Shoop The Bigwaverider Shoopamania Classic Voting Thread. Winners Revealed!!!

Vote for you 6 favorite shoops. You get 6 votes. You can change your vote.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Breaking news. This is ScaryStorm reporting for Purp News Network. We've got @Arqueto, the winner of the Bigwaverider Shoopmania Classic with us.

Arqueto! Congratulations on your victory.

Thanks brother and thanks for all your support towards the shoop scene. The Purple Storm News Network has been an awesome addition to the shoop scene.

How does it feel to win another Sherdog Shoop Contest?

It's always nice to win a contest but the best part is always just hanging out with everyone and seeing the amazing work. Everyone killed it for this contest and the level of shooping was crazy.

How did you come up with the idea?

I was struggling a little at first to get that one solid idea but I remembered that clip of the boxing glove bazooka and I just started making something and the idea grew as I worked on it.

What was the underlying source material that you used for the shoop?

The footage is from the movie Hot Shots Part Deux and the cut-out I made of Mike sitting in the tree is Frodo from Lord of the Rings in the movie he is sitting in a tree smoking a pipe and LOTR is one of Mike's favourite movies.

How long did it take you to actually make the shoop?

I don't know exactly as I was jumping in and out but it was easily 20+ hours it doesn't always go smoothly and I change things or add things on the fly so it can take a bit of time.

It made us laugh our butts off. Were you laughing along the way of making it?

lol of course. I always think I have a good concept if I'm laughing while making it and this one kept me entertained as I was working on it. That movie is really funny and the humour is right up my street, it's just goofy and ridiculous.

Anything else you'd like to say?

I want to thank everyone that entered the contest and gave their time to make this first of its kind contest so awesome. I want to thank everyone that donated prizes to the contest, @carole simmons (Mike's Mum) the anonymous Sherbro who supports the shoop scene passionately, @MT7, @Kwic, @Buff, and @Draxton thanks so much guys.

I want to thank all the Sherbro's who voted and without their support the shoop scene wouldn't be what it is.

But most of all I want to thank Michael @bigwaverider Simmons for taking the time to show me how to do this type of stuff and for being one of the greatest friends I've ever had. I love you brother and this win is dedicated to you. I'll see you when I get there.

Thanks for doing these interviews bud.

Congrats @Arqueto for the win and to everyone involved in this amazing Shoop community.

2ek2dYy.gif

Keep the fire burning. Cheers guys.

Breaking news. This is ScaryStorm reporting for Purp News Network. We've got @Arqueto, the winner of the Bigwaverider Shoopmania Classic with us.

Arqueto! Congratulations on your victory.

How does it feel to win another Sherdog Shoop Contest?

How did you come up with the idea?

What was the underlying source material that you used for the shoop?

How long did it take you to actually make the shoop?

It made us laugh our butts off. Were you laughing along the way of making it?

Anything else you'd like to say?

Thank you for joining us!

Awesome interview as always! More power to PNN! :)

Congrats @Arqueto for the win and to everyone involved in this amazing Shoop community.

2ek2dYy.gif

Keep the fire burning. Cheers guys.

Thanks bud. I can't believe I forgot to give you a shoutout too :oops:

Thanks for everything you do for the shoop scene bud. You don't get the credit you deserve for all the time and effort you put into it and this place in general.

Thanks for all the hard work. Gio bless!

<{1-7}><Wink2><{1-7}>

Congratulations to @Arqueto , @caketime21 and @Otto!
It's great to see three top geezers up there. Outstanding work fellas.

To all the legendary Sherfam that donated, your generosity is very much appreciated.

@carole simmons (Mike's Mum), @Arqueto , Anonymous Sherbro, @MT7 , @Kwic , Shadpillow @Buff Shadtrophy @Draxton
You are all big time G's.

Well done to all the shoopers that took part. It's fantastic that everyone came together and created such high level shoops to pay tribute to @bigwaverider RIP.

Thanks to @Arqueto for organising, to everyone that helped out behind the scenes and to everyone else involved.
tenor.gif
fe731f7d-beb4-45e9-9e00-4347dec8a82a_text.gif
giphy-6.gif
giphy.webp
Well-Done.gif
well-done-gif-11.gif
CreativeWeeAmericanbadger-max-1mb.gif
Thankyou my brother, your one was really good - I voted for it.
giphy.gif

WINNERS REVEALED
First up I want to give a big shoutout to everyone that entered, everyone that donated, and everyone that voted you guys are the best and without you, we wouldn't have these awesome contests or this awesome scene we have here.

You all did Mike proud and everyone stepped up and killed it, seriously. It was so hard to pick 6 entries to vote for here, and I really mean that. I went back and forth on my votes and looked over and over them. I honestly wish I had more votes the standard was so high. Love you all and Mike is looking down and loving these entries no doubt in my mind.

Here are the final standings for the first-ever Bigwaverider Shoopamania Classic. @Arqueto is the winner and coming in 2nd is @caketime21 and finishing off the podium is @Otto! amazing shoops boys, really awesome concepts and execution. Big shoutout to @Prologue and @Pizza Werewolf for just missing out on podium finishes. Amazing job boys.

