My big stupid hype trains thread.

And Midaev looked much bigger than Evgeniy. I never understand fighters being so stupid about what weight they fight at, Evgeniy should be at 135lbs and in a major promotion as soon as possible.
In post-fight interview Ignatiev agreed for rematch. I thought Midaev gonna announce that he retires, because he said that in preparation for this fight he only trained and traveled between gym and his rented apartament.

imagem_2023-07-19_183449941.png

Marcio Barbosa

Country - Brazil
Weight Class - Featherweight
Promotion - LFA
Team - RD Champions
Record : 15-2

Thought I'd hyped Ticoto before but he's not on my list so I'd better rectify that.

Anyway this dude has ridiculous power for featherweight, to the point where he's just able to march good fighters down and throw hands until he can get them out of there. There's some very good regional fighters who just seem completely unable to stop the swarm of offence and the battering they receive. Once he clocks people clean once it seems to be over unless the person is Gabriel Santos.

I might be jumping the gun but here's someone to add to your list Damien Anderson he just made his pro debut this month at Fury Challenger Series in Texas at 145 won via T/KO in the first but he's an ADCC US trials medalist at 66KG and is making the switch to focus on MMA 26 years old. Figures to drop to 135 in the future.

Below is a vid of him doing a round w Song Yadong. He's someone I expect see on the contenders series in the next 2 years. Hop on the train early

Here's the finish in his pro debut

Myktybek_Orolbay.jpg

Myktybek Orolbai

Country - Kyrgyzstan
Weight Class - Welterweight
Promotion - LFA
Team - Uulu Team/Team Alpha Male
Record : 11-1-1

I know this seems to be somewhat of a Kyrgyzstan appreciation thread at the moment but these dudes are doing well.

Anyway, Orolbai had been doing well in LFA, but some critics had suggested he was maybe a bit wrestling heavy. In this fight he decided to strike and although he was in there with a bit of a journeyman he still looked impressive doing it, throwing with power and coming forward effectively before finishing the fights with one of the most brutal uppercuts you'll ever see. He then called for his UFC shot and he probably deserves it.

Congrats to UFC Myktybek Orolbai
UFC Fight Night 232 (Las Vegas) vs. Uros Medic

Last edited:
Untitledda.jpg

Aboubakar Younousov

Country - France
Weight Class - Bantamweight
Promotion - ARES
Team - ?
Record : 4-0

Not sure where Younousov's full time camp is but he seems to spend a lot of time training with Khamzat. Anyway, this past weekend was a big step up for the dude as he went from running through guys with a similar experience levels to a 10-2 former title challenger in Moustapha Aida.

He handled the step up no problem, winning the wrestling exchanges to get ahead and putting an impressive pace on before finding an awesome spinning back elbow for the finish to take the ARES title.

1628102710chapolin.jpg

Eduardo Chapolin

Country - Brazil
Weight Class - Flyweight
Promotion - LFA
Team - Team Lucas Mineiro
Record : 12-2

Chapolin has been hyped before, but then had a slightly disappointing loss to Davi Bittencourt. He seems to have learned from that fight and turned into Chapolin 2.0 with new and improved takedown defence. He looked very impressive at the weekend in wrenching the LFA title from Cody Davis, proving very tough for a decent wrestler to take down and able to stay on his feet and beat him up and turn him over and get on top when Davis got too desperate for a takedown, before working his way to a round 4 finish.

This version of Chapolin might be UFC ready.

FYI, the Younousov brothers train at MMA Factory in Paris with Cereal Gain and William Gomis
I am not even sure they can leave the EU as they might be political refugees or something around that
Fun fact his brother won his last fight with the same takedown feint-spinning back elbow

juandiaz1.jpg

Juan Diaz

Country - Peru
Promotion - LUX Fight League
Team - Alfa Team

Pegajoso looked more impressive than ever last night in beating the shit out of LUX champ Jose Roura to take the belt home. Really impressive boxing performance as he looked comfortable managing the range, putting combos together and was perhaps best at landing punches on exits and off pivots at times when Roura wasn't expecting to be landed on.

Also showed a bit of his grappling that he's shown in previous fights, easily fending off and threatening with chokes as Roura got more tired and started to try and threaten with grappling later in the fight.

