Paddy Pimblett Bandwaggon!

I think the problem is less with UFC matchmaking and more with their cash cows skill level.

Gordon isn’t bad by any means, but he was hitting Paddy with the same combo practically every time he threw it. Paddy never really adapted or figured out a way to turn the tides, and frankly just looked like a mid tier fighter. I generally enjoy his personality and think he has a fun style to watch, but his post fight antics aren’t going to win him any fans.

His next fight well tell us a lot about his career’s trajectory, but I think if he’s paired up against a top 10 guy, he’s likely going to lose in a much more convincing way.

Paddy seems a lot more likable than Ariel, but it's insane how everyone just hates on the guy after that beef.
To be fair, you're judging on who seems more likeable, whereas most of the ppl you describe as "hating" are, in fact, judging by the evidence and facts.

I agree Paddy "seems more likeable" but that doesn't erase the snake shit he pulled. I imagine it has more to do with his manager than him. But, as a fighter, if you ever find yourself sitting with your exploitative boss, who is robbing you blind, and bullying a guy who has always given you a platform, even when nobody knew your name, and in fact called your boss out for exploiting you..... and you find yourself licking your boss' balls...... you need to look in the mirror and check yourself.

Being likeable does NOT excuse that kind of behaviour. And lying about pretty much every interaction he used as fodder to build his "case" against Ariel is another low quality trait. I agree he seems likeable. But kissing ass, bullying, and qualities many humans find objectionable, even on a likeable guy.

I think if you dislike Ariel for any of his many, many flaws, then you might not care about the character of the guy who's lying on him and might just be onside with whoever that guy shows himself to be. But to call those who are not judging by personality "haters" is childish.

C'mon son. That's like going to court with someone, perjuring yourself over and over while the defendant produces exhibit after exhibit of evidence, and then calling the judge a "hater" for against you when you clearly "seem a lot more likeable".

C'mon son. You can like Paddy all you want, but you can't chalk up the public reaction to his low behaviour to simple "hate". If it were a simple popularity contest, I think Paddy would win and I'd agree we were all just "hating".

But it's a conflict where one side produced evidence to underscore their claim of goodwill while the other side produced nothing but lies and bullying. And ass kissing. And lack of integrity.

C'mon son. I am not a guy who has watched Ariel in maybe 3-4 years and I do find him to be a shit disturber, so this does NOT come from a place of "liking Ariel more" as much as a place of personal integrity. Seeing how he conducted himself in this dispute actually made me gain a lot of respect for Ariel. The same goes for many of the ppl you dismiss as "haters".

So, I always feel like, people shit on fighters after poor performance, are usually people who were high on said fighters for buying into the hype or shitting on his or her opponent.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/shoot-your-shot-paddy-the-baddy-or-flash-gordon.4268206/

If you look at this poll before the fight, you will see tons of people were underestimating and shitting on Gordon. I thought Gordon was a better fighter, but you can see what most people thought about him as Paddy's opponent.

And people are acting like this is some great robbery, I mean Cejudo was saying this was the worst robbery of all time, but clearly Henry doesn't watch a lot of MMA fights. It's also kinda funny how no one cares if some no name gets robbed blind and then gets his contract not renewed and never seen again, but when Paddy wins against Gordon whom most were regarding as some sacrificial scrub, everyone is up in arms. I had Gordon 30-27, but this was far from the worst robbery. There's an argument to be made that it was a bad decision, not even a robbery. Hell, there's an argument to be made that the next fight even was a greater robbery, literally happened on the same night.

Paddy clearly lacks talent. You have problem if you noticed that after that loss, and if you didn't recognize Gordon was a better fighter. I still don't understand why UFC made Paddy fight Gordon, and Molly fight Erin, killing two UK cashcows back to back, but anyhow. Though obviously Erin on Molly made less sense, but if you look at what UFC did for Sugar, which was giving him the most favorable match ups to the top that challenges the limits of human imagination, it just made little sense in comparison.

I wanted to start this Paddy bandwaggon, because people seem to be hating on the guy when he had literally nothing to do with him winning while shitting on Gordon before the fight. If you actually have followed MMA last couple of years at least, you know this robbery wasn't half as bad as some robberies as others. I mean, like I said, arguably the next fight on exact same night was arguably a worse robbery, and the same judge had 50-45 for Sabatello literally a night before, now THAT is a travesty.

