Media Volk: I’m gonna teach Ilia a lesson

I’d love for Volk to beat the living piss out of tuporia … but I’ll be betting tuporia to knock out Volk

Ill never be so happy to lose a bet if I’m wrong

Yeahhh tough enough matchup without a short notice turnaround after a concussion lol

War Volk tho

Max didn’t do enough to win, Volk did enough to win . It was a close fight but Volk clearly edged him, it could’ve been a draw in some peoples eyes
Max did enough to win for the majority of the people who watched it. So it's pretty dumb to say "i don't know what the hell they were watching". Their eyes are just as good as your's.

I would pick Volk because I feel like he’s the more complete and overall skilled fighter. But the intangibles have me leaning the other way. Volk just got KO’d and he’s at the age guys drop off quick. I think youth wins out and a changing of the guard begins. Just a feeling, wouldn’t mind a win either way.

Volk shouldn't come too cocky for this fight. topuria is very dangerous and with legit power for a 145 guy. i think this will go either late tko or decision for topuria

I love volk but ilias era starts now he will dominate volk

But don’t lose sight of the fact Volk grappling game is going to be on another level than ilia
Dude.... At least google ilia topuria before posting.... Ilia is minimum 10x better grappler and wrestler than volk and thats minimum

🤦 Ilia who is wrestler from age 7 and starts bjj at 15 becomes black belt at 21
Is going to lose to volk in grappling 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yes. Volk is stronger and bigger. If Ilia's cardio fails him, it will be even more pronounced.

Yes. Volk is stronger and bigger. If Ilia's cardio fails him, it will be even more pronounced.
Dude who volk is shorter than ilia thats first and second who cares about size when we are talking about life long wrestler/grappler and dude who was playing rugbby yes volks wrestling is strong against guys like yair

I will be interested to see how Volkanowski handles a KO loss. Some really good fighters have looked unbeatable, until they really got beat. Some rebound well, others are never the same. I think he will be OK though, at least at FW.

Dude who volk is shorter than ilia thats first and second who cares about size when we are talking about life long wrestler/grappler and dude who was playing rugbby yes volks wrestling is strong against guys like yair

Height equals size? Please. Volkanovski has proven to be incredibly strong. You could look at his first fight with Makhachev as a good example. His cardio is also exceptional. If Ilia wins, it'll be with a big strike that changes the fight or causes a finish.

If anything, Volk is an outlier at the smaller weight classes considering his age. He's the first guy at 35+ to ever defend his title from 155-135. Time comes for all athletes and maybe he's due after that brutal KO loss, but skill for skill, based off of success and results, Volkanovski is more talented.

You're free to think otherwise.

Height equals size? Please. Volkanovski has proven to be incredibly strong. You could look at his first fight with Makhachev as a good example. His cardio is also exceptional. If Ilia wins, it'll be with a big strike that changes the fight or causes a finish.
With makhachev it was because volk is short and when u are tall it is hard to takedown shorter opponent if he has good TD trust me if they will try to grappler ilia will be winner everytime

Volky, old man. You had an awesome run. Now is the Top-Dog time to shine. Godspeed.

If anything, Volk is an outlier at the smaller weight classes considering his age. He's the first guy at 35+ to ever defend his felt from 155-135. Time comes for all athletes and maybe it's he's due after that brutal KO loss, but skill for skill, based off of success and results, Volkanovski is more talented
Its same all time before volk it was max now after ilia defends his belt few times you will say same about ilia why people just cant admit guy is good i bet if ilia dominates volk you will say its because of age or recent KO not because ilia is better

Its same all time before volk it was max now after ilia defends his belt few times you will say same about ilia why people just cant admit guy is good i bet if ilia dominates volk you will say its because of age or recent KO not because ilia is better

Ilia is good. When did I say he wasn't? I don't know if he's great, yet. This is his opportunity to prove it. It's obvious you're a hardcore Ilia fan. Maybe it's you who should be objective. Me thinking that Volkanovski is a better fighter isn't a slight to Topuria.

True, but “El Matador” has been talking smack and being disrespectful for months. Volk has had time to regroup from surgery, life, and his last fight. Getting his strength back with good nutrition and a full camp in was a must. Hammering leg kicks and hitting takedowns should be the key to Volk punishing him and keeping his title.
He’s not gonna get a single takedown on illia probably. Can’t really see any of these guys taking each other down

Topuria will be the first fighter with a win streak that Volk will have to defend against.

Ortega lost to Max, sat out 2 years and came back and beat KZ and got another title shot.
KZ lost to Ortega, beat Ige and got a title shot.
Yair sat out for over 2 years, came back and lost to Max, beat Ortega via injury then beat Emmett and got a title shot.

Illa is on a 14 fight win streak going into the Volk fight.
That’s huge.

It just feels like illias time. Volk getting KO’d at this age and then coming back so soon just doesn’t sit right with me

Dude.... At least google ilia topuria before posting.... Ilia is minimum 10x better grappler and wrestler than volk and thats minimum
I don’t think he’s better on the ground, especially with top control and ground and pound. Although he did knock out Ryan Hall. I definitely think he’s the much better wrestling and it shows in his athleticism and training videos on YouTube.

People saying Volk is the better grappler don’t really know how good Topurias grappling is and how truly athletic he is. That being said Topuria doesn’t use his wrestling for offense either lol

Back