SUMO - 2024 Natsu Basho (May 12th - May 26th)

Hakuoho still looking great while injured and Ura dominating plebs are really making this basho great so far. Onosato odds on to get the yusho, he's just too good.

I need Onosato, Hakuoho and Takerufuji to go all the way. I'd like Hoshoryu to really bring it all together, today he looked like a sharp Ozeki but I need that for 15 days each time

I need Onosato, Hakuoho and Takerufuji to go all the way. I'd like Hoshoryu to really bring it all together, today he looked like a sharp Ozeki but I need that for 15 days each time

I daren't dream. Everyone who shows promise gets injured every second Tuesday.

I think i know what happened to Kirishima. It was this moment (timestamped), in january. He met Terunofuji on day 15, and he needed a win for keeping his yokozuna hopes alive.
And Terunofuji just threw him out, in the air, effortlessly. You might get away with beating the Yokozuna once in a while. But this is what you have to BE all the time as yokozuna - this type of skill, dominance, strength and excellence. He's probably crushed by the realization. And it looks like he''ll Mitakeumi his ozeki promotion. Sad, cause he's really really good.

Last edited:
Ura really is the epitome of peak performance.

Two days in a row for Hoshoryu with the kind of Sumo I like to see from him.
He was reserved instead of just rushing in at Tobizaru. Keep it up Nephew.

Ura doing very well against someone he usually struggles with.
Onosato also looking very strong today

I think i know what happened to Kirishima. It was this moment (timestamped), in january. He met Terunofuji on day 15, and he needed a win for keeping his yokozuna hopes alive.
And Terunofuji just threw him out, in the air, effortlessly. You might get away with beating the Yokozuna once in a while. But this is what you have to BE all the time as yokozuna - this type of skill, dominance, strength and excellence. He's probably crushed by the realization. And it looks like he''ll Mitakeumi his ozeki promotion. Sad, cause he's really really good.

Yeah he was casually tossed aside.
Chris Sumo noted he has some neck problems too. Probably from looking up too high at that white rope he was so close to.

Congrats to Kotoeko for getting that elder stock and becoming Oguruma.

1715946148757540.png

Don't know why, but the ease at which Kotozakura threw Onosho aside gave me a chuckle. Nice throw from Takayasu after evading Hoshoryu's throw too.

They're coming for Jason again.
Absolute trash. While they are absolutely within their rights to do this it sucks to see how much they don't want international fans. Jason is 100% the reason I got into Sumo and went back through his old videos before they got taken down.

They're coming for Jason again.
Absolute trash. While they are absolutely within their rights to do this it sucks to see how much they don't want international fans. Jason is 100% the reason I got into Sumo and went back through his old videos before they got taken down.

So infuriating. They 100% don't want international fans.

So infuriating. They 100% don't want international fans.
The absolute daily struggle to watch Sumo daily for 15 days is exhausting.
Natto has his on FB, might be the only person to have stuff taken on Rumble.

If Abema doesn't want people doing this, let me sign up. I don't care, I'll pay. I don't even need English commentary. Let me give you money JSA.

Three times have they met, three times has Onosato been tossed the same by Hoshoryu.
I've been saying it, Onosato is the future, but big boy sumo is not enough for the grandest goal. You need to be a bit capable of fighting the shifty ones like Hoshoryu too.
the reverse is valid for Hoshoryu. Shifty only takes you so far. you need some big boy sumo too.

Back