Social Religious 'Nones' are now the largest single group in the U.S.

ya but more weirdos now believe in fucking ufos visiting us and Aliens out there bullshit. It’s good that more people are realizing there isn’t some dude chilling in the sky somewhere looking down on you lol.

Good, this world would be much better off if religion didn't exist.

I'm the same.

Despite my atheistic beliefs, I find myself siding more with that line of thinking, morally speaking that is. I blame having kids more than anything.
I, too, have kids. Which makes me understand both the belief in God and the belief in Satan. So yeah, on the fence about this. It seems likely that the concept was invented to keep crazy people from murdering other people over a goat trade or whatever.

I’m not technically an atheist, though. I just don’t see any reason to give a shit if there’s a god. It’s not like it’s bothered to even introduce itself to me.

I highly doubt that.

The bulk people from South and Central America who will come to the US to be influentially religious are scam artists, just like many already in the US are.

Religious people have more children. The Amish average 7 births per family.

Cool, but religious people don't necessarily raise religious offspring.

LOL, TDS, get the fuck out of here, dumbass. He's the most recent Republican President and the current leading candidate. The party has coalesced around his personality and platform. So to discuss his relationship to religion within the context of the Republican party couldn't be more relevant. To discuss party attitudes towards religion is what gives this a political context, why this thread is in the WR, and not the Mayberry.

Fair enough. Then I stand by the rest of my post and would add that his "relationship with religion" is what is helping bring independents and moderates over to the conservative movement and helping take back the culture war. It is shifting the focus off religion causing the culture war, and that perhaps it is actually the left causing it. Regardless, he is shifting the focus on to actual policy, how it impacts our society and kids, regardless of religion, where it always should be. And that wanting traditional, American, family values is not being "religious right", it is being American. Hell, a lot, if not the majority of religious people are not even political.

Take Miami-dade for exmple where Hispanics, many of who are religious, but more socially liberal and tended to vote democrat, or didn't vote at all. They pushed him to win FL easy in 2020 and now even the Miami School board is red, that is all on Trump. People may try to give Desantis credit, but these same people overwhelmingly support Trump. I feel a lot of "nones" are similar socially and now finding themselves politically aligned with these types of Hispanics in Miami-dade over the last few years.

That being said, I think the abortion issue was too toxic in 2022, especially states pushing 6 weeks, lindsay graham pushing federal abortion law right before the election without much discussion, etc. But Trump has recently floated in some interviews and even a couple rallies a 15 week, with exceptions message that even hasn't lost him any support of the religious right, and actually a lot of non-religious people are OK with. I do think Trump can be the one to bridge this issue.

As a tangent, for devote religious people supporting Trump, despite not coming off as the most devote person, I would say Trump's platform, even much more so than someone like George Bush, reflects their values and appeals to them, and how Trump speaks and fights for them. Someone who is devote is able to see someone who may not be devote or even religious at all be a tool for god to work. I think that is why religious voters who may not have voted before, even for Bush, are now starting to come out to vote.

That is why Trump for 74 million in 2020 and will get 85 million in 2024

I'm the same.

Despite my atheistic beliefs, I find myself siding more with that line of thinking, morally speaking that is. I blame having kids more than anything.

Growing up, I never even contemplated religion, but by my early 20's I would have considered myself agnostic, believing in some sort of karma-like force, but would have considered myself liberal, though never political. As you say, having kids did make me start becoming progressively more conservative in my personal values, and then seeing the #BLM shit, and since then seeing the stuff in schools, etc, has only reinforced that and becoming political. Now, as I am exposed to more conservative voices, many of who bring up religion, starting to wish my parents were religious and made me go to church, that may have been a good thing.

Last edited:
Thank Christ for that.

Well... education and an understanding of general scientific principle, but still... Thank, Christ amirite!

According to BOP data it’s less than 1 percent
Well..... you do know that most folks going into a stretch try to join a club asap, right?

I'd want to dig past surface info and see if the people were aligned as religious prior to incarceration.

Still, I do know that the stereotype is that if you are religious, you are less intelligent, and if you are less intelligent you are more likely to commit crimes, and even more likely to get caught doing the dirt.

I do find that to be a pretty dramatic over simplification, but still, I'd be disappointed if those correlations turn out to be accurate. In my own experience intelligent folks are just as likely to do crime... albeit a different set of crimes, and I do find that there are a great many very intelligent folks that believe in a higher power, regardless of the particular deity or sect.

Moreover, what is the likelihood of getting sent to jail for fraud vs for GTA for example? That also skews the numbers...relative prosecution rates.
The guy stealing cars is going to jail, Donnie Trump will pay a fine. Both criminals, but only one of them gets sent up. I believe Trump (although he proclaims differently) is an atheist...well, or the Antichrist tbh. In any case, he is no Christian.

In any case, I haven't really thought about this stuff, so I could be entirely wrong.

Back