Swiss bar or Football bar?

KnightTemplar

Green(Goblin)Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there a difference? Or are they just two names for the same piece of kit? I've heard some people say that a Swiss bar allows you to press with a neutral hand position, while a Football bar has the handles set at different angles. Others have said the exact opposite.

What say you, my Brothers of the Dog?

I've always seen them used interchangeably. I see swiss mentioned more often, but some companies just call them multi grip bars. I went with the EliteFTS cambered multigrip bar. If Rep's bar had been out at the time I would have gotten it instead.

I've always seen them used interchangeably. I see swiss mentioned more often, but some companies just call them multi grip bars. I went with the EliteFTS cambered multigrip bar. If Rep's bar had been out at the time I would have gotten it instead.

One of my gym's has a basic bitch Swiss/Football Bar. I find it easy on my shoulders. I'm thinking of buying a better version and donating it to the gym.

The alternative grip is less wear and tear especially if you have performed a lot of conventional lifts with a conventional grip.
I have been looking on marketplace for a used one for my home gym rn.

One of my gym's has a basic bitch Swiss/Football Bar. I find it easy on my shoulders. I'm thinking of buying a better version and donating it to the gym.
Shoulder pain is the reason I bought one a couple of years ago. Served its purpose well and I should probably use it more now. I'd recommend a camber to get a deeper stretch at the bottom. I still like the one from Rep at $289 with free shipping. If you wanted to go cheaper then Bells of Steel has their kadillac knock off for $199. However, the Rep weighs a normal 45lbs while BoS weighs 24lbs.

They are more or less the same thing. You need to find a brand that has more grip or different design with a curve. I forgot what brand but some of them can also serve as a lat pulldown attachment.

On a side note, I donated something to the gym then I got annoyed when I see assholes breaking it. People in commercial gyms are terrible.

They are more or less the same thing. You need to find a brand that has more grip or different design with a curve. I forgot what brand but some of them can also serve as a lat pulldown attachment.

On a side note, I donated something to the gym then I got annoyed when I see assholes breaking it. People in commercial gyms are terrible.

The gym I'm talking about isn't really commercial. Most of the members are Powerlifters, or compete in other sports like MMA, BJJ etc. So they tend to be serious about their training and treat the equipment with 'hespect.

The Bells Nemesis and REP camber have the eyelet for lat attachment. But it's comically large with a 7 ft wingspan waving around . It's a head hunter because it's in your eyeline and blends in with the wall.

Have the Titan and BoS, use neither.

Back