Songs that showcase amazing vocal performances

Many fail to notice the incredible octave range Harket runs in this song. Try to sing it yourself, suddenly you realize..."Oh shit":

Crazy how much impact this artist has had considering how obscure he was when he was alive. "Hallelujah" is better known, but this one is perhaps more impressive vocally:

Many songs on Mariah Carey's first two albums showcase her incredible vocal talent. That was the clear focus at the time, and anomalous in pop music. The world was searching for someone to contend with Whitney Houston.

The first song we ever heard from Adele, we knew we had a once-in-a-lifetime talent on our hands.

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_oqw342dmDm1rd9d03_400.gifv

Was playing random videos one day on Youtube, and this cover of Tom's Diner came on. The dude in the brown T-shirt blew my mind. Was not expecting that voice to come out of the skinny little fucker. Had never heard of these guys before.

My wife found this one by accident too. Absolutely sensational voice.

Great choice :)
I came to post Erasure, as I think Andy Bell is absolutely fantastic.
And if I had to pick one musician who I think was the most underrated in the ‘80s, it would be Vince Clarke. No one outside of music nerds know his name, but his work with Depeche Mode, Yazoo, and Erasure is just so fucking superb.

Back