PEREIRA x ADESANYA II (Alex' best performance, blown by his impetuance)

Izzy said the only way he could ever rematch Poatan was if he won the 205 strap, but of course he just said it because he never thought he would actually win it!

Now... crickets

Izzy is literally one of the few fighters who could beat Alex, why would he be scared of him?

Normally it's the other way around, Izzy dominates him then get's ko'd.
So Alex fans saying ''Alex was dominating him before getting ko'd, he was lucky'' bullshit makes no sense.
Izzy has never dominated Alex in any of the MMA fights.

Great post man, one of the most level headed takes I've seen here.

Two great fighters that brought the best out of each other to deliver unbelievable performances. It looked like there was no way Pereira could win the first fight but he did because his life's work depended on it and then the second fight Izzy looked to be in very bad shape but pulled off one of the most incredible KO's of all time because his life's work depended on it.

Who knows what the future holds but what those guys did will be remembered.

Izzy had been setting Alex up for that exact finish. He deserved it. You could also argue he’d been unlucky in some of his previous fights with Pereira, he’d been up in a couple before getting brutally finished. Its been a fun rivalry.
you think Izzy was eating calf kicks, only moving back against the ropes and all, just to be cornered to a point he could land a counter? you think it was all his strategy?
damn, it worked, but that was a hell of a risky one if thats true

IMHO, the 1st round of this fight looked like the 5th round of their 3rd fight. Alex crippling Izzy legs and walking him down. This time, tho, Izzy landed a big one with time to finish it (unlike end r1 of their 3rd bout). Props to Izzy, but the way I see it, Poatan was zero scared of Izzy striking and started the pressure early on.

This was the 'easiest' fight for Izzy to lose, and yet he won. In their other fights Izzy was the one ahead but then lost. Anyways, their fights are always good and I wouldnt mind if they go again.

It was the most brainless and low fight IQ of Alex career. He had the fight won, and then got too greedy and rushed in, he handed the victory to izzy on a silver plate

People talk about "slut shaming" but how about "speaking English competently" shaming on the internet?

Kind of embarrassing for the forum that people in this thread are seriously saying "too many big words what's your problem"

I disagree with the concept of the thread (discrediting the Alex loss via "fluke" logic when Alex won twice under that same logic of "winning before he was KOd") but also agree with the notion that the first part of the fight was, technically speaking, Alex at his best.

But yeah, fuck the syllable police attacking someone for using anything more than two-syllable words.

Izzy was looking for that shot that he landed several times before, it's an obvious hole in Poatan's armor. That isn't impetuance.

Cool story bro but Alex died’d that fight. And their total strike output was very similar.

Alex’s best performances are else where. His destruction of Sean Strickland was an epic outclassing Izzy vs Alex 2 certainly wasn’t for Alex at least

Izzy has caught him before in both kickboxing and MMA so it wasnt some terrible aberration, BUT I do think a case both Alex overcommited and that Izzy's follow up punch landing so perfectly is something he would struggle to recreate.

Its the latter which shifted this from Alex being rocked as previous to Alex being finished.

Izzy was looking for that shot that he landed several times before, it's an obvious hole in Poatan's armor. That isn't impetuance.

Disagree.

Alex (and his corner) kept talking about "watching out for the right" ... but the second Alex "smelled blood," he forgot to do exactly that.

Back