Usman Nurmagomedov vs UFC LWs

He's still only 25, looked pretty flawless to my knowledge thus far and comes with Khabib backing him as super talented.. If I were a betting man i'd bet he'd get into the top 15 relatively quickly, but no idea how he'd matchup against someone like Gaethje or Arman. Just hope there's no more failed tests.

Javier Mendes says that Usman is the best fighter he's ever trained.
Considering the stable that dude has, that's really saying something.

I think his striking, wrestling and grappling are all fantastic, but it's his transitions between the 3 that really make him special.

Sky's the limit for the young buck.

<RomeroSalute>

Dunno, he's a bit safe and tentative against better quality fighters. It's a shame we're not getting the Shabliy fight now because that would have told us a lot about him against a top 15 guy in the world.
It would be cool to see either guy fight a Hooker or Mociano type guy. A longer fighter with solid fundamentals and aggression. I guess PFL's Clay Collard and Shane Burgos are aggressive but I still don't think they'd answer any questions that we don't already know.

Usman and Shabliy are clearly elite but it's hard to tell how elite. I really wish Patricio moved to LW instead of BW since he's the only guy that could've challenged either guy (at the time).

It would be cool to see either guy fight a Hooker or Mociano type guy. A longer fighter with solid fundamentals and aggression. I guess PFL's Clay Collard and Shane Burgos are aggressive but I still don't think they'd answer any questions that we don't already know.

Usman and Shabliy are clearly elite but it's hard to tell how elite. I really wish Patricio moved to LW instead of BW since he's the only guy that could've challenged either guy (at the time).

I think Tofiq would be an interesting fight for Usman even though Shabliy beat him, I think he's world class too.

Islam will move up and be 170 champ
Usman 155 champ
Umar 135 champ

Khabib Bless :)

He couldn't even pass a drug test under Scott Coker. Neither Ubereem, Bigfoot, Barnett or Werdum failed tests under Coker in Strikeforce...but all got busted in the UFC.
Despite this being totally true, he does seem to be the most skilled dagi in all of mma

Skilled as fuck

As Islam prepares to go up, he would be a great addition the LW mix

Pull your levers Khabib and get this dude a UFC contract soon

I don't even see a single aspect of fighting any of the LWs would beat him in to even say "if ___ can do ___, he could beat him". At least with Khabib, people could delude themselves into thinking "well maybe he can stop the TD and outpoint him in the standup". Obviously never happened and wasn't going to, but they had some idea what they wanted to happen even if it never did. I don't think any of Usman's opponents know where they want to keep the fight to even have a game plan.

Him vs Islam would be a dream fight that will never happen.

He could be champion. I'd pick him over anyone.

He is good but I think he will have weight problems. I am not sure what the new IV rules are without USADA. I saw some pictures of him next to Islam and he is honestly same size or slightly bigger. His hairline weak though.

Back