Media UFC 300 is ALREADY better than UFC 200

200 made me a little sad tbh... An entire card full of pointless fights.

300 has potential, but its not much better (yet) in terms of star power... Ronda, Conrad, Khabib, Brock, GSP - at least 2 of them...

100 was one of the GOAT events... People still talk about things that happened on that card every day... They hit the combo of grudge-matches, elite competition, and star power absolutely on the head, and it was spectacular..

View attachment 1026617

Haters will call this a weak card... The first 2 main card fights were a mistake, but somehow they added to the anticipation... GSP hit Alves with his groin, and so on...

Not sure what my point is, really... 200 had more star power, but wasn't as good as 100, I guess.
100 had names we recognize in retrospect on the prelims, but at the time they weren't big names. Jones was a couple fights into his UFC career and fought a guy who would get cut immediately afterwards. The Dong, Tom Lawlor, TJ Grant, Jim Miller were all only a few fights into their UFC careers and not any more notable than your average prelim fighter of today. The only notable fight on the prelims was Coleman vs Bonnar, an out of prime 44 year old vs a TUF prospect coming off a loss.

100 led with 3 amazing fights, everything else was filler.

They let literally fucking anyone main event

Not true. I mean just look at next week's card - Dolidze vs Imavov. These guys would be household names right across the globe.

Imavov is coming off a a no contest and a loss. Dolidze is coming off a loss. Stunning momentum.

I don't think it's hyperbole to say it is the most anticipated fight of all time.

100 had names we recognize in retrospect on the prelims, but at the time they weren't big names. Jones was a couple fights into his UFC career and fought a guy who would get cut immediately afterwards. The Dong, Tom Lawlor, TJ Grant, Jim Miller were all only a few fights into their UFC careers and not any more notable than your average prelim fighter of today. The only notable fight on the prelims was Coleman vs Bonnar, an out of prime 44 year old vs a TUF prospect coming off a loss.

100 led with 3 amazing fights, everything else was filler.
I'm not talking about the undercard... I wasn't even able to watch it live, and I can't remember anything apart from the Coleman/Bonnar fight.

Main card feels like yesterday.

I'm not talking about the undercard... I wasn't even able to watch it live, and I can't remember anything apart from the Coleman/Bonnar fight.

Main card feels like yesterday.
Then why are you calling it the GOAT event based on 3 good fights? I think that's your nostalgia talking.

Then why are you calling it the GOAT event based on 3 good fights? I think that's your nostalgia talking.
I said "one of the GOATs" because it was fucking awesome.

Now kindly fuck off.

Based on 3 fights?
Yes.

We're still talking about those fights to this day.

Also the undercards weren't accessible back then in the UK, so all cards were 5 fights to me until around UFC 150...

The main event for 200 shouldn't have been the main event, but I like 200 more than 300 regardless. Mousasi/Santos as the 2nd fight? Those early prelims were Fire.
Also as a huge Anderson Silva fan ,him coming in at the 11th hour to save the card was magic. Some of us still had that hope that he could pull off the miracle, and that was enough to be ecstatic about the match-up.
Nothing on 300 will live up to that for me..then you had Brock,Cain,Aldo...

Boy are you wrong. But too bad we can't prove or disprove these things anymore.... Are social media numbers the only thing to look at anymore?
I have no excitement regarding McGregor vs Chandler. Didn't watch a second of their season on TUF but I knew Chandler would run rings around Conor as a coach. The ratings for it were poor as well. Their fight is meaningless. Actually its worse then meaningless as it will be used as a reason to book one of them in a title fight, especially Conor.

100 was better than both though, but I agree 300 > 200

I agree. I think a lot of the problem is Dana over promising again so people expect more.

There's been alot of hate cause of Dana White promising something extraordinary
However looking at the end product of UFC 200 vs UFC 300 alot of the fights got cancelled on UFC 200, but in the end the UFC 300 card is shaping up to ALREADY be better even if there is a shitty main event.

Just look at the cards we have so far compared to the other

UFC 300:

UFC 200:
View attachment 1026610

300 is indeed stacked
but the fight card for 200 was pretty hype for that time period

but still, 300 takes the cake
granted all fights come through...
and we dont even know the main event yet

True, however if the rumors are correct that Mcgregor is coming back vs Chandler i think the hype+ other fights for UFC 300 would by far exceed 200.
Arman vs Charles and Gaethje vs Max alone are barnburner must see fights.
There are so many Conor rumors right now. Chandler at 165 with a shift in weight classes and a new 165 pound belt. Chandler at 170. There’s been some recent buzz about Nate at 170 too. Who knows what the hell is going to happen.

UFC 100 and UFC 200 both felt like much bigger cards at the time. I think most people who watched the UFC back then would agree...

Last edited:
Holy shit I forgot how stacked 200 was. Thanks for the reminder TS. I'm bummed out now.

Back