Congratulations to the winners! @Arqueto , you have some serious talent! Gave me a run for my money on the MS contest, then absolutely kicked ass in this contest. All while organizing and doing so much work behind the scenes. Awesome job to everybody else! You all did a great job! And thank you to everyone else who donated, voted, bumped the thread, etc. Mike would be very proud of all of you! See ya'll at the next contest...

Congratulations to the winners! @Arqueto , you have some serious talent! Gave me a run for my money on the MS contest, then absolutely kicked ass in this contest. All while organizing and doing so much work behind the scenes. Awesome job to everybody else! You all did a great job! And thank you to everyone else who donated, voted, bumped the thread, etc. Mike would be very proud of all of you! See ya'll at the next contest...

Thank you bud. Next contest is ISL and it could start early 2023 with the first round in January <Eek2.0>

Congratulations to @Arqueto , @caketime21 and @Otto!
It's great to see three top geezers up there. Outstanding work fellas.

To all the legendary Sherfam that donated, your generosity is very much appreciated.

@carole simmons (Mike's Mum), @Arqueto , Anonymous Sherbro, @MT7 , @Kwic , Shadpillow @Buff Shadtrophy @Draxton
You are all big time G's.

Well done to all the shoopers that took part. It's fantastic that everyone came together and created such high level shoops to pay tribute to @bigwaverider RIP.

Thanks to @Arqueto for organising, to everyone that helped out behind the scenes and to everyone else involved.
tenor.gif
fe731f7d-beb4-45e9-9e00-4347dec8a82a_text.gif
giphy-6.gif
giphy.webp
Well-Done.gif
well-done-gif-11.gif
CreativeWeeAmericanbadger-max-1mb.gif

Thank you brother and thanks for all your hard work in the shoop scene too. You always put a smile on my face with your shoops.

A couple of months ago I made a heavy-handed 5am drunken "Arqueto For Mod" thread. I've decided that this project isn't sufficient. "@Arqueto for millionaire" is my newest scheme... Plan is to encourage him to post on social media, directly message fighters with pics of them, post tagged stories for them to re-post, and to do some mainstream media posts for the masses... If he works at it then he will gain followers, and once he passes a certain threshold he will start to get sponsored to use programs/apps/guides - there's plenty people with way less talent already doing it - the money is there, along with advertising as a graphic designer, custom images, birthday cards, whatever - there is a business there, clearly, and it costs nothing apart from time to do, but consistency is key...

And then there's also the Hollywood happy ending where someone from the UFC brass sees his stuff and gives him a job - rumoured has it @GSPOAB is a rich graphic designer now, and deleted all his shoops archives after signing a big contract... Its out there, and @Arqueto has the talent.

ald5.jpg

A couple of months ago I made a heavy-handed 5am drunken "Arqueto For Mod" thread. I've decided that this project isn't sufficient. "@Arqueto for millionaire" is my newest scheme... Plan is to encourage him to post on social media, directly message fighters with pics of them, post tagged stories for them to re-post, and to do some mainstream media posts for the masses... If he works at it then he will gain followers, and once he passes a certain threshold he will start to get sponsored to use programs/apps/guides - there's plenty people with way less talent already doing it - the money is there, along with advertising as a graphic designer, custom images, birthday cards, whatever - there is a business there, clearly, and it costs nothing apart from time to do, but consistency is key...

And then there's also the Hollywood happy ending where someone from the UFC brass sees his stuff and gives him a job - rumoured has it @GSPOAB is a rich graphic designer now, and deleted all his shoops archives after signing a big contract... Its out there, and @Arqueto has the talent.

ald5.jpg

<Oku03>

I always thought Mike should have been employed by the UFC to do stuff. Some of his content had so many views but he never seemed that bothered about it. He was just happy making art and hanging out with everyone here and I get that. When it becomes a job do you still enjoy it?

I definitely want to post more and I have some stuff I can post on my Instagram. I've had it for a couple of years and I still haven't made a single post there

{<shrug}

I just use it to follow artists and keep up with their work. I want to keep getting better and learning but I should post some stuff there.

<Oku03>

I always thought Mike should have been employed by the UFC to do stuff. Some of his content had so many views but he never seemed that bothered about it. He was just happy making art and hanging out with everyone here and I get that. When it becomes a job do you still enjoy it?

I definitely want to post more and I have some stuff I can post on my Instagram. I've had it for a couple of years and I still haven't made a single post there

{<shrug}

I just use it to follow artists and keep up with their work. I want to keep getting better and learning but I should post some stuff there.
Well, you have a portfolio now, but obviously, like shoop threads here, its a "current events" thing.

My advice would be to start completely fresh, new account, think of a catchy name, and start with a few Halloween shoops, maybe look at some recent posts by fighters, Halloween them up, and catch a few reposts on stories, or PM'ing fighters with your work to post themselves... Obviously you need to come up with a slam-dunk idea now and then, because those viral ones are some serious shit, but that's not the issue, it's just a question of whether you want to go pro on Instagram with all the kids.

Back