UFC 300 is lacking of important fights

It's not supposed to meaningful, just a fun exciting card to bring on the casuals
giphy.gif

Oh, I love the arman vs oliveira fight. I was just expecting one of them to get a title fight, so this is kind of a step down from that level of excitement, but I still love the fight.

You picking Arman?

Thats a tough fight to pick because one of Arman's last opponents cracked him and put him on queer street.
I think it was Joaquim Silva if im not mistaken.
Charles is a much better fighter than that guy and he hits pretty hard.

That could be an issue, and Im not 100% sure if Arman can control Charles on the ground.
I do think if Arman has a chance at a title shot it will at this point in his career.

Gun to my head...I will pick Arman, but not without reservations sir.
If I were to give it a % I would say 55% Arman and 45% Charles.

This will be sink or swim for Arman because Charles will definitely want to prove something after that missed TS.

People can't admit they were wrong... they have been bitching about UFC300 before a single fight was announced. Now that the card is stacked top to bottom the fights aren't "meaningful" enough.

Get the fck out of here.

LOL, you're right. But if we weren't complaining it wouldn't be Sherdog.

Ill enjoy the fuck out of the fights, I know that much but the fights that really get me going are the ones that have everything on the line. Title fights basically....(although not all title fights are equal like Pendington vs KinderBueno

Thats a tough fight to pick because one of Arman's last opponents cracked him and put him on queer street.
I think it was Joaquim Silva if im not mistaken.
Charles is a much better fighter than that guy and he hits pretty hard.

That could be an issue, and Im not 100% sure if Arman can control Charles on the ground.
I do think if Arman has a chance at a title shot it will at this point in his career.

Gun to my head...I will pick Arman, but not without reservations sir.
If I were to give it a % I would say 55% Arman and 45% Charles.

This will be sink or swim for Arman because Charles will definitely want to prove something after that missed TS.

Charles's age and inactivity worry me alot going into this one, but if he looks like the charles of a few years ago, I think he'll find a finish at some point. His length might pose problems for arman too.

Just not sure where Charles is at these days.

I 100% agree. I was checking out the confirmed fights a while back and even though its really stacked it just feels hollow. And thats when it hit me that not a lot of fights on there reallyyyy matter, and theres also no really big names fighting on it even though its freaking UFC 300.

I would love to see them add McGregor vs Chandler for the name value, and Leon vs Shavkat as the co-main for the actual important title fight on the card

It needs to be a freak fight: Brock vs Diaz Bros or GSP vs Fedor...Something like that

UFC 300 doesn’t feel important. It doesn’t have any fights of consequence. I get it has tons of big names all over the card but the fights are either circus fights or not important to their respective divisions.

One of the main things that makes big cards feel big is the fights of consequence.

I guess I was just expecting more from how much hype this card had.

• TBH vs TBD - very important fight, can’t believe TBD is an underdog, he’s got a great left hook
  • Justin Gaethje vs. Max Holloway – for meaningless BMF circus belt that they only bring out when they’re out of ideas
  • Zhang Weili vs. Yan Xiaonan – for WSW title (one of the only actual good meaningful fights on this card)
  • Charles Oliveira vs. Arman Tsarukyan - meaningful and exciting banger fight
  • Kayla Harrison vs. Holly Holm - dumpster fire, no one cares about Holly Holm anymore and Harrison just lost to a lady she’d beaten 3 times before
  • Jiri Prochazka vs. Aleksandar Rakic - meaningful but probably won’t decide the next LHW contender. Rakic is not to be trusted with putting on good fights or showing up at all.
  • Calvin Kattar vs. Aljamain Sterling - 2 big names but feels meaningless, this fight makes no sense and feels thrown together
  • Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Cody Garbrandt - just why lol Fig just destroyed Font why are we getting Cody KO’d again
  • Bobby Green vs. Jim Miller - Obligatory Jim Miller fight on a 100 card for the old boys
  • Cody Brundage vs. Bo Nickal - meaningless fight to get Bo Nickal some views
  • Diego Lopes vs. Sodiq Yusuff - actual banger fight, very meaningful for division

What's "important" is bottom line $ that filthy casuals will spend.

And the filthy casuals will be spendin their doll hairs on this event. That's what is important.

