PFL 2024: Week 1

Young's opponent Watanabe is a 0 on the feet and despite what her record says very clearly lost her last fight to a significantly worse striker than Young. If Shanna can use her footwork to avoid the takedown, as she did a good job of for most of the first round against Maverick, she should win comfortably if not stop Watanabe late.

Shanimal sucks ass, bro. She's beaten nothing but cans and lost to Alpar. And Shanimal ain't a better striker than Veta.

Congrats to Dimitre Ivy.

TERRIBLE showing from Lucan Brennan. I've never seen him look that bad, and I assumed he'd do well enough in R3 to get the decision, but nope.

Played Shanna Young & Dmitre Ivy.

Young's opponent Watanabe is a 0 on the feet and despite what her record says very clearly lost her last fight to a significantly worse striker than Young. If Shanna can use her footwork to avoid the takedown, as she did a good job of for most of the first round against Maverick, she should win comfortably if not stop Watanabe late.

Ivy's opponent Lucas Brennan has amazing BJJ but the takedowns are not nearly as smooth and he has no boxing just kicks. His opponent despite only having 3 knockout wins has significant punching power and a GLORY kickboxing background; I think he can knock Brennan out and if not he can win a DEC if he keeps it on the feet. It is a longshot but at nearly 10-1 it was an easy bet imo. Ivy's record is deceptive because 6/7 guys he has lost to are UFC guys or ACA mainstays.
Made a stab on Dmitry Ivy because of your post, thanks brother

Dmitry Ivy.PNG

I'm hoping to live bet the Hackett fight to end ITD. The prop isn't available on my book pre-fight.

You can take the prospect out of Bellator but you can't take the Bellator out of the prospect.

R1: Watanabe

Let's see how both girls' gas tanks look in R2.

R2: Watanabe

Last edited:
Back to working construction for Shanna Young.

Nice little pay day though. She barely took any damage.

I return to see Mowry start R2 tired af, and he's on his back now... Okay then.

And right after I say that, the referee stopped the fight when the Russian was barely throwing any GnP.

Beautiful HW talent on display.

I think Bilostenniy won the fight, but I wouldn't have wanted to take him as a favorite pre-fight after seeing how this fight went.

Age and slightly better cardio was the difference, imo.

Vassell looked done once he got reversed at the end of R1, then he ate some clean shots.

Let's see where his cardio is at in R2.

Vassell looked done once he got reversed at the end of R1, then he ate some clean shots.

Let's see where his cardio is at in R2.
yeah he's tanked done. owell

i hope its not a 10-8 round.

Pathetic performance. retire dude.

Both Vassell and Mowry won Round 1 via grappling and being on top, then started Round 2 with no cardio.

Russians go into the main event as being undefeated, and they're all cornered by Fedor.

I'm now at a point where i want to write an algorithm and rely on ai to pick for me. Only pick safe fights with stats that favor me by a large margin. Close fights on paper almost seem pointless unless i'm getting good odds.

Delija looked off after the supposed low blow, but he said he was ready to fight again, so...

Then he also said something to his corner after he put himself against the cage, which is something we never see from him.

Back