Prime BJ Penn vs Prime Jose Aldo at 155

you have never trained at athletics once in your dweeby life. i'm a 6'4 scholar athlete and guys like me have been taking the virginity of the women you like for years and you're clearly sick of it. i'm sorry you weren't blessed with these genes and aesthetics maybe the new year will bring you new luck,

take care chump
stereotype.jpg

Aldo is probably the worst possible match up BJ Penn could ever have....

He would absolutely annihilate him.

BJ Penn doesn't throw kicks, hasn't submitted anybody since the last millennium, and parties harder than Jon Jones. Aldo would have left the poor man in hospice.

When was BJ’s prime?

He basically had two big runs.

Jose crushes him. Penn p4p most overrated fighter.
I’ve debated this on here for years. He’s not necessarily overrated. He was a two division champion.
However, he also had plenty of lowlights. You also can’t help but wonder what he could have been had he fully committed to the sport.

Aldo via leg kicks destruction UD

What about Penn's jiujiutsu? Can't this be a factor ?
Aldo is a bjj black belt himself, but the most important reason is his godly tdd and ability to scramble back to his feet. Not even high caliber wrestlers (Mendes, Edgar, etc) could take Aldo down or keep him there.
And the same goes to Penn, he has great tdd too, that´s why I said the fight would happen on the feet, cause neither guy would be able to take the other down and/or keep him there.

tough call honestly

Penn has the superior boxing and fight IQ on the feet imo but Aldo's leg kicks in his prime were beast.

Itd be a good fight.

I would personally take Penn, he has more tools.

This is more of a question of "what is prime penn" I think. If BJ ever got held at gunpoint for a period of 10 years and forced to train hard, we may have a 3 division GOAT.

Instead we have 16-12

WEC Aldo?
Aldo
UFC Aldo?
Still Aldo but the chances of BJ picking him apart grown immensely.

I go 50/45 Aldo.

I can only see BJ's chance on the ground, hed probably win if hes on top, anyting else Aldo wins by anything anytime.

WEC Aldo was as special as Matrix Anderson, each on his own way.
This version of Aldo beats the best Penn version I have seen by UD winning at least 4 rounds.

He's not taking down Prime Aldo, BJ gets picked apart on the feet

Back