UFC 300's timing is just right now where we don't have too much consequential fights lined up that look like it will determine the future of the division.
FLW: Has been jammed with rematches and all 3 guys look pretty even with each other.
BW: O'Malley is champ, but guys like Merab or Umar would easily be favored over him, but they don't sell the same.
FW: Volk is getting older, but still FW #1. Probably should've been on 300.
LW: Islam just looks above the rest until he gets tired of it or old.
WW: We have had khamzat, shavkat, belal, waiting for TS while they do rematches and give Colby a fight. At this point people don't care.
MW: Interesting Izzy is out as champ, but DDP/Strickland don't seem like dominant champ material. Khamzat can't earn a title shot it seems.
LHW: Pereira is a beast, looking like someone truly special, but only Ankalaev or Hill up ahead.
HW: Jones injured, Aspinall looks to be waiting for the interim belt to become real belt when Jones retires.

I dunno, there is no mega hype trains right now, if 300 was a year ago Islam/Olivera would've been worthy.

Last edited:
People can't admit they were wrong... they have been bitching about UFC300 before a single fight was announced. Now that the card is stacked top to bottom the fights aren't "meaningful" enough.

Get the fck out of here.

The reasoning is hilarious

Oh it’s a great match up but it’s not the exact match up I fantasized about in my pea brain

Letting these retards run wild with that ufc 300 fantasy card contest killed these peoples perceptions on a realistic card

Charles's age and inactivity worry me alot going into this one, but if he looks like the charles of a few years ago, I think he'll find a finish at some point. His length might pose problems for arman too.

Just not sure where Charles is at these days.

All true, and that's why I gave that slight edge to Arman sir.
Now, if Arman goes in there mows Charles over he'll probably get next if Justin loses to Max (I wish nothing more), or he'll get next after Justin if he wins.

Im pretty excited for sure.

Holloway v Gaethje is shut up and take my money stuff. It’s not as good as it could be but it’s a decent card so far for me, still time for something better too.

we've hit the point where 300 is being called average.

They say justin vs max shows up in the dictionary when you look up the meaning of thrown together.

UFC 300 doesn’t feel important. It doesn’t have any fights of consequence. I get it has tons of big names all over the card but the fights are either circus fights or not important to their respective divisions.

One of the main things that makes big cards feel big is the fights of consequence.

I guess I was just expecting more from how much hype this card had.

• TBH vs TBD - very important fight, can’t believe TBD is an underdog, he’s got a great left hook
  • Justin Gaethje vs. Max Holloway – for meaningless BMF circus belt that they only bring out when they’re out of ideas
  • Zhang Weili vs. Yan Xiaonan – for WSW title (one of the only actual good meaningful fights on this card)
  • Charles Oliveira vs. Arman Tsarukyan - meaningful and exciting banger fight
  • Kayla Harrison vs. Holly Holm - dumpster fire, no one cares about Holly Holm anymore and Harrison just lost to a lady she’d beaten 3 times before
  • Jiri Prochazka vs. Aleksandar Rakic - meaningful but probably won’t decide the next LHW contender. Rakic is not to be trusted with putting on good fights or showing up at all.
  • Calvin Kattar vs. Aljamain Sterling - 2 big names but feels meaningless, this fight makes no sense and feels thrown together
  • Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Cody Garbrandt - just why lol Fig just destroyed Font why are we getting Cody KO’d again
  • Bobby Green vs. Jim Miller - Obligatory Jim Miller fight on a 100 card for the old boys
  • Cody Brundage vs. Bo Nickal - meaningless fight to get Bo Nickal some views
  • Diego Lopes vs. Sodiq Yusuff - actual banger fight, very meaningful for division
You broke those fights down so well. EXACTLY How I feel

The first fight of the undercard is some shit they'd give us for a headliner on a fight night card.
This is where MMA fans have gone wrong. You’ve accepted SHITTY main events and shit cards on a weekly basis, so by the time a decent card pops up all of a sudden “it’s stacked, this is what we normally get, blah blah”

We have gotten better cards for free than UFC 300.

And Dana was the one HYPING it up, leading to the disappointment. “Wait until you see the prelims let alone the main card. You are going to go Holy Shit”

Last edited:
Back