletic ability and fitness.

Back