Pocket Carry

SummerStriker

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
How do you carry a gun in your pocket without pointing it at people when you sit down? Back pocket only? What's the deal?

Last edited:
How do you carry a gun in your pocket without pointing it at people when you sit down? Back pocket only? What's the deal?
You could just get a small holster that sits at on the small of your back. What kind of pistol?

You could just get a small holster that sits at on the small of your back. What kind of pistol?

I have a taurus 38 special. I have a bunch of IWB holsters that I perfectly functional. I just LIKE pocket carry because it is comfy by comparison. It just makes me uncomfortable that I have the gun pointed at people when I sit, so I don't like to carry it for that reason. If I had to do small of the back carry, I'd just carry my glock IWB.

I have a taurus 38 special. I have a bunch of IWB holsters that I perfectly functional. I just LIKE pocket carry because it is comfy by comparison. It just makes me uncomfortable that I have the gun pointed at people when I sit, so I don't like to carry it for that reason. If I had to do small of the back carry, I'd just carry my glock IWB.
Ok that makes sense. I don't think there is much you can do about that besides change the way you sit or maybe a get pants with bigger side pockets. If you purchased or fashioned a pocket holster that would hold the pistol in a different position maybe.

I made this one, it's a belt holster, but you could make one that holds the .38 in a way that it wouldn't be pointing at those across from you. Not sure if it would be functional or easy to access though.

Attachments

• 20210505_135218.jpg
    20210505_135218.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
Lol now that I think about it you are pointing it at peoples crotches all the time.

If you're worried about it when sit a little forward and bring your foot back as far as comfort. This angles your knee in a downward angle and if you straighten you back allows you to get at it faster. Development and awareness of body positioning if you carry is a good idea.

If the question is in relation to flagging other people while you sit. It's unfortunately one of the downsides to carrying that way and you gotta roll the dice. I try to stand as much as possible.

When I pocket carry, it's always in a small custom KYDEX holster so trigger issues aren't an issue. Also that pocket is effectively off limits to whatever other EDC I carry. Only the gun resides in that pocket, and I'm super mindful of it. I've been able to pocket carry both a G43 and G42. I tried a G26, but it's just a bit too heavy.

I've carried it some and it does give me the creeps a little bit, but what I've found that makes it safer besides the heavy trigger is that the holster it sits in does a decent job of keeping it oriented, and when I sit, my gut crams the gun further into my pocket. The only issue would be if the gun somehow got out of the holster while I was standing, and then the holster bunched up in the trigger, and then when I sat it pressed the trigger...but I can't see how that would happen.

Back