This is how Mike Perry vs Michael Jai White fight would go

So because there are lots of fakes. It means guys who never fought can’t train or teach martial arts?

They can train and teach all they want, but when a top 20 MMartist punches them in the mouth, their chi isn't going to save them

They can train and teach all they want, but when a top 20 MMartist punches them in the mouth, their chi isn't going to save them
Who said anything about chi? Im talking about bjj masters and karate masters. Some are legit badasses, they just never fought professionally.

Why does every fight have to be on video? MJW has been in real fights before, they were really real, like no referee, no one to say start, no one to break it up. If tank abbott hadn’t entered the ufc and you saw him somewhere you would probably think he cant fight because theres no footage of him street fighting lol

You don't get to say, "I held my own against Jon Jones" without proving it.

Tank Abbott had a history of winning tough man contests and barely sanctioned boxing matches. MJW has stories, he tells, with no proof.

Again, mate, you are a mess of logical fallacies. It's no wonder you fell for a fraud.

You white knighted him by trying to excuse his lack of full contact experience, by falsely asserting he had no real venue available to pursue it. When corrected on this, instead of staying quiet, or admitting the error, you moved the goal post so far it is on a different field.

See, the real fighters I mentioned became famous for fighting, THEN were in movies. MJW did bit role and extra work, before getting a big break with the Tyson role. Fighting career is error 404. And how could he go where the money was before he knew he would make it as an actor? Meanwhile he was playing tip tap in the smallest rinky dink tourney I have ever seen, and could have been also taking full contact fights like many semi contact competitors did in the 80s.

Dude is a movie star, not a fighter. And all of these "He sparred with this fighter, or that fighter" are comedic. Do you think any of them try to touch him up? He can get you easy work in his movies, and hanging around with celebs is always good for the image. On his end, they lend him credibility which helps sell his movie persona. Which is evidently working brilliantly, based on some of the hurr durr replies in this thread by his admirers.

I'm not an "admirer" of his so I'm not sure why u r being so hostile here. I'm pointing out that not everybody wants to get battered for a living when he can make money acting for TV or the movies - in fsct most people probably would fall into that category. That is probably why he never sought out other avenues for competition fighting beyond his own karate traditions more point fighting type competition format.

Last edited:
You don't get to say, "I held my own against Jon Jones" without proving it.

Tank Abbott had a history of winning tough man contests and barely sanctioned boxing matches. MJW has stories, he tells, with no proof.

Again, mate, you are a mess of logical fallacies. It's no wonder you fell for a fraud.
Tank had no documented fights on video or paper. He boxed and wrestled but never fought any professional fights. Find me a video of tank fighting before he was in the UFC. Must be a fraud.

Tank had no documented fights on video or paper. He boxed and wrestled but never fought any professional fights. Find me a video of tank fighting before he was in the UFC. Must be a fraud.
Again, this isn't the gotcha you think it is, and nothing will change the fact that MJW is a dancer.

Sorry mate, WWE is fake and Jet Li is 5'2" and 105 lbs.

Again, this isn't the gotcha you think it is, and nothing will change the fact that MJW is a dancer.

Sorry mate, WWE is fake and Jet Li is 5'2" and 105 lbs.
MJW is as legit a martial artist as Ray Thompson and Yoshizo Machida. All are karate masters who never fought professionally.

WWE is scripted, buts its not “fake” or cgi, those are real athletes, a wwe guy with almost no fight experience became a ufc champ in his 3rd UFC fight and 4th mma fight. Bobby Lashley is 15-2 in mma…

Jet Li is actually 5’6 and 140lbs, he’s about the size of a UFC bantamweight.

All people mentioned above can whoop your ass.

MJW is as legit a martial artist as Ray Thompson and Yoshizo Machida. All are karate masters who never fought professionally.

WWE is scripted, buts its not “fake” or cgi, those are real athletes, a wwe guy with almost no fight experience became a ufc champ in his 3rd UFC fight and 4th mma fight. Bobby Lashley is 15-2 in mma…

Jet Li is actually 5’6 and 140lbs, he’s about the size of a UFC bantamweight.

All people mentioned above can whoop your ass.

"My DaD cAn BeAt Up YoUr DaD!!!1!1"

Machida, Thompson, and Lashley competed. MJW and Jet Li did not.

What an embarrassing showing from you.

"My DaD cAn BeAt Up YoUr DaD!!!1!1"

Machida, Thompson, and Lashley competed. MJW and Jet Li did not.

What an embarrassing showing from you.
MJW competed when he was younger. Theres no footage of machida thompson doing any real fights. Lashley wrestled, that is not fighting.

I'm sorry but too many TMA "masters" have gotten their ass kicked by journeymen MMA fighters for this to be true.
this is one reason I think MMA is important, especially now that we've had the ability to easily record and share videos for that past 20 years or so. If someone is claiming that they are a great fighter and can teach you, or their system/techniques are superior, then they should be able to at least enter some regional competitions and show it to the world

After Perry's win last night, it's surely time for a thread necro.

Bareknuckle king Platinum vs. Kung fu movie champ White.

Who you got?

Lol at fat slobs calling MJM who’s a life long experienced martial artiest in many arts just an actor.

However, in a cage against a younger fighter, I just don’t know. If MJM had experience in a cage then he has many tools but it’s a different dynamic with hard shots swinging at you if you’ve never been on there.
Exactly. No one is saying a 50yr old MJW could compete with MMA fighters. If he trained for MMA specifically for a year and was 10 years younger then maybe he could do ok since he is a legit lifelong martial artist.

It's become a phenomenon for fat/skinny, out of shape sherdoggers who don't train to insult legit martial artists by putting them down compared to active MMA fighters just because they don't compete. It's alot to do with the the low entry level of the Internet in allowing nobody idiots to voice an opinion.

MJW is a joke. His martial arts are a joke.
Pretty sure he could whoop you, even at 53 without too much difficulty.

Back