My big stupid hype trains thread.

Kang-Ji-Won-3.jpg

Kang Ji Won

Country - South Korea
Weight Class - Heavyweight
Promotion - ONE Championship
Record : 5-0

I'm not sure how good this guy really is tbh however.

a) He just knocked out Amir Aliakbari
b) He's clearly tough as shit
c) He clearly has KO power
d) He does all this while looking like a giant baby
e) It's not like there's a load of young heavyweights to get excited about

Kang-Ji-Won-3.jpg

Kang Ji Won

Country - South Korea
Weight Class - Heavyweight
Promotion - ONE Championship
Record : 5-0

I'm not sure how good this guy really is tbh however.

a) He just knocked out Amir Aliakbari
b) He's clearly tough as shit
c) He clearly has KO power
d) He does all this while looking like a giant baby
e) It's not like there's a load of young heavyweights to get excited about
I think we should all stop calling him "the Korean dude" lmao. Maybe he is legit. I guess after a couple of W's he will evolve to "the Korean dude who KTFO Aliakbari", then to Ji Won.

I think we should all stop calling him "the Korean dude" lmao. Maybe he is legit. I guess after a couple of W's he will evolve to "the Korean dude who KTFO Aliakbari", then to Ji Won.

Yeah he'll probably triangle Buchecha next or something.

Amir don't know yet how to fight southpaw, he rushed his work and got caught that's it. I hope he can comeback however.

Amir don't know yet how to fight southpaw, he rushed his work and got caught that's it. I hope he can comeback however.

Yeah it was also two years of ring rust with the whole signing for the UFC but not being allowed to fight for them in the end debacle. He'll be fine I'm sure.

Good week for prospect spotting this week, got my eye on...

21 year old 7-0 Husein Kadimagomaev in Brave on Wednesday

25 year old 2-0 Serra/Longo product Phumi Nkuta taking on 5-1 Santo Curatolo hype train derailer Alberto Trujillo in CFFC on Thursday

8-2 streaking South African Mark Hulme in ACA on Friday

The DWCS vets fight between Aaron Jeffrey and Collin Huckbody in CFFC on Friday as well as 5-0 flying knee KO dude Yohan Lainesse

18-3 Diego Lopes on Lux Fight league on Friday

Then a bunch of people on the Friday LFA card.

Good times.

Caught the CFFC show.

Pretty impressed with these guys (but not quite enough to get a hype train entry just yet).

Phumi Nkuta (3-0 Flw) - Dominated an extremely tough guy in Alberto Trujillo who beat Santo Curatolo in his last fight. I'd like to see a little more urgency to finish from him, but to do that to a guy like Trujillo in only his third pro fight is impressive.

Saidyokub Kakharamonov (8-2 BW) - This dude is all go when he gets the opportunity, Tycen Lynn was managing to tie him up when he got hurt, but whenever he got free it was non stop offence. Very reckless and could get caught as he has in the past, but always entertaining.

Christian Rodriguez (5-0 FW) - Good methodical performance slowly picking apart his opponent, solid TDD and good shot variety, I'd like to see more of him.

@Hellowhosthat how do you see Rafa vs Haqparast going? Is Rafa being thrown to the wolves or am I rating Haqparast too highly?

Caught the CFFC show.

Pretty impressed with these guys (but not quite enough to get a hype train entry just yet).

Phumi Nkuta (3-0 Flw) - Dominated an extremely tough guy in Alberto Trujillo who beat Santo Curatolo in his last fight. I'd like to see a little more urgency to finish from him, but to do that to a guy like Trujillo in only his third pro fight is impressive.

Saidyokub Kakharamonov (8-2 BW) - This dude is all go when he gets the opportunity, Tycen Lynn was managing to tie him up when he got hurt, but whenever he got free it was non stop offence. Very reckless and could get caught as he has in the past, but always entertaining.

Christian Rodriguez (5-0 FW) - Good methodical performance slowly picking apart his opponent, solid TDD and good shot variety, I'd like to see more of him.
As far as talent recruitment, are the LFA and CFFA the best regional promotions in the US? These promotions have extremely good talent scouts and have consistently good champions and challengers. A few years ago, I would have said LFA was the top promotion, no doubt. But recently Titan FC and mainly CFFA have done a great job at scouting talent. CW and Brave in Europe are the other ones I see with the most promising prospects.

@Hellowhosthat how do you see Rafa vs Haqparast going? Is Rafa being thrown to the wolves or am I rating Haqparast too highly?

It's a big step up for Rafa. His biggest win previously is probably Humberto Bandenay who's very talented but also kinda retarded. He's quite a meat and potatoes style fighter and pretty disciplined in his fight approach, I don't expect him to make any mistakes but Nasrat has a high level of athleticism and skill whereas I think Rafa gets by more on hard work. There's nothing really remarkable about him, but he's a solid grafter, I would lean towards Nasrat, especially on short notice.

As far as talent recruitment, are the LFA and CFFA the best regional promotions in the US? These promotions have extremely good talent scouts and have consistently good champions and challengers. A few years ago, I would have said LFA was the top promotion, no doubt. But recently Titan FC and mainly CFFA have done a great job at scouting talent. CW and Brave in Europe are the other ones I see with the most promising prospects.

Yep, I think you're spot on with that assessment. I would go

1. LFA
2. CFFC
3. Titan
4. CES

Good week for prospect spotting this week, got my eye on...

21 year old 7-0 Husein Kadimagomaev in Brave on Wednesday

25 year old 2-0 Serra/Longo product Phumi Nkuta taking on 5-1 Santo Curatolo hype train derailer Alberto Trujillo in CFFC on Thursday

8-2 streaking South African Mark Hulme in ACA on Friday

The DWCS vets fight between Aaron Jeffrey and Collin Huckbody in CFFC on Friday as well as 5-0 flying knee KO dude Yohan Lainesse

18-3 Diego Lopes on Lux Fight league on Friday

Then a bunch of people on the Friday LFA card.

Good times.

Great thread. Do you use ipptv & dazn? If so how do they work for you? Just wondering how you view so many varied organizations & how well the streams work. I subscribe to fight pass & espn+ & they both work well for me on my imac & also on big tv via xbox one. Haven't tried dazn or ipptv or any of the other ones but willing to give them a try. Just don't like watching on a cell phone though 'cause it hurst my eyes lol. Enjoy reading your takes.

Great thread. Do you use ipptv & dazn? If so how do they work for you? Just wondering how you view so many varied organizations & how well the streams work. I subscribe to fight pass & espn+ & they both work well for me on my imac & also on big tv via xbox one. Haven't tried dazn or ipptv or any of the other ones but willing to give them a try. Just don't like watching on a cell phone though 'cause it hurst my eyes lol. Enjoy reading your takes.

I use Fight Pass for whatever is on there, anything else I usually end up torrenting.

EDIT - Some orgs put their shows on YouTube too, so it's worth checking on there.

I use Fight Pass for whatever is on there, anything else I usually end up torrenting.

EDIT - Some orgs put their shows on YouTube too, so it's worth checking on there.

Cool. Yeah, ONE is great about putting their stuff up on YT quickly. Gotta remember to use fight pass more often. I have it for Invicta and don't use it much. Especially since Invicta is leaving fight pass.

Back