Pre-Fight Discussion: UFC Fight Night 233 Song vs. Gutierrez Saturday December 9 5pm ET, ESPN+

Planning to watch:

• Total voters
Hey bud. Sup. What music are you playing, rehearsing lately? See ya in the PbP!

Hope you're found well too! I've been doing some playing with friends. But nothing substantial. I'm hoping some type of hobby band will pop up where I can go out and play again live.

But I just had a big car accident. I was parked at a light and a big 18-wheeler turned to Sharp and ended up driving over us with the trailer and dragging us and stuff. My back and neck are all jacked up. So it's been a rough week or so! But I'm in recovery mode and so far it looks like nothing is super critical. Whiplash for sure. So I guess I'm saying I'm doing good and bad!

giphy.gif

@HI SCOTT NEWMAN we need to operate on @Sixstring :eek::eek: Get better!!

Preview: UFC Fight Night 233 Prelims​

Park vs. Ross​

FacebookTwitterReddit0Email

TOM FEELY DEC 6, 2023 COMMENTS

UFC Fight Night 233—the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s final UFC Apex show of 2023—offers up another solid set of prelims on Saturday in Las Vegas. Flyweights are the main draw. Recent “Road to UFC” winner Hyun Sung Park gets the featured spot opposite Shannon Ross, while top divisional prospect Tatsuro Taira takes on Carlos Hernandez further down the undercard. From there, the other standout attraction comes in the form of a lightweight showdown between Steve Garcia and Melquizael Costa—a guaranteed banger between two typical featherweights that got pushed back a week.

Now to the preview for the UFC Fight Night “Song vs. Gutierrez” prelims:

Hope you're found well too! I've been doing some playing with friends. But nothing substantial. I'm hoping some type of hobby band will pop up where I can go out and play again live.

But I just had a big car accident. I was parked at a light and a big 18-wheeler turned to Sharp and ended up driving over us with the trailer and dragging us and stuff. My back and neck are all jacked up. So it's been a rough week or so! But I'm in recovery mode and so far it looks like nothing is super critical. Whiplash for sure. So I guess I'm saying I'm doing good and bad!
Damn dude I'm glad you survived.

I appreciate the kind words purp. You are one of my favorite persons I've met on here over the years. And I really enjoy these pre-fight discussion threads. They've become a regular part of fight week along with the pbp threads and the What Are You Eating/Drinking threads that @Dead Kennedy puts up. Hope you're having a wonderful week.
Thanks bud much appreciated.

Mend quickly Sherbruh! Very happy no one was seriously hurt (and hopefully not too much damage to the back! Back injuries are hell I say hell!).

I hate being near large commercial vehicles. 3 of my 5 accidents were caused by DoT vehicles or Comm Truckers. 1 was my fault sorta (visibility) and the last someone smushed muh driver side while I was shopping and drove off.

Anyhow glad you are well and in recovery mode. Positive energies your way!

<RomeroSalute>

Sorry to hear that - get well soon, my man, you're one of the best!

Mend quickly Sherbruh! Very happy no one was seriously hurt (and hopefully not too much damage to the back! Back injuries are hell I say hell!).

I hate being near large commercial vehicles. 3 of my 5 accidents were caused by DoT vehicles or Comm Truckers. 1 was my fault sorta (visibility) and the last someone smushed muh driver side while I was shopping and drove off.

Anyhow glad you are well and in recovery mode. Positive energies your way!

<RomeroSalute>

Thank you! It's exactly like what you said. There was a super large truck and I think you know what I went through. But you're right, my daughter

Thank you! It's exactly like what you said. There was a super large truck and I think you know what I went through. But you're right, my daughter was with me and we're all still here. Thank you for the kind words!

Sorry to hear that - get well soon, my man, you're one of the best!

Thank you man. I also consider you one of the best! Still early and every day really seems like a challenge. I'm pretty psyched I get to use this as an excuse for not doing stuff. Oh I was in a car wreck I'm just sitting on this couch for that reason. :p

Jeez he must of pissed them off bad to get such a quick sign and release considering he wasnt even the fighter who pulled out.
Im guessing UFC offered him a bunch of replacements and he turned them all down, they dont like Veterans doing that let alone guys they have just signed.

I’m very glad you’re not seriously injured, my dear friend.

With that being the case..

1701992731191.gif

Jeez he must of pissed them off bad to get such a quick sign and release considering he wasnt even the fighter who pulled out.
Im guessing UFC offered him a bunch of replacements and he turned them all down, they dont like Veterans doing that let alone guys they have just signed.

Sucks even more because he had a fight at cffc lined up...

Preview: UFC Fight Night 233 ‘Song vs. Gutierrez’​

Song vs. Gutierrez​

FacebookTwitterRedditEmail

TOM FEELY DEC 7, 2023 COMMENTS

The Ultimate Fighting Championship makes one last unexpected stop at the UFC Apex in 2023, and given the circumstances, UFC Fight Night 233 provides a surprisingly strong main card on Saturday in Las Vegas. This was initially targeted to be the company’s return to Shanghai, and once those plans fell through, the lineup remained mostly intact. Yadong Song and Chris Gutierrez still headline festivities in an intriguing bantamweight tilt, and the light heavyweight co-main event pittingAnthony Smith against Khalil Rountree was a welcome late addition. The return of top flyweight prospect Su Mudaerji in a compelling test against Tim Elliott up at 135 pounds also stands out, as does middleweight Jun Yong Park’s most significant opportunity to date against Andre Muniz.

Now to the UFC Fight Night “Song vs. Gutierrez” preview:

I’m very glad you’re not seriously injured, my dear friend.

With that being the case..

View attachment 1015445

Thanks man. I've got too much to do to be so immobile! I'm hoping there's some fair compensation. With my luck I'm going to be at fault for the truck running us over! :oops:

Oh yeah - you have truck experience.

<JackieThumbsUp>

Back