PBP ONE Fight Night 17: Kryklia vs. Roberts, Fri. 12/8, 8 PM ET/5 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins the One Championship heavyweight muay thai belt?

• Alex Roberts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
onefn17.jpg

Roman Kryklia will take on Alex Roberts for the inaugural One Championship muay thai heavyweight title in the ONE on Prime Video 17 main event on Friday at Lumpinee Boxing Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand. Meanwhile, Jo Nattawut squares off with Luke Lessei when their muay thai featherweight showcase serves as the co-headliner.

ONE on Prime Video 17 “Kryklia vs. Roberts”—which streams to Amazon Prime Video at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT—also shines the spotlight on a muay thai catchweight attraction matching Saemapetch Fairtex with Mohamed Younes Rabah at 150 pounds, a muay thai lightweight showcase pitting Dmitry Menshikov against Mouhcine Chafi and a pair of muay thai flyweight battles, as Walter Goncalves meets Jacob Smith and Edgar Tabares faces Johan Ghazali.

A closer look at the ONE on Prime Video 17 particulars:

THE LINEUP (all muay thai)​

265: Roman Kryklia vs. Alex Roberts
155: Jo Nattawut vs. Luke Lessei
150: Saemapetch Fairtex vs. Mohamed Younes Rabah
170: Dmitry Menshikov vs. Mouhcine Chafi
135: Walter Goncalves vs. Jacob Smith
135: Edgar Tabares vs. Johan Ghazali
135: Nguyen Tran Duy Nhat vs. Denis Puric
120: Thongpoon PK Saenchai vs. Ellis Badr Barboza

THE RUNDOWN

Preview
3 Reasons to Watch One on Prime Video 17
5 Things You Might Not Know About Roman Kryklia
Johan Ghazali: A Muay Thai Star for Today, Tomorrow

Man, I have to admit this Amazon card is a bit disappointing.
Not enough Thais, and no Thai on Thai violence. :(

This looks more like one of their free 6AM cards than a Prime Video card.

At this point they’re just trying to make everyone a “double-champion”. Roman Kryklia is really wasting his prime years against weak competition at ONE Championship.
I would love ONE to trade Kryklia with someone like Petch from GLORY (who’s also out of new challengers)

This is worse than their Friday morning cards. To be honest, most of the Amazon cards are worse than the Friday morning ones.

I thought there was hardly any MMA on those Friday morning cards? Actually there's hardly any MMA on the Prime cards, but I figured the ones on Youtube were duds.

Anyway, I'm going to catch up on all of those during the month-long break.

Nice! Will be able to watch it via YT over here - might catch a couple of these fights! One on Friday night is always fun :)

will still watch all of it. three thais. no thai on thai violence. jo nattawot is one to look out for, he beat tawanchai, was beaten by the judges though. and it's all for free on amazon prime.

the bigger event though, K1 Rebirth at 7:30 PM western time, free on abema.tv with dat VPN. Do yourselves a favor and watch BOTH.

LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Back