I never considered Paddy much of a prospect because I think he lacks talent. If you think he got exposed last night, then you have problem assessing fighters. Paddy sounds like a nice guy, and I don't think he said anything wrong about Helwani leeching off fighters either, whereas Helwani doesn't come off all that great to me, a bit sleazy to say the least, (Are people so quick to forget how UFC allegedly warned him not to leak news or people will get on the chopping block fast but he did it anyways for his own gain?), though I don't know either guy personally.

Anyhow, here is the bandwaggon for Paddy! Get on when you can!
Going to misspell it every single time there I guess.

Yes because only guys with Tiktok clicks gets robbery wins...not like it's his fault
Not their fault but when they are a UFC pet project for mass consumers and super annoying, that s enough to start rooting against them. Lol at your little shilling campaign.

I think it was his post fight speech that soured people, personally.

Missed opportunity, should be called The Paddywagon IMO

I'm all aboard though. Consistently fun fighter, seems like a good guy. I don't really get the haters TBH.

I'm actually a big Jordan Leavitt fan and that win was very impressive.

The arm trap was the end for Leavitt, didn't expect him to get submitted to be honest, dude looks like he's made of rubber when someone's trying to catch him - he was snared good there, though.

I didn't like his beef with Ariel (who is a weasel for sure but still) but other than that Paddy is a Sherdogger so I'm kind of disappointed by Sherbros not to support our own regardless.
And I think Tony win was a good win (although Paddy gassed a but I think by the end), Yes Tony is done but he is still great to have on resume. He should retire now for sure though.
I think Paddy standup needs some work, his grappling is good, his chin is good, has heart. Maybe not the very top elite level guys skill as of now but I still root for him. Altough I also root for Moicano so that one i will just root for a good fight :)

The arm trap was the end for Leavitt, didn't expect him to get submitted to be honest, dude looks like he's made of rubber when someone's trying to catch him - he was snared good there, though.
The overconfidence of someone who hasn't been submitted yet, and underestimating the athleticism of Pimblett.

oh no paddy read my thread calling him he lacks talent. feelsbad, man...

To be clear, he's a tough guy, I think he's a nice guy too.

I just think that he lacks talent to be an elite level guy. i'd be happy to be proven wrong though.

I still don't know why they made Gordon fight for Paddy. They could've done what they did for o'malley. Just very ood. i mean, people thought Gordon were some scrub, but he literally retired Madsen, a blue chip prospect, who were kinda old tho.

Missed opportunity, should be called The Paddywagon IMO

I'm all aboard though. Consistently fun fighter, seems like a good guy. I don't really get the haters TBH.

I'm actually a big Jordan Leavitt fan and that win was very impressive.

That kid had a good amount of hype around him too. That win was a solid win.

@theufcbaddy sorry for saying you lack talent, man, i mean i don't know nothing about mma, when i write on here, i don't expect to get seen by actual fighters. Apologies, and wish you the very best luck in your next fight paddy.

Ta7uwB.gif

At first I didn't like him because he was acting like a dumbass. Then I realized it was because I was seeing a part of me in him that I don't like.

He seems to have also reflected on that and was way more humble last fight. I'm still not totally on the bandwagon but I'll ride in the Shercart.

@theufcbaddy sorry for saying you lack talent, man, i mean i don't know nothing about mma, when i write on here, i don't expect to get seen by actual fighters. Apologies, and wish you the very best luck in your next fight paddy.

Ta7uwB.gif

Double down and call him out.

Until the fight's signed with Moicano or (preferably) Dober, you've got a chance to face him in Manchester.

Double down and call him out.

Until the fight's signed with Moicano or (preferably) Dober, you've got a chance to face him in Manchester.

i felt terrible tbh.

paddy is like the only guy who comes to sherdog and actually talks to us. I saw Josh around but I don't think he posts.

I don't like to put ceiling on people. But I mean, it's like a celebrity gossip, it's supposed to be just between us

he's a tough guy. and a nice guy too, I think.

i felt terrible tbh.

paddy is like the only guy who comes to sherdog and actually talks to us. I saw Josh around but I don't think he posts.

I don't like to put ceiling on people. But I mean, it's like a celebrity gossip, it's supposed to be just between us

he's a tough guy. and a nice guy too, I think.

Yeah, fair enough, but I don't think you need to feel terrible about it - I don't think it's going to break ol' Paddy, maybe just motivate him to prove people wrong!

I don't like the idea of upsetting people unless they've done something wrong, either. It feels grimey, doesn't it?

Back