Dude's only loss is a very debateable decision to the also UFC level Gato Loco Rodrigo Vera, so Pegajoso must be very close.

Last edited:
According to Vartanyan Manny Gamburyan talked to Dana White about him. Still, UFC and Shelby doesn’t want to sign him even for “novice” contract. He is ready to take short notice fights even at WW and thinks about MW. Trains in Las Vegas and thinks that maybe for events there, there might be offers. Plans to stay in US until February, thinks chances to get signed are around 10 %.

According to Vartanyan Manny Gamburyan talked to Dana White about him. Still, UFC and Shelby doesn’t want to sign him even for “novice” contract. He is ready to take short notice fights even at WW and thinks about MW. Trains in Las Vegas and thinks that maybe for events there, there might be offers. Plans to stay in US until February, thinks chances to get signed are around 10 %.
Ya but they signed Carlos Vera! A 36 yr old regional talent!

juandiaz1.jpg

Juan Diaz

Country - Argentina
Promotion - LUX Fight League
Team - Alfa Team
He's not from Argentina, he's from Peru. I know this is how Tapology has him listed, but unfortunately it's not accurate.

Also, he trains at Entram Gym, not Alfa Team. That's significant as the Entram Gym manager has a good relationship with the UFC and he manages some of the fighters who have competed on DWCS.

Last edited:

Just shitty all together, if they don't want him, tell him right away instead of having him jump through stupid hoops and even then maybe they will sign you. Also just proves that the UFC is in bed with Ali, Iridium, and the other agents. They all work together to keep fighter pay down

Ridiculous from the UFC. He's one of those fighters you definitely feel it's their loss if they don't sign him, especially when he's as good as he is and when he's open to accepting their offer which will be less than what he's already making.

16. Kevin Vallejos - 21/Argentina/11-1

Vallejos wasn't quite ready for DWCS and drops a bit although I still believe in him.
Yeah, I can agree. I thought the win over Garagorri was an indication he was ready and that he would beat Jean Silva, but he clearly wasn't. He spent some time at the Goat Shed Academy after DWCS. He has what should be a bounce back fight for him lined up in a few weeks at SFH 14.

Mauro Mastromarini, who I like a lot has a fight on the same card. He moved up in his last fight and fought a massive experienced fighter in Juanpi Varela. Juanpi doesn't have the best record, but it was Mauro's first time competing in the division and the size difference was noticeable, he still edged a SD in a 5 round fight. I think he's set at 135 though. I asked him about 125 and he said he could make the weight, but the only way he would move down is if it's with an offer to get signed by the UFC.

Last edited:
Ya but they signed Carlos Vera! A 36 yr old regional talent!
Vartanyan said that UFC doesn’t care what happens outside of US and maybe they want him to win a fight in Titan or LFA. So yeah, according to this - Vera was on TUF so it makes sense.

Vartanyan said that UFC doesn’t care what happens outside of US and maybe they want him to win a fight in Titan or LFA. So yeah, according to this - Vera was on TUF so it makes sense.
So fucking ridiculous. It's gotta be a joke or the UFC matchmakers are just complete idiots.

Untitledd.jpg

Kamal Magomedov

Country - Russia
Weight Class - Welterweight
Promotion - BRAVE
Team - Gladius Gym
Record : 11-0

The main knock on Kamal has usually been lack of decent competition, however he got a good quality opponent here in BRAVE champ and former UFC fighter Marcin Bandel and he knocked him out inside a round. Not the most technical striker but comes forward with big power and in this fight was doing a great job with nailing Bandel with big knees up the middle as he came forward. Now he's champ it's probably sink or swim in a big promotion time give that he's already 32.

pro_.mma_kg_20211209_8.png

Kubanychbek Abdisalam Uulu

Country - Kyrgyzstan
Weight Class - Lightweight
Promotion - BRAVE
Team - Ihlhas
Record : 21-3

Ended his last couple of dominant but boringish performances by coming out like a man possessed against Lucas Martins, to get him out of there in the first round. He was actually outboxing and catching a decent kickboxer like Martins in the first before using it to get into his grappling. If he can perform more like this he might actually attract the UFC's attention, especially now he's on a 13 fight win streak